Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-25-2019, 07:04 PM   #99
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaggerMouth View Post
I removed mine today. Went through the top of the radiator cover by removing the hood latch. You will need a ratchet wrench or patience to remove the latch bolts. Took about 45 mins to do everything. The plastic piece the clips go into is also pretty flexible so it is kind of a tight fit but it will come out with some wiggling.
Did you have problems re-installing the latch?
Did it line up or did you have to make adjustments?

I tried this, but did not want to remove the latch thinking there would be adjustments needed, so I re-installed the plate. It doesn't look like there's much room to work the latch bolts for adjustments.

Since it took you about 45min, just wondering if it would be faster to partially removing the bumper.
Old 11-25-2019, 07:57 PM   #100
LARRY01Z28

Drives: 2001Camaro Z28
just a heads up to everyone. the one they are making for the 19 wont be out for about two weeks. I plan on getting this for Christmas. lol
LARRY01Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 09:15 PM   #101
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
Grab a sharpy and trace around the upper part of your latch, then take it off and let it hang. When you put it back on, just re align with your Mark's. The first time I did it for my glowtie and it took me about an hour of adjusting, learn from my mistakes lol. No point to remove any part of the bumper, the guy that made it even says it. But if it makes you feel better about the job, by all means.
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 08:16 PM   #102
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
Grab a sharpy and trace around the upper part of your latch, then take it off and let it hang. When you put it back on, just re align with your Mark's. The first time I did it for my glowtie and it took me about an hour of adjusting, learn from my mistakes lol. No point to remove any part of the bumper, the guy that made it even says it. But if it makes you feel better about the job, by all means.
Well as you know, I have enough frustration for now...LOL!
I'll check it out once the header job frustration has worn off.

Good idea on the tracing!
Old 11-28-2019, 10:01 PM   #103
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
Hahahaha, I feel ya man! Definitely a test of your skills.
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:34 PM   #104
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Looks like it is shipping. My setup does not use the stock box, but the new Procharger setup does... Looks great.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:35 PM   #105
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
https://www.velossatechdesign.com/pr...19827886391353

Would work with the new Procharger design

https://www.procharger.com/2019-2016-camaro-ss-lt1-eo
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 03:30 PM   #106
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post
I will help make everyone's life easier here - download the ECS / Vortech supercharger install instructions as it will guide you how to get to the pieces and remove them. It is actually quite easy

On the ECS blower they instruct you to take all of it out and run without it
I believe he's referring to these instructs to remove the front bumber cover... with luck a limited number of bolts and fasteners could give us full access to where we wanna go- https://www.eastcoastsupercharging.c...uctions1.0.pdf

See page 2 of the PDF.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 11:31 PM   #107
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
I believe he's referring to these instructs to remove the front bumber cover... with luck a limited number of bolts and fasteners could give us full access to where we wanna go- https://www.eastcoastsupercharging.c...uctions1.0.pdf

See page 2 of the PDF.
For front clip removal, this is good stuff.

Thanks for posting.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:39 PM   #108
Ventmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVRKLL View Post
Did you have problems re-installing the latch?
Did it line up or did you have to make adjustments?

I tried this, but did not want to remove the latch thinking there would be adjustments needed, so I re-installed the plate. It doesn't look like there's much room to work the latch bolts for adjustments.

Since it took you about 45min, just wondering if it would be faster to partially removing the bumper.
O.K.- put myself through this today and you're right you can install from the top and leave the bumper alone... but you got to be nuts! Unfortunately, I'm that kind of nuts, but fortunately was able to channel my MacGyver and got this done. Phwew! Not impossible but not fun and yep, whenI thought I was done, despite Booher's excellent idea of marking the hood latch placement, she wouldn't close.

I knew from experience the more room to work the better, but never had a really clear idea what I was trying to do. I'm also lazy, so I wanted to do this as simply as possible. I always fall for those guys that say "I did this in 15 minutes from beginning to last tool polished and put away". So do I ask for better directions? Inquire for clear input? Heck no, I'm American as apple pie AND male!

I bolted forward and just started taking stuff off...

Once I got the hood latch working well, I went for the "shake down cruise" (liquor store-thank God they're still open, who'd uv thought in UT the churches are closed and the liquor stores are open!). Car runs great! Very smooth and improved pick up a as low as 2500 RPM with great sound. This is all subjective and it didn't hurt it was a perfect 74 degree Spring sunny/breezy day!

Included the first couple pics to help orient people a little better than I was to where it goes and the last couple to show if you're patient, you can do it and not do any harm to your car! Happy motoring!
Attached Images

Old 04-06-2020, 09:48 PM   #109
Ventmaster

Well, no response to my initial post... so I guess I should shut up and go home. I know I didn't offer any useful info ( too anxious to "get it done" to slow down and take pics ) , but if I can offer any helpful info,feel free to drop a PM. Also I went out again today (S.Utah is incredible this time of year... of course check back in a couple of months- as one local put it- ""the only thing missing is the smell of sulfur!").

Anyway the car is running like a scalded dog and I strongly recommend this mod. No CEL's and I look forward to someone with the resources to back it up with objective info. As always, happy motoring and keep your hands away from your face!

Tried to add MacGyver tool pic to this post, I honestly used all these in this install ... magnet on a string, flexible "graboid" for dropped tools, and a mirror that is probably better than my dentist uses. All from that $1.98 bin at the hardware store. I love those things!
Attached Images

Last edited by Ventmaster; 04-06-2020 at 10:03 PM.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:07 PM   #110
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Come back...come back!

Looks good! Thanks for the post and the link. I’ve had mine since it became cold outside. Hopefully I’ll get time soon to utilize your post as well as others. I’ll add some thoughts after the install.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 10:45 PM   #111
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
Come back...come back!

Looks good! Thanks for the post and the link. I’ve had mine since it became cold outside. Hopefully I’ll get time soon to utilize your post as well as others. I’ll add some thoughts after the install.
Come on Trochoidal, get that thing installed already lol!!
It's only been six months since you laid hands on it ....Winter's coming
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 06:18 PM   #112
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
Come on Trochoidal, get that thing installed already lol!!
It's only been six months since you laid hands on it ....Winter's coming

Right!! It will be 6 MONTHS next weeksince that thing showed up. I’ve got a Pray ported IM too so I need to get it in gear and make the time. Wow, time flies.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote