Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > CANADA

Phastek Performance

Old 02-22-2021, 05:12 PM   #1
02blackss

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible
Update on my 2021 LT1 order, STILL at 1100 Status.....

So I put in an order back on January 30 for an LT1 and as of today it is still sitting at 1100 Status. I am the only sold order for a camaro so far this year at the dealer I bought from. Salesman says I am next to go once an allocation opens up. It is a very large dealer (part of the biggest auto group in Canada).
He is promising delivery no later then May, lets see what happens.

He does have a 3LT, 2LT and another LT1 on the lot, just not what I want.

Always hard to be patient!

Jason
02blackss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 05:28 PM   #2
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
I was waiting much like yourself. Iirc my order was accepted on Jan.14.2019.
I waited until April 4.2019 before I received information that my order was at 3400. Next thing it was April 17 and the car was at event 4200. My car arrived at the dealer on April 22.
Yours may come sooner as it’s an LT1 and the tires aren’t near as susceptible to freezing temperature damage as the tires on my ZLE. I’m pretty sure they often times wait for the ZL1 and ZLEs to be built during decent weather season due to the tires. I know there have been recorded cases of tire damage due to temperature. The tires on the LT1 aren’t that sensitive and that’s a good thing. But I would guess you’ll see the car early April or sooner.
The wait is painful sometimes. Trust me I know.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 07:03 PM   #3
02blackss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
I was waiting much like yourself. Iirc my order was accepted on Jan.14.2019.
I waited until April 4.2019 before I received information that my order was at 3400. Next thing it was April 17 and the car was at event 4200. My car arrived at the dealer on April 22.
Yours may come sooner as it’s an LT1 and the tires aren’t near as susceptible to freezing temperature damage as the tires on my ZLE. I’m pretty sure they often times wait for the ZL1 and ZLEs to be built during decent weather season due to the tires. I know there have been recorded cases of tire damage due to temperature. The tires on the LT1 aren’t that sensitive and that’s a good thing. But I would guess you’ll see the car early April or sooner.
The wait is painful sometimes. Trust me I know.
Well that gives me some hope then. I think the entire GM ordering/allocation process is so backwards and old school...

A customer walks in, puts down a hefty down payment, wants to buy a car, the order should go in immediately and be built, its called good business...

LOL
Old 02-22-2021, 07:16 PM   #4
WldchrySS

Drives: 2021 camaro ss
Yeah it’s really weird how they do things. Waiting sucks horribly. When it gets here you’ll forget about the wait.
WldchrySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 07:21 PM   #5
k0jdd

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro / Colorado
I would suggest having a heart to heart with the sales manager or even the general manager. The salesperson is just doing their job but he or she has no power. You want the order to proceed -- Now -- not sooner or later.

The dealer (part of the biggest auto group in Canada...) already knows if and when they will have another allocation. They could easily get an allocation through another of their dealerships.

Explain to them that if they think you are going to break down and buy one off the lot they need to think again because if you DO end up buying off the lot it won't be from them.

You can do this without being an alpha-hotel. Be calm but firm. They should listen. If they don't listen maybe you have the wrong dealer.

Best of luck to you.
Traded- 2014 2LT V6 Automatic / Red Hot w/Black Leather / 19" Polished Wheels / Sunroof
VIN 2G1FC1E31E9202653
Traded - 2010 2LT V6 Manual / Victory Red/Black Leather / 19" Polished Wheels / R6P
VIN 2G1FG1EV3A9112601
Sold - 1999 2LT V6 Automatic / Victory Red/Black Leather / 19" Polished Wheels / T-Tops
VIN {Still Searching for it...}
k0jdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 07:30 PM   #6
02blackss

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0jdd View Post
I would suggest having a heart to heart with the sales manager or even the general manager. The salesperson is just doing their job but he or she has no power. You want the order to proceed -- Now -- not sooner or later.

The dealer (part of the biggest auto group in Canada...) already knows if and when they will have another allocation. They could easily get an allocation through another of their dealerships.

Explain to them that if they think you are going to break down and buy one off the lot they need to think again because if you DO end up buying off the lot it won't be from them.

You can do this without being an alpha-hotel. Be calm but firm. They should listen. If they don't listen maybe you have the wrong dealer.

Best of luck to you.
Would love to do that, the issue is there is not the variety or pickings available here in Canada, with it being cold everywhere there are very few camaro's sitting on lots here right now in February which is why I ordered. Good luck trying to find a 6-speed LT1 anywhere even remotely close by. I ordered because I wanted a fairly low optioned LT1...

NPP exhaust
8" Infotainment
A few other small options....

Everything up here is fully damn loaded......

:(
Old 02-22-2021, 07:47 PM   #7
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Do you know who the district sales manager is? If you are that concerned I would ask to see the email verification from the district manager that says they have the Allocation to get one this model year. I think they do as Canada will get more LT1s than ZLEs. But still it may put you at ease. I wonder if it is the same district sales manager as mine.
Old 02-22-2021, 07:57 PM   #8
02blackss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
Do you know who the district sales manager is? If you are that concerned I would ask to see the email verification from the district manager that says they have the Allocation to get one this model year. I think they do as Canada will get more LT1s than ZLEs. But still it may put you at ease. I wonder if it is the same district sales manager as mine.

At this point, I am going to wait until about Mid March...I did buy my car through the Used Car sales manager. I do know him somewhat personally. We are buddies on IG and talk on occasion. I have no reason to doubt him and he knows I will raise hell if I do not see some activity soon (I spoke to him today).

He told me this....jokingly...(You guys on the Corvette and Camaro forums just need to clear your heads and stop reading so much in to things, I told you that you will get your car and you will, so stop worrying about it. He said the Corvette guys drive him even more crazy...) I did buy my daily driver 2016 Gen 2 Cruze from him as well. He is a good guy, I have no issues with him. I guess it is fair to say not all dealers have an allocation the DAY they put in the order. With all the snow we have right now, I Honestly am thinking it may be a bit better if it arrives late April/May as I am running out of room to pile this snow...LOL
Old 02-22-2021, 08:05 PM   #9
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Yeah I’ll bet mid March early April you will see action and it will happen fast. Remember, they have other orders to fill and most are in the US. I’m sure you’ll be fine. I hounded my dealer at first too. If you ever feel like it I’ll tell you how things went for myself. It’s pretty interesting. PM me if you’d like.
Old 02-25-2021, 07:38 AM   #10
Noreplacement

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Vert
If anybody is interested, Reaume Chev in Windsor has an unspoken for ZL1 allocation.
Was speaking with Kevin Thielk at the dealership regarding a C8 Z06.
I purchased my ZL1 from him. Very easy to deal with those folks.
Noreplacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 02:28 PM   #11
02blackss

Well, I sure hate being screwed with but coming this Tuesday, if my order has not progressed to 2000 status, I am going in and getting a refund on my down payment. Then I will tell everyone here on the Canadian Forum which dealer to avoid.
I went in there on January 30th, this will now be 4 weeks with no movement. I HATE being told oh yes we have an allocation, and it just sitting there. Some dealers are scammers and just want to keep you dangling. Lesson learned for the future, now I know what questions to ask before making a deal.

#1 Ask the sales manager to SHOW you that he has an allocation for your vehiicle and confirm it will go to 2000 status the next week on Tuesday.

#2 Immediately get a copy of the WorkBench

#3 Walk away if they cannot fulfill #1 and #2

Jason
Old 02-28-2021, 03:37 PM   #12
k0jdd

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro / Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02blackss View Post
Well, I sure hate being screwed with but coming this Tuesday, if my order has not progressed to 2000 status, I am going in and getting a refund on my down payment.
Sorry to hear that man, but enough is enough!
Traded- 2014 2LT V6 Automatic / Red Hot w/Black Leather / 19" Polished Wheels / Sunroof
VIN 2G1FC1E31E9202653
Traded - 2010 2LT V6 Manual / Victory Red/Black Leather / 19" Polished Wheels / R6P
VIN 2G1FG1EV3A9112601
Sold - 1999 2LT V6 Automatic / Victory Red/Black Leather / 19" Polished Wheels / T-Tops
VIN {Still Searching for it...}
k0jdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 04:10 PM   #13
02blackss

So, went in today and had to get my refund back. They had NO allocation after all and BS me on it......Never again, at least now I know what to ask for in terms of ordering. I may just wait for the 2022's as the ordering cycle starts in April.

Jason
Old 03-02-2021, 05:48 PM   #14
Noreplacement

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02blackss View Post
So, went in today and had to get my refund back. They had NO allocation after all and BS me on it......Never again, at least now I know what to ask for in terms of ordering. I may just wait for the 2022's as the ordering cycle starts in April.

Jason
Sorry to read about that misadventure.
You did the right thing. Too bad the dealership couldn't. Wonder what they were thinking or not thinking.
Noreplacement is offline   Reply With Quote