Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 05-04-2016, 12:04 AM   #15
misterjaayy

Drives: 2019 CTS-V
Its normal. Mine has quieted down and smoothed out a bit the more I drive it. Probably a combination of things breaking in and learning the ins and outs of this particular clutch.

This issue is discussed in more depth here:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...ghlight=clutch
misterjaayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 02:46 AM   #16
neotrix808

Drives: V6 2013 2LT RS
clutch rattle

Bought a 2013 V6 manual tran with about 21k miles on it. I didn't notice the clutch rattle for a few weeks, mainly cause I was just learning to drive a manual. Been in several manual cars before, never noticed rattling noises like this before. Also took it back to the dealer for that and the hissing noise, that I diagnosed from this forum as well...very helpful!

They gave me the stupid 6 page document saying that it's normal. Very embarrassing. Any one know of a way to minimize the noise? Seems to be worse after coming back from the dealer. Before it was only when I pressed the clutch to go from 1st to neutral, going really slow. Now I think I hear it then and sometimes going slow from 1st to 2nd.

I go to Ron Baker in San Diego...they kept the car for 4 days saying that they ordered a part. Then called me on the last day and said..OOPS! We ordered auto transmission parts. Yours is fine! Sorry! Idiots.
neotrix808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 02:11 PM   #17
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by neotrix808 View Post
Bought a 2013 V6 manual tran with about 21k miles on it. I didn't notice the clutch rattle for a few weeks, mainly cause I was just learning to drive a manual. Been in several manual cars before, never noticed rattling noises like this before. Also took it back to the dealer for that and the hissing noise, that I diagnosed from this forum as well...very helpful!

They gave me the stupid 6 page document saying that it's normal. Very embarrassing. Any one know of a way to minimize the noise? Seems to be worse after coming back from the dealer. Before it was only when I pressed the clutch to go from 1st to neutral, going really slow. Now I think I hear it then and sometimes going slow from 1st to 2nd.

I go to Ron Baker in San Diego...they kept the car for 4 days saying that they ordered a part. Then called me on the last day and said..OOPS! We ordered auto transmission parts. Yours is fine! Sorry! Idiots.
Hey neotrix808,

We regret to learn of the clutch rattle you have been experiencing with your Camaro. We can imagine how displeasing this must be and do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Although we are unable to guarantee a specific outcome, we can recommend having your vehicle diagnosed at an alternate dealership for a second opinion. If this is of interest to you, please let us know. We are happy to locate another dealer in your area.

Best,

Erica W.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 01-19-2017, 02:17 PM   #18
GirlyNFG

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6 w/ NPP
My stock clutch held for 15k miles. It is a decent design. IMO the side effect is some noise...

I replaced it with the RXT, but had issues with it not disengaging completely. MCleod didn't want to help me (Besides having a mustang shop R&R it) or me paying to pull it a second time. They didn't even know we have a twin disc clutch... crazy. That clutch DID hold every ounce of HP I threw at it though.

Now I have the DYAD and it rattles a little at idle but other wise it is much nicer feeling than the RXT. Hopefully, it will also hold the power as i need it to.
28"x10.5" MT ET Drag 28"x4.5" M&H fronts
PB: 9.569 @ 151.05
GirlyNFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:10 PM   #19
Centerforce_Clutches

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyNFG View Post
My stock clutch held for 15k miles. It is a decent design. IMO the side effect is some noise...

I replaced it with the RXT, but had issues with it not disengaging completely. MCleod didn't want to help me (Besides having a mustang shop R&R it) or me paying to pull it a second time. They didn't even know we have a twin disc clutch... crazy. That clutch DID hold every ounce of HP I threw at it though.

Now I have the DYAD and it rattles a little at idle but other wise it is much nicer feeling than the RXT. Hopefully, it will also hold the power as i need it to.
The DYAD should have no issue holding your power level and more! When was it first installed? Our floating disc design usually eliminates all of the chatter you typically get with most aftermarket twin-plate clutches.
Centerforce_Clutches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:06 PM   #20
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkReaper View Post
I'm not sure if it's the clutch or not but when going really slow, maybe 5mph then pressing the clutch, there is a metallic rattle coming from somewhere. I'm not sure when I will take it in but I will soon.
Sounds like Common clutch chatter, lots of sticks do it. My 5th gen, my 6th Gen. A mustang I test drove did it.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote