Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-12-2020, 02:15 PM   #15
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 1LE View Post
I had a similar experience in what is still my daily driver, a Nissan 350Z Roadster. The cop pulled me over and was flustered to find out that I wasn't a young kid who they could intimidate. It pretty much ended in "if you stop arguing with me, I'll let you go"!
Altered Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 02:15 PM   #16
Sweptwing

Drives: 2017 2LT RS V6 M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altered Carbon View Post
For me, it was, "Your car is too bright and it's a distraction/hazard to other drivers." It's the stock summit white, it's just clean. This was on a nice sunny day and I feel that there was clearly another reason for being stopped. I don't know what it was though. But, no warning, no ticket, didn't even ask for my license. "...too bright"
I’m thinking someone just wanted an up close and personal look at the car!
Old 06-12-2020, 02:37 PM   #17
L8Apex

Drives: 2016 2SS
Had a sheriff put a gun in my face and told me no one rides a bike like that unless it's stolen
Not sure why I even stopped
L8Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 02:40 PM   #18
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
I was pulled over in Bethesda, MD doing 47 in a 45. I said you have got to be shitting me, the officer said, nope.

Needless to say the Judge was not to thrilled about wasting time and resources and I got innocent plea granted.

EDIT: Friends in Keller, TX say they will pull you for 1mph over.
My wife got pulled over and received a ticket for doing 28 in a 25. She was so pissed. This was about 5 years ago. So, she was about 45. The one and only ticket she's ever gotten in her life.

I received a ticket years ago in my RX-8 and I literally couldn't believe it. I got over into the left hand turning lane at a traffic light too soon. I drove thru the yellow hashed lines to get over into the turning lane. After I turned left with the green arrow, a cop pulls me over and tickets me for illegal passing. I asked if he was going to ticket the 20 people in front of me for doing the same thing. He simply stated "no" and gave me the ticket. It was for like $200. I've never driven thru the yellow hashed lines since.
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 02:46 PM   #19
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Coming back to TN from east TX at 5:00 a.m. and going through Louisiana. Dark, highway completely empty, cruise set at 5 over in the left lane. Pulled over. "You're supposed to surrender the left lane when not passing." Uh... oookay...

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 02:51 PM   #20
Jb54

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS M6
One time I was cruising along and this cop was following me closely on my tail. I was checking my rearview when a bird hit my windshield and it went over my car and hit his. Well, on come the red lights! I pull over and ask him what I did wrong. He said ( "You flipped me the bird!). Can you believe that!!
Jb54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 02:58 PM   #21
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jb54 View Post
One time I was cruising along and this cop was following me closely on my tail. I was checking my rearview when a bird hit my windshield and it went over my car and hit his. Well, on come the red lights! I pull over and ask him what I did wrong. He said ( "You flipped me the bird!). Can you believe that!!
Whaaat? Seriously? I hope he was joking, but still, taking up time to pull you over is dumb.
Old 06-12-2020, 03:07 PM   #22
L8Apex

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jb54 View Post
Bada Bing!
L8Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 03:53 PM   #23
wilbur_xmas

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE
Every time I have been pulled over has been at least partially dumb:

1. Midnight on Memorial Day weekend in Hollister coming back from an ex's house. I know it was a DUI check, you know it was a DUI check, but after verifying I wasn't drunk (I was truthful about the 2 beers I had earlier in the day at the Cali Roots reggae festival in Monterey) they tried to find other things to ticket me on and had to settle for a missing front plate fix-it ticket. I put the plate on later that week and went to the PD in Menlo Park where they charged me $15 to sign off on the fix and to add insult to injury half the cars in the lot, which was the employee lot for the Police department, had no front plates.

2. On a slow (650 Kawasaki Versys) touring motorcycle the day after Thanksgiving with my now fiancee on the back. Returning home on a country road with no speed posting meaning the speed limit is 55. Stuck behind a line of 5 cars, the leader of which had just passed two turnouts and was holding their speed between 20-25 mph. I know the road and there is an uphill straight coming up and is the last chance to pass for about 10 miles. We get to the straightaway, shift to 2nd and pin that poor little V-Twin and cross the double yellow. As I pass the lead car a Sheriff comes around the bend at the end of the straight. Lights on and he hits the dirt shoulder to swing around for a U-Turn. By the time he catches up I am already parked at the next turnout with my helmet and bike off. He is very nice and asks for my license, I offer to get my insurance and reg out from under the seat but he declines since I "look like a nice guy". He seems apologetic for pulling me over and claims that they do give out tickets for cars not using the turnouts (legally you are supposed to with 5 or more vehicles behind you), but still gives me a ticket for crossing the double yellow. $100 and 40 minutes for online traffic school (open all the chapters in a new tab, skip to test, and just run a search in each tab for each test question) to get that off my record sure beat the 8 hour in person class.

3. On a motorcycle again, riding through downtown and a motor officer filters up behind me and lights me up when the light turned green. He claimed they received a grant to enforce (profile) high risk riders and I met that demographic. Not sure what demographic he thought I met since I was covered head to toe in gear, but I'm certain he didn't mean mid-30s Systems Engineers with clean driving records and hundreds of thousands of miles of riding experience. He claimed I was speeding while splitting, which I disputed since I was only filtering through stopped traffic (legal in Cali). He also threatened to cite me since he "could tell I had aftermarket turn signals from 2 blocks away", but I consider that a safety improvement over stock. Let off with a warning, as annoyed as I was at being profiled and accused of violations I didn't do I didn't make much fuss since he could have got me for the turn signals and the non-compliant exhaust.
wilbur_xmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 05:39 PM   #24
NYJets12

Drives: 2018 1LT Camaro
Got pulled over by state police in the late 70’s because I had a license plate holder on and he couldn’t see all of my registration sticker.
My brother got stopped in a small town for running a stop sign the cop told him he only stopped for 7 seconds instead of the 12 seconds required by law.
The small towns around me you’ll get stopped for going over the speed limit by 1mph.
Old 06-12-2020, 06:25 PM   #25
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
got pulled going 125 in a 55 in my old pontiac tempest hotrod...by 3 cop cars.3 a.m. in the morning and on my way to work,just wanted a little fun on the way in.looked way behind me in the mirror and there they were.slowed to 55,buckled the seat belt and just waited.after they checked to see if i was unarmed and put away their guns one asked me why i didnt try to run.(this was around the year 2000,cop cars were not that fast and i probably could have gotten away)i said"i watch the TV show cops,ive seen what happens to people that run"he laughed and told me to be more careful in the future and let me go,but it kind of ruined high speeds for me.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 07:45 PM   #26
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
I got pulled over for yelling in my car (with the windows up) at the car in front of me almost getting into another accident by making a u-turn on a curve while a cop was half assed directing him out of the first accident scene..

He ended up writting me up 4 separate tickets. Went to court and he never showed.
Old 06-12-2020, 07:52 PM   #27
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJangle View Post
My wife got pulled over and received a ticket for doing 28 in a 25. She was so pissed. This was about 5 years ago. So, she was about 45. The one and only ticket she's ever gotten in her life.

I received a ticket years ago in my RX-8 and I literally couldn't believe it. I got over into the left hand turning lane at a traffic light too soon. I drove thru the yellow hashed lines to get over into the turning lane. After I turned left with the green arrow, a cop pulls me over and tickets me for illegal passing. I asked if he was going to ticket the 20 people in front of me for doing the same thing. He simply stated "no" and gave me the ticket. It was for like $200. I've never driven thru the yellow hashed lines since.
OH MAN!!! Classic you say this...we have a turn lane like you are describing and because of the "threat of ticket" I block the lane with my blinker on, For-and-aft cameras rolling.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 08:02 PM   #28
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
I got pulled over for yelling in my car (with the windows up) at the car in front of me almost getting into another accident by making a u-turn on a curve while a cop was half assed directing him out of the first accident scene..

He ended up writting me up 4 separate tickets. Went to court and he never showed.
For yelling in your own car with the windows up..... Wtf. Then 4 separate tickets. This is why I made this thread. Because it's not funny that anyone gets pulled over, but the stories can be comical because of how stupid the reason for the officer pulling us over. That's crazy.

Another thing, this happened to an ex girlfriend of mine, was that the officer said she made a "suspicious right turn at a green light", she did nothing at all suspicious or strange. He then called a K9 unit to search her car for drugs. Found nothing of course, then let her go, no ticket, just a verbal warning for doing something legal.