Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 03-07-2021, 05:58 AM   #43
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Be a a lot of boats sinking with guns on them.
Old 03-07-2021, 06:00 AM   #44
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCracka View Post
OMG! I think I'm triggered. I need to go find a safe space, suck my thumb and drink some tea.

Not to derail the thread, but I'm pretty sure we are already there, for those considering escaping Covid tyranny by coming to Florida, and many are coming, remember there are lots of guys like me and we don't live in the ghetto. Make sure you get a house in a gated community because they won't allow us to park our trucks outside and our trucks don't fit in the garages.

You will see "bro-dozers" flying Trump flags as well as "Old Glory, and lots of them have train horns." You can go further south where there is a lot less of it, but then you run into all the street racing children of the well to do. Hell, in Orlando they had a group of quad riders taking over I-4, so you never know what might happen. We have bugs too, big ones. God Bless.
I have one of them ugly jacked up trucks next door to me with a Trump flag.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:40 AM   #45
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
So why not show us how to tolerate?

Record a video of yourself right next to a brodozer with a thumb up while that thing blows a huge black cloud right in your face. Bonus points if you park a freshly washed car right beside you in the black cloud as well.

Again, blame the bad apples for these restrictions coming into place. If people have any respect towards others then you wouldn't even need anyone to set any restrictions.
Why don't you take a video of a cop pulling one over for it, like I have time for that BS.

I was a diesel mechanic in another life, so fumes don't bother me and I would drive my freshly washed car right through the smoke like Tom Cruise in Days of Thunder. In fact, on more than one occasion, I've passed a slowing car on the right because they thought the smoke might make their car explode. Jeez, you guys don't have pollen up there. If I wanted my car to look pristine all the time I'd have to wash it every other day. Don't get me wrong, you have the right to slow down and avoid the smoke if you so choose. At least I think you do up there.

My ugly mud truck does not have a Trump flag, and it's not a diesel, but in six years I can run antique plates giving it a whole other level of protection.

I remember when the GenV came out and Jamie Oliver of Top Gear said murderers drive Camaros, "They keep a severed head in the boot." There are haters for all enthusiasts vehicles and it's not just because of a few bad apples. When I still had to go into the office, there was a libtard who did not understand why soccer mom's had to drive big SUVs when only they were in the vehicle, like these ladies should go home and change into their Prius after dropping the kids off at school.

When they come after the Camaros, what bad apples are you going to blame it on, the guys who drive fast, like everyone on here bought theirs for it's spacious trunk.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
Old 03-07-2021, 12:30 PM   #46
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
This is what happened new federal Law....

Fed.pdf
Old 03-07-2021, 12:33 PM   #47
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
What EPA Crackdown On Defeat Devices Means For Cos.
By Robert Meyers and Paul Freeman (January 26, 2021, 5:45 PM EST)
In February 2020, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency announced that it was
making enforcement of Clean Air Act prohibitions against "defeat devices" and
tampering with the emissions control systems of engines and vehicles one of its
National Compliance Initiatives, or NCIs.
Defeat devices and vehicle tampering are often designed to improve vehicle speed
or performance — but they can often come at the cost of increased air pollution. A
vehicle that has been illegally altered may produce 30 to 40 times more pollution
than a newly certified and compliant vehicle.
In the short time since the elevation of this issue to an NCI, the Air Enforcement
Division of the EPA's Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance, or OECA,
has entered settlements in more than 30 enforcement cases, some imposing
several millions of dollars in fines. Despite this increased activity, there are several
strong signals that this EPA enforcement effort is far from over, and could even
accelerate under the Biden administration.
Just before Thanksgiving, the EPA reported that approximately 550,000 diesel
trucks had employed illegal devices or strategies, resulting in the emission of more
than half a million tons of excess air pollution[1] — making clear that the agency
itself believes significant work remains to be done in order to accomplish its stated
goal of "stopping the manufacture, sale, and installation of [aftermarket] defeat
devices."[2]
Following closely from the release of this tampering report, the EPA revised long-standing guidance
documents that detail when aftermarket parts and devices cross the line from helpful consumer
products to Clean Air Act violations that carry fines of up to $5,000 for each illegal device.[3]
And the agency has been assembling evidence from many sources — including purchasing devices and
conducting sophisticated emissions testing — to back up its claims of violations. All of this effort points
to an impending increased risk of enforcement for manufacturers, distributors and retailers of
aftermarket parts, as well as companies that service vehicle fleets.
Anyone in the aftermarket parts supply chain or in the business of servicing motor vehicles should
Robert Meyers
Paul Freemantherefore be apprised of what products and activities EPA considers to cross the line from permissible
performance improvements to unlawful activities affecting the proper functioning of vehicles' emission
control systems — and should take steps to ensure they stay on the right side of that line.
Old 03-07-2021, 01:34 PM   #48
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Why don't you take a video of a cop pulling one over for it, like I have time for that BS.

I was a diesel mechanic in another life, so fumes don't bother me and I would drive my freshly washed car right through the smoke like Tom Cruise in Days of Thunder. In fact, on more than one occasion, I've passed a slowing car on the right because they thought the smoke might make their car explode. Jeez, you guys don't have pollen up there. If I wanted my car to look pristine all the time I'd have to wash it every other day. Don't get me wrong, you have the right to slow down and avoid the smoke if you so choose. At least I think you do up there.

My ugly mud truck does not have a Trump flag, and it's not a diesel, but in six years I can run antique plates giving it a whole other level of protection.

I remember when the GenV came out and Jamie Oliver of Top Gear said murderers drive Camaros, "They keep a severed head in the boot." There are haters for all enthusiasts vehicles and it's not just because of a few bad apples. When I still had to go into the office, there was a libtard who did not understand why soccer mom's had to drive big SUVs when only they were in the vehicle, like these ladies should go home and change into their Prius after dropping the kids off at school.

When they come after the Camaros, what bad apples are you going to blame it on, the guys who drive fast, like everyone on here bought theirs for it's spacious trunk.
Not everyone wants to deal with the fumes, and after Dieselgate, diesel = dirty is firmly planted in people's minds. That's just how it is, Volkswagen screwed it up for everyone.

And I tend to stay away from pickup trucks in general, usually I would drop into 2nd and then I am gone. I know I am prejudiced but 90% of the truck drivers I have encountered drive like a-holes so I don't stay near them if I can stay away anyway.

The bad apples in Camaro's would be like that guy in Texas doing a flyby in one at 100 MPH and ended up killing 3 people. Drive it fast is alright, just make sure you don't drag anyone else into it if you screw up.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
Old 03-07-2021, 02:13 PM   #49
CamaroCracka

Totally agree on that. I quit street racing in the 80s and do all my racing at the track. I might speed a bit, but almost never break triple digits. I also pull to the right when a faster car comes up from behind.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
Old 03-07-2021, 04:04 PM   #50
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
This is what happened new federal Law....
Reading this, it's obviously diesel trucks that are to blame for the push to enforce car mod laws. Coal-rollers and those who feel it's ok to subject others to visibly black and stinky exhaust in particular, it's so much worse than tuners for gas vehicles.

I wish I could afford to disregard warranty and install a flex-fuel system on my Camaro while I still can...

---

Also, I built a supercharged 496 for my pickup about 20 yrs ago, but it ran clean and had a muffler.
Old 03-07-2021, 06:29 PM   #51
Paulie-G

Drives: 2SS 1LE & ZR2
Diesels have nothing to due with any of this. It's about control and getting rid of fossil fuel vehicles.
Look at the emission standards on new street bikes.
Not to mention cars have had emission controls way before diesels.
Europe has really strict emission laws and I doubt the "bro dozer rollin coal" is the reason.
Old 03-07-2021, 07:07 PM   #52
CamaroCracka

The real concern for future ICE cars is if the factory is forced to make the tunes uneditable. This whaling and gnashing of teeth over connection pipes is nonsense. There have been and still are other solutions. If you can't edit the tune, someone will have to figure out how to jailbreak it in order to mod, and that would likely kill bolt-on aftermarket parts. If you are driving an EV, there is only so much you can mod anyway.

Of course, you can always drop and LS into it and use aftermarket fuel injection. Aluminum blocks are getting scarce, but there are millions of iron blocks in junk yards and millions more made every year. Then there are the aftermarket engines.

The Cummings diesels go into so many trucks that the Ram boys will have engine options forever. Hell, there are a number of GM guys that do the Cummings/Allison combo.

Old 03-07-2021, 07:30 PM   #53
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Nothing better than resurrecting an old iron beast with some modern tweaks. I’d spend my days in retirement at a machine shop doing nothing but that if I could. Hunting old junkyards and bringing those engines back to life, better than they were new.

Quote:
The Cummings Diesels...... Cummings/Allison combo.
It’s Cummins
Old 03-08-2021, 10:48 AM   #54
CamaroCracka

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
I wish I could afford to disregard warranty and install a flex-fuel system on my Camaro while I still can...

---

Also, I built a supercharged 496 for my pickup about 20 yrs ago, but it ran clean and had a muffler.
Just buy the sensor now and wait to install it, The sensor is about $100. The government won't be able to stop tune modification on existing vehicles, although I hear some state inspections can see tune updates.

The smell of E85 permeates through most hoses. Steel lines are ok, but most braided lines will give off an odor. I have an LS427 in my mud truck that runs E85 and it smells like a still when you fire it up, but I have braided line all the way back to the tank.

BTW, the greenies would consider that blown 496 one of the bad apples.

Old 03-08-2021, 11:01 AM   #55
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Ok, Imma be the asshole, - being behind/next to/near - a black cloud is not fun at all, especially when "they" think it is funny or cool.

So to me the problem became - when the end user thought it was cool to be an asshat instead of just performance. '

So I blame them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sigma View Post
I can't help but think the diesel modders get a lot of the blame for more emissions equipment enforcement. The coal-rollers are a very in your face a-hole move that very few like.

Like most things with the government this is full of unintended consequences and tends to punish those that are not the worst offenders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
Reading this, it's obviously diesel trucks that are to blame for the push to enforce car mod laws. Coal-rollers and those who feel it's ok to subject others to visibly black and stinky exhaust in particular, it's so much worse than tuners for gas vehicles.

---

This ^ I have a buddy who was at the NMRA race in Florida this past weekend. Lots of the chatter was that as far as the tuning part goes, seems like the gov is more interested in diesels...but the way everything is worded also includes cars.

Scary times
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 03-08-2021, 11:09 AM   #56
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
One of my techs here who is a Ford guy said they jailed Lund Sr. and the guys at Palm Beach dyno. I have no idea how true this is. Told me Texas Speed, Stainless Works, and many others are no longer offering longtubes.

Closed Thread