Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 04-01-2017, 03:08 PM   #1
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Trunk won't close - now it won't open

Well, mine was in storage in my garage for 5 months. I took it out last weekend, and basically gave it a good cleaning. Went to close the trunk and it would not close?????? I gently pushed the trunk lid down (holding it down), and clicked the remote and it closed..........

Well, now it will NOT open at all, and my gauges indicate the trunk is open....... GGGrrrrrrr...........

Car is going to Dealer Monday for some other small issues (burned out LED's), so hopefully they will resolve this issue.
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 03:38 PM   #2
Wheel Team 6

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Trunk won't close or release

Have dealer adjust it. They're snug. If the bump stops are a little too tight it will happen. Mine did that took to the stealership and they fixed it. Hasn't done it since.
Old 04-01-2017, 03:51 PM   #3
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Push trunk lid down down and re hit the button. It should open. Mine does this occasionally. I always get it open.
Old 04-01-2017, 04:46 PM   #4
camaromike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan1LTRS View Post
Push trunk lid down down and re hit the button. It should open. Mine does this occasionally. I always get it open.
Tried that about a dozen times this afternoon...... No go, but thanks for the response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheel Team 6 View Post
Have dealer adjust it. They're snug. If the bump stops are a little too tight it will happen. Mine did that took to the stealership and they fixed it. Hasn't done it since.
Thanks. I am hoping it is a simple fix. It's headed to the Dealer Monday for a few other things, so will have them look at it then. Thanks!
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
Old 04-01-2017, 05:42 PM   #5
HyperBlue16

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS
Fold seat down and pull the release?
HyperBlue16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:51 PM   #6
camaromike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlue16 View Post
Fold seat down and pull the release?
I was going to, but I had just loaded my Borla exhaust in the back seat - to be installed Monday morning......... To lazy to take it back out and re-load it again... ....... The Dealer can "go for it" after the exhaust is installed. And replace my burned out drivers side LED driving lights........And replace my center hood stripe.....
Old 04-01-2017, 06:45 PM   #7
Gunmetalmissle

Drives: 16 ngm ss
The emergency pull handle can get caught on something and this will prevent the trunk from opening. Is it possible the borla box or something is interfering with the handle?
Gunmetalmissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 06:52 PM   #8
camaromike77

The Borla exhaust has been removed from the box, and is in pieces, sitting on a blanket in the back seat.

Also, not sure if the back seat will fold down, as it is a convertible........

Just hope nothing is too screwed up, and it is a simple fix for my Dealer......
Old 04-04-2017, 02:12 PM   #9
camaromike77

Well, took my car to the Dealer yesterday for several issues.........

I am a real dumb a$$ After I installed my new third brake light, I replaced the trunk "liner" with the 7 plastic push pins. Apparently, the ONE push pin caught the "trunk release" wire, and was preventing the trunk from closing......... How embarrassing....... They didn't charge me, but did have a good "chuckle" over it.......

While it was there, I had my Borla exhaust installed, black bow ties, and the Drivers side front LED was burned out, and was replaced.......It was then sent to the Body Shop to have the center stripe replaced due to 2 "flaws". Unfortunately, the new stripe did not match in color, and another one was ordered this afternoon.....

So, the trunk was 100% my error, and was a simple 2-minute "fix".......
Old 04-04-2017, 03:36 PM   #10
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromike77 View Post
Well, took my car to the Dealer yesterday for several issues.........

I am a real dumb a$$ After I installed my new third brake light, I replaced the trunk "liner" with the 7 plastic push pins. Apparently, the ONE push pin caught the "trunk release" wire, and was preventing the trunk from closing......... How embarrassing....... They didn't charge me, but did have a good "chuckle" over it.......

While it was there, I had my Borla exhaust installed, black bow ties, and the Drivers side front LED was burned out, and was replaced.......It was then sent to the Body Shop to have the center stripe replaced due to 2 "flaws". Unfortunately, the new stripe did not match in color, and another one was ordered this afternoon.....

So, the trunk was 100% my error, and was a simple 2-minute "fix".......
That explains why what i told you didn't work. Im glad its working. We've ALL done things we are like Glad she's fixed except the stripe.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:17 PM   #11
camaromike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetalmissle View Post
The emergency pull handle can get caught on something and this will prevent the trunk from opening. Is it possible the borla box or something is interfering with the handle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan1LTRS View Post
That explains why what i told you didn't work. Im glad its working. We've ALL done things we are like Glad she's fixed except the stripe.
Yup. You were both right......... Thanks very much.