Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-13-2020, 09:00 AM   #15
foshjowler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T, 91 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZP_Tyler View Post
I've beat plenty of V8's at the road course, and pretty handily at autocross. I'm just over 3400lbs race weight and make 340whp. Some solid tires and you can eat up stock V8 guys. Once they're modified your advantage goes away on larger track obviously. I don't have a 1LE for reference, so you'd only be at a better advantage.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=512725
At Nationals, the 2.0T driven by a couple GM guys won CAM class, which was made for the v8 muscle/pony cars. They put on an anti-lag tune that eats turbos, but they claimed they had more torque than the V8s coming out of corners. Not that power gives you much at autox, the lower weight and 50/50 balance for the 2.0T will probably negate any advantage of the power.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/ar...r-cylinder-ca/

I just bought a base 2.0T specifically for autox and daily use. It's got 305 BFG Rival S 1.5 going on all around tomorrow. I'll also probably head out to VIR once this year, but it'll be hard to keep up with the extra power of the V8s out there. As far as I'm concerned, the extra speed on the straights just means more consumables and being closer to death though.
foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 04:30 PM   #16
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
Whats an "anti-lag tune that eats turbos tune"?

NFG M6 2T
Mishimoto Hot side pie | ZZP Catted DP | KN Drop in | Borla - Sport Tour | Apex Arc 8 - square | Wookster Tuning+ | Flex Fuel

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 01:21 PM   #17
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
[QUOTE=foshjowler;10723180]At Nationals, the 2.0T driven by a couple GM guys won CAM class, which was made for the v8 muscle/pony cars. They put on an anti-lag tune that eats turbos, but they claimed they had more torque than the V8s coming out of corners. Not that power gives you much at autox, the lower weight and 50/50 balance for the 2.0T will probably negate any advantage of the power.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/ar...r-cylinder-ca/

Great article. I love coming across things like this.

Are we just going to sit here and ignore the fact that they installed the "SS" Strut Tower Brace with no fitment issues... Lol

Also, what's up with the water cooler they fitted to the stock intercooler??? I kind of want to do that....
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 07:33 AM   #18
foshjowler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T, 91 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookwook View Post
Whats an "anti-lag tune that eats turbos tune"?
What it sounds like. They gave the car anti-lag, but it destroys the turbo so that it only lasts a few thousand miles.
foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 07:55 AM   #19
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
took a bit but I found some info thanks. Big in the rally world.

"Anti lag was devised to keep the turbo spinning in a throttle off position. A very late ignition spark (~30° retart and overfuelling causes the flame front to exit the engine through the open exhaust port.-- Read more at: https://www.torquecars.com/tuning/anti-lag-systems.php - (c) TorqueCars"

NFG M6 2T
Mishimoto Hot side pie | ZZP Catted DP | KN Drop in | Borla - Sport Tour | Apex Arc 8 - square | Wookster Tuning+ | Flex Fuel

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 08:53 PM   #20
19coupe

Drives: '21 LT1 SSM 10spd
Might we see Mr Pobst go back to his roots in autocross with his new 2.0?
19coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:57 AM   #21
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19coupe View Post
Might we see Mr Pobst go back to his roots in autocross with his new 2.0?
That would be cool - I competed against Randy in SCCA Pro- Solo in 1985-86 in almost identical VW Jettas
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 09:59 AM   #22
bob13bob

Drives: dodge grand caravan, acura rsx
They modified that 2.0. Hardcore. Zl1 suspension, and blowing turbos every 500-1000 miles. It's a money no object racecar and that does t count . Ss 1le much more affordable than that, slower, but much more reliable.

The had an extra 100 hp and 100 two over stock.
bob13bob is offline   Reply With Quote