Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 09-19-2018, 03:12 PM   #1
Sooner Cole

Drives: 2019 ZL1-1LE A10
Anyone running "Triple X" Heat Exchangers

Like the question says, anyone using this system and have any thoughts? I mostly run the ZL1LE on a road course. I am looking at doing some mods and the builder recommended this set up. Thoughts?
Old 09-19-2018, 05:13 PM   #2
Chris V

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Curious as well.

What kind of temps are you seeing (oil and coolant) on your car on track?

2017 1SS 1LE - 663 whp/623 wtq
Rotofab/Whipple/Kooks 2"/LT5 TB/LT4 Fueling/E85/MCS Coilovers/Ground Control/GOODAero/Apex Wheels/Race Louvers
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 05:55 PM   #3
Badmojo
aka BeastZL1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2004 Cobra
sub'ed
Old 09-19-2018, 07:28 PM   #4
Intimidator

Drives: 69 GTO, 05 GTO, 2018 Silver ZL1
Weapon-X just posted this on FB and IG.
You were destined to get these!!!lol
Attached Images

Intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:37 PM   #5
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
We deal with Weapon X and these are very effective. I don't have any road testing with them but I can attest to the cooling capabilities. A pullied LT4 usually takes hours to cool down between dyno pulls. With this heat exchanger we can really speed up the tuning process. If you guys need one contact us (forum sponsor) and we can sell you one or even install it for you if you're local.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:46 PM   #6
WEAPON-X

Drives: ZL1 ATS-V CTS-V C7Z Range Sport SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1 View Post
We deal with Weapon X and these are very effective. I don't have any road testing with them but I can attest to the cooling capabilities. A pullied LT4 usually takes hours to cool down between dyno pulls. With this heat exchanger we can really speed up the tuning process. If you guys need one contact us (forum sponsor) and we can sell you one or even install it for you if you're local.
This!

The kit holds 150% more fluid and unlike most on the market, we replace all THREE heat exchangers, not just the center unit... because we understand what goes into the Manifold Air Temp calc used for timing. The days of "IAT2" are gone
WEAPON-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 09:00 PM   #7
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
I'd like to see actual test data, not from dyno pulls. Maybe before and after air temp logs from roadcourse track days from the same track and similar outside air temperature.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 08:22 AM   #8
Sooner Cole

Drives: 2019 ZL1-1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
I'd like to see actual test data, not from dyno pulls. Maybe before and after air temp logs from roadcourse track days from the same track and similar outside air temperature.
This^
Old 02-23-2021, 11:12 AM   #9
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Quote:
After 2 years, still no data? Thinking about the triple threat for my 2021 ZL1 1LE, but real world test results speak most.
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 11:29 AM   #10
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue70SS View Post
After 2 years, still no data? Thinking about the triple threat for my 2021 ZL1 1LE, but real world test results speak most.
I ended up going with C&R Racing. They sell a center heat exchanger and the auxiliary heat exchangers that are a direct fit. Their cooling fin design is top-notch.

My setup has been converted for the left aux cooler to be the C&R racing oil cooler. (I have data, but it's not a true apples-to-apples with the setup in this thread.) Couple their oil cooler with their 42mm core center heat exchanger for the supercharger, then their auxiliary water cooler for the right side, and I guarantee this setup will outperform anything on the market.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying anything bad about Weapon X or their offerings that were made available before anyone else. The C&R Racing solution came along much later, but I believe this is now the best solution available. It comes at a price though. Their stuff is not cheap, but if you want the best available, that's what you want.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 11:34 AM   #11
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Quote:
I ended up going with C&R Racing. They sell a center heat exchanger and the auxiliary heat exchangers that are a direct fit. Their cooling fin design is top-notch.

My setup has been converted for the left aux cooler to be the C&R racing oil cooler. (I have data, but it's not a true apples-to-apples with the setup in this thread.) Couple their oil cooler with their 42mm core center heat exchanger for the supercharger, then their auxiliary water cooler for the right side, and I guarantee this setup will outperform anything on the market.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying anything bad about Weapon X or their offerings that were made available before anyone else. The C&R Racing solution came along much later, but I believe this is now the best solution available. It comes at a price though. Their stuff is not cheap, but if you want the best available, that's what you want.
thanks for the info!
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 12:38 PM   #12
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Vengeance Racing uses AFCO heat exchangers. That's what I have in my car, they seem to do a very good job.
Z OH 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 02:48 PM   #13
Chris V

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:

Can you do 20-minute sessions when it's 75 degrees out? What do your coolant and oil temps look like on track?

2017 1SS 1LE - 663 whp/623 wtq
Rotofab/Whipple/Kooks 2"/LT5 TB/LT4 Fueling/E85/MCS Coilovers/Ground Control/GOODAero/Apex Wheels/Race Louvers
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 01:38 AM   #14
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
I was going to buy those with the rest of the upgrades I’m currently doing because today For example, it’s almost a hundred here In Udon Thani and it’s February still and I’m sure Buri Ram (where the track is) the climate is the same. I postponed them to get other dress up and functional items because I don’t plan on being at the track until about the end of summer. But a 15 minute session here will be when it’s 100 and the “on track temp” is going to be scorching hot, damn near 140 probably. Rarely does anybody walk barefoot on asphalt in this country. But when I get them, I’ll make sure I run once prior to installation to get a baseline, and then I’ll have data. I’ll be the guinea pig if you’re willing to wait. It’ll be about 6 months before I get to the track. So I should be buying about that time.
Bangkok_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote