Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-02-2018, 10:41 PM   #57
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Mosaic black looks awesome. Good choice on the hood.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:46 PM   #58
paleon

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
I’ve already got the satin black trim theme going on, so I might actually just do that. Splitter is the stock 1LE style in satin, along with the front lip area below the grille wrapped satin too. Wheels are silver though.

In addition, wrapping it would be much more cost effective than painting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyefixstuff View Post
I was going to do the hood satin black. But if I did that I would also do the spoiler satin as well. I think your car would look pretty badass if you have a couple other pieces that were also black. Somewhere a while ago I saw a silver one with black hood, wheels, spoiler, front splitter and it looked nasty.
paleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 07:40 AM   #59
SSinVA

Drives: 2016 SS (soon)
I ordered this hood. I am going to either have it wrapped or painted to match my 1LE satin hood.
SSinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:31 AM   #60
Eyefixstuff

Drives: 16’ 2SS A8 HBM Procharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSinVA View Post
I ordered this hood. I am going to either have it wrapped or painted to match my 1LE satin hood.
Be sure to post pictures. I think you’ll be pleased with it!
Old 03-03-2018, 01:44 PM   #61
SSinVA

I will. I’m looking forward to seeing it
Old 03-14-2018, 08:04 AM   #62
SSinVA

Finally getting mine delivered today. Test fit then off for a Matte black wrap.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:25 AM   #63
SK GT

Drives: 18 Colorado ZR2, 17 1LE(sold)
That looks great. I think the gaps are damn near perfect. The ones shown on another thread of a carbon hood were huge, for me at least.
SK GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 05:34 PM   #64
paleon

Quote:
Finally getting mine delivered today. Test fit then off for a Matte black wrap.
Let us know how it goes! I'm curious to know how water channel management is for the hood (the rear vents), for when it rains/car washes too.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:34 PM   #65
SSinVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleon View Post
Let us know how it goes! I'm curious to know how water channel management is for the hood (the rear vents), for when it rains/car washes too.
Didn’t get but a quick look at it and I had no time to test fit but the finish looks fantastic. I don’t think it will need any prep work for the wrap.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:24 PM   #66
paleon

Quote:
Didn’t get but a quick look at it and I had no time to test fit but the finish looks fantastic. I don’t think it will need any prep work for the wrap.
Is the hood material white as in the pictures? I've always wondered if the underside white color would show (through the vents) if the top part was only wrapped.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:54 PM   #67
SSinVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleon View Post
Is the hood material white as in the pictures? I've always wondered if the underside white color would show (through the vents) if the top part was only wrapped.
The hood is white. I believe the fiberglass directly under the vents is black so shouldn’t be an issue. I will check tomorrow when I can get a closer look.
Old 03-15-2018, 12:08 PM   #68
SSinVA

Well I got the hood on - sort of. Everything attached fine but when I tried to close the hood it would not go down fully. The striker didn’t want to seem to push the latch mechanism on the car. Well for some stupid reason I tried one more time with a little extra force and the hood closed fully. Only problem is now it won’t release... from what I can tell it almost looks like the striker is a little too big and wedged itself down in. I’m not sure what I can do except to try to take a long screwdriver through the upper grill assembly beside the bow tie and try to pry it loose.
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2018, 12:15 PM   #69
Eyefixstuff

Drives: 16’ 2SS A8 HBM Procharged
Quote:
Well I got the hood on - sort of. Everything attached fine but when I tried to close the hood it would not go down fully. The striker didn’t want to seem to push the latch mechanism on the car. Well for some stupid reason I tried one more time with a little extra force and the hood closed fully. Only problem is now it won’t release... from what I can tell it almost looks like the striker is a little too big and wedged itself down in. I’m not sure what I can do except to try to take a long screwdriver through the upper grill assembly beside the bow tie and try to pry it loose.
I had to adjust mine too. It adjusts easily, but I did mine before pushing it down too hard. Now it shuts perfectly right and flush. If you have someone push down on the front while you pull the release, I’m willing to bet it will open.
Old 03-15-2018, 12:34 PM   #70
SSinVA

I was able to gently pry the hood open with a screwdriver I measured the striker length as is to the OEM and they seem the same. The only difference seems to be the new striker is slightly thicker. Did you have to lengthen or shorten yours?? Thanks!