Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 11-02-2016, 01:11 PM   #43
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Yes and yes again!!!!!!,!
Old 11-02-2016, 01:16 PM   #44
Rudy_1SS

Drives: 2017 Camero 1SS. White, NPP, Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
Y'all stop playing around get the secondary cat delete. YOU won't regret it would I do it again and then again afterwards hell yeah, do you have to worry about the emissions hell no that's only if you remove the primary cats. The pops and gurgles are twice as loud.....get er done guys!!!!!
I love me some pops and gurgles ! Ima head to the shop later this week, I like how the NPP sounds but it could stand to be louder
Rudy_1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 01:37 PM   #45
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Yes and yes again!!!!!!,!
Sound clips?!
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 05:30 PM   #46
srossi5

Drives: White 2016 camaro ss M6 npp
The sound is a 100% better imo worth the 200 bucks and i would do it again i cant justify spending almost 1500 on a new exhaust.
srossi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 05:32 PM   #47
srossi5

Drives: White 2016 camaro ss M6 npp
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_zQR0oF_MMo Sound clip
srossi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:38 PM   #48
Rudy_1SS

Drives: 2017 Camero 1SS. White, NPP, Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by srossi5 View Post
Sounds good I'll see if I can get it done this weekend and I'll post a video
Thanks for the link
Rudy_1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 07:18 AM   #49
2SSmurf

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymsu View Post
QTP has a kit specifically for 2016 Camaros
http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/500116/index.php
Their pre-selected location is right before the mufflers on our cars.

This is one of the system I'm interested in as well, but I'm concerned about winter driving - they recommend I take the cutouts off for harsh climate driving, and they seem to provide plate to block it off. I just don't know how easy/hard it would be to take them off every winter, without having lift.
I guess I didn't realize winter was a concern... it's welded in I think, so that's not feasible to remove. Why does winter matter? Salt getting into the pipes? I guess since winter is coming and it's in a different location than the secondary cats, I'll just do this mod later...

Quote:
Y'all stop playing around get the secondary cat delete. YOU won't regret it would I do it again and then again afterwards hell yeah, do you have to worry about the emissions hell no that's only if you remove the primary cats. The pops and gurgles are twice as loud.....get er done guys!!!!!
Haha this is by far the most convincing post about secondary cat delete

Another super noob question - what's the point of an X-pipe replacing the secondary cats? I'm assuming I should order one for the exhaust shop rather than hope they have some shop pipe laying around? lol...
2SSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 07:40 AM   #50
meilmarc

Drives: 2016 2SS, HBM, NPP, Sun Roof
Spent 80 bucks to get mine removed and was well worth it.
meilmarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 09:13 AM   #51
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
I have to say, some of the pics I've seen look a little bit of a sketchy job. The pipe size looks smaller or angled wrong. If I were to get this done I would expect the shop to use the same diameter pipe as the stock exhaust, but use an expansion tool to flare out both ends and then slip them OVER the outside of the factory pipes. This would keep the flow straight, look better, and keep and welds/slag from being in the exhaust stream. Maybe I'm just OCD, but I know exactly how I would instruct the shop to do the work. Hope my babble makes sense lol.
Megahurtz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 09:35 AM   #52
jaymsu
Yeti's Daddy

Drives: ATS-V, Prowler, M6 V10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSmurf View Post
I guess I didn't realize winter was a concern... it's welded in I think, so that's not feasible to remove. Why does winter matter? Salt getting into the pipes? I guess since winter is coming and it's in a different location than the secondary cats, I'll just do this mod later...
Winter matters not because of the pipe but because of the cutout valve itself. They are not built / tested to OEM durability specs. The motor/wire/flap can fail with salt/snow/ice thrown at them and freeze repeatedly.

The actual cutout valve portion will be bolted on to the pipe, so I think what QTP is saying is 'unbolt those off the car, and put a cover on to cover the hole during winter'. I sent a message to QTP to confirm my understanding but didn't get any feedback. I do like the sound of QTP on my Prowler, but that thing will never see any cold weather. My Camaro is different story....

Also as for the location, secondary cat location seems bit tight for the e-cutout to be mounted, so if were to do cutout, I'll go with their recommended pre-select location.
3000: 9/04/15 <TPW:10/19/15>
3800: 10/19/15 <VIN: 117740>
6000: 12/16/15
jaymsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 09:37 AM   #53
jaymsu
Yeti's Daddy

Drives: ATS-V, Prowler, M6 V10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
I have to say, some of the pics I've seen look a little bit of a sketchy job. The pipe size looks smaller or angled wrong. If I were to get this done I would expect the shop to use the same diameter pipe as the stock exhaust, but use an expansion tool to flare out both ends and then slip them OVER the outside of the factory pipes. This would keep the flow straight, look better, and keep and welds/slag from being in the exhaust stream. Maybe I'm just OCD, but I know exactly how I would instruct the shop to do the work. Hope my babble makes sense lol.
Actually, I think that's a good point. However, it would be harder (not saying impossible... just harder) to find a shop that will do what you mentioned above, and price of this 'cheap mod' may go up a bit.
3000: 9/04/15 <TPW:10/19/15>
3800: 10/19/15 <VIN: 117740>
6000: 12/16/15
jaymsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 10:40 AM   #54
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Quote:
Actually, I think that's a good point. However, it would be harder (not saying impossible... just harder) to find a shop that will do what you mentioned above, and price of this 'cheap mod' may go up a bit.
Personally I think $150 to do it my way would be a fair price. It's less than $25 in parts to the shop and maybe one hour of labor at $65/hour. (The exhaust techs don't even make half of that). I might actually go get mine done soon so I'll post up pics of how I did mine.
Megahurtz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 11:35 AM   #55
2SSmurf

Quote:
Winter matters not because of the pipe but because of the cutout valve itself. They are not built / tested to OEM durability specs. The motor/wire/flap can fail with salt/snow/ice thrown at them and freeze repeatedly.

The actual cutout valve portion will be bolted on to the pipe, so I think what QTP is saying is 'unbolt those off the car, and put a cover on to cover the hole during winter'. I sent a message to QTP to confirm my understanding but didn't get any feedback. I do like the sound of QTP on my Prowler, but that thing will never see any cold weather. My Camaro is different story....

Also as for the location, secondary cat location seems bit tight for the e-cutout to be mounted, so if were to do cutout, I'll go with their recommended pre-select location.
Hmm, if that's the case, that would be easy maintenance. I could just do that whenever I throw on the snows.
Old 11-03-2016, 11:57 AM   #56
2SSmurf

Anyone know if the AFM valves are important...?

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454705