Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-24-2016, 05:58 PM   #1
GM Lifer

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS in Red Hot
Ergonomics: Where's Your Right Elbow Rest?

I'm a little surprised to discover that my right elbow actually rests on top of my cup holders, past the center glove box pad. I'm a little larger than some; not as large as others. Still, from online Camaro brochures and the like, I'd kinda expected my elbow to hit that pad. It's not a bad thing (as I wore a hole in the pad on my last car), but it just came as a surprise. How about everyone else?
Attached Images

GM Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 07:26 PM   #2
Jeremeymt

Drives: 2018 Hot Wheels 2LT
I rest mine on the glove box pad but unfortunately its not very comfortable. It needs more padding.
Jeremeymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 03:50 PM   #3
pjz1082

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Lifer View Post
I'm a little surprised to discover that my right elbow actually rests on top of my cup holders, past the center glove box pad. I'm a little larger than some; not as large as others. Still, from online Camaro brochures and the like, I'd kinda expected my elbow to hit that pad. It's not a bad thing (as I wore a hole in the pad on my last car), but it just came as a surprise. How about everyone else?
Mine rests in the same place and I think it's actually by design. I think with the older gens, people were always destroying the center console lid. This might be a clear redesign to eliminate that from happening. But that's just a guess.
pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 11:14 PM   #4
6th Gen SS
LT-Won!

Drives: USB ISF 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremeymt View Post
I rest mine on the glove box pad but unfortunately its not very comfortable. It needs more padding.
Glove box.

6th Gen SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 01:40 PM   #5
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Lifer View Post
how do you think every passenger feels? They have no arm rest at all, and if you really want to piss your passenger off, put a drink bottle in one of the holes.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 01:56 PM   #6
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
how do you think every passenger feels? They have no arm rest at all, and if you really want to piss your passenger off, put a drink bottle in one of the holes.
The latest generation of the Lexus IS is designed the same way. The cupholders are located where the passenger arm rest should be.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 02:09 PM   #7
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
I think this is the difference between short and tall drivers only. I am 6'3" and my arm fits perfect on the arm rest. Although there is not enough padding and that is a different conversation.

This conversation exists some where and on the 5th gen they had cup holder pads that extended the arm rest for shorter people. Might want to look into that or have one made even.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 03:17 PM   #8
MGD

Drives: 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th Gen SS View Post
Glove box.

I'm sure me meant console lid.
Old 06-02-2016, 03:56 PM   #9
cwl011

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
My arm is half on and half off the console lid and if there is a cup in the one holder it throws me off when shifting, I tend to flip my wrist to get 5th and 6th.
cwl011 is offline   Reply With Quote