Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 08-29-2021, 06:34 AM   #15
Chrome383Z

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
I have the CSP headers got them over the summer and no issues. Sucks you got a bad one, technically it’s a stainless works problem…. but I’d contact CSP and see what they would do. However looks like you spent some coin and had a nice coating put on it. That might make things a little more difficult.
Old 08-29-2021, 07:15 AM   #16
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Crap happens. Since we don't know which brand I guess we should just all keep an open eye. Particularly when bolting them up. the thing is that a lot of us are looking for complete street performance from our Camaros. So buying headers is always gonna potentially have some issues.

Cosmetically they might look nice. So just be sure to check fitment regardless of the brand. Perhaps it would be a good idea to always check in general.

Casually looking them over is always a good idea. Sure you might think they're fine because they are a well know company. Popular companies do have issues too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Old 08-29-2021, 09:01 AM   #17
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
You could just block sand the flange with a long sanding block and some 80 then 120 grit. Then check it with a straight edge.

It shouldn't have come from CSP like that but you should be able to correct it pretty quickly.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 09:50 AM   #18
Revalot

Drives: ZL1/1LE parts added
Location: Somewhere around Texas pines tress and smooth asphalt
I was wondering how long it would take to figure out, a search button on past post go's a long way.
Revalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 10:25 AM   #19
swisstyphoon
Former GM Technician

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10, 06 Silverado Duramax
My BBK's were pretty bad also. The machine shop hat to shave off quite a bit to make them straight.
Rotofab Big Gulp, Nick Williams 103, Magnuson 2650, 9.17" (14%) lower, 90mm upper, Vengeance Racing Heads (LME) Cam Package (Cammotion Stage 1), Johnson Lifters, JMS Voltage Booster, Lingenfelter high flow check valve, BBK shorty headers, Custom 2.75" down pipes, Gesi Gen2 high flow cats, MM catch can 791whp, 772ft-lbs SAE
Just added 30% XDI Injectors, LPE big bore hpfp, Flex fuel.
Elite tuning, results coming soon.

2006 Silverado Duramax Diesel
MPI Compound Turbo
40% over Injectors
Efi Live DSP5 Tuning

Follow me on Instagram: Swisstyphoon1980
swisstyphoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 04:52 PM   #20
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by swisstyphoon View Post
My BBK's were pretty bad also. The machine shop hat to shave off quite a bit to make them straight.
Thinking this is the best route, that way I'm not trying to correct it with a gasket. Like I said hope this saves someone else a headache.
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 08:21 AM   #21
CompleteStreet

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evansa22 View Post
Thinking this is the best route, that way I'm not trying to correct it with a gasket. Like I said hope this saves someone else a headache.
They are under warranty as long as you are the original owner.

We had a bad batch come in and stopped shipment due to an issue with a primary not fitting properly and have been waiting for them to be repaired - but with material shortage it's been a delay. Next batch is due in a few weeks, just waiting on the 1700 HP cats to come in. Anyone who may have run into that issue, as it's just really close which may or may not hit, can have theirs fixed at no cost as well.

This flange issue seems separate, but I will tell you it's covered.

Unfortunately, and not to make excuses, but rather give an explanation, manufacturers have had to train quite a bit of new people. I have addressed all these issues with them and their QC department letting it get by and am happy to report you can even go direct to Stainless Works to have your CSP header fixed if you don't want us to set it up.

Please reach out to us if there are any issues. That way we can address them.

Andrew
CompleteStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 08:56 AM   #22
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompleteStreet View Post

We had a bad batch come in and stopped shipment due to an issue with a primary not fitting properly and have been waiting for them to be repaired - but with material shortage it's been a delay. Next batch is due in a few weeks, just waiting on the 1700 HP cats to come in. Anyone who may have run into that issue, as it's just really close which may or may not hit, can have theirs fixed at no cost as well.

Unfortunately, and not to make excuses, but rather give an explanation, manufacturers have had to train quite a bit of new people. I have addressed all these issues with them and their QC department letting it get by and am happy to report you can even go direct to Stainless Works to have your CSP header fixed if you don't want us to set it up.

Andrew
Stand up company that backs what they sell.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 10:51 AM   #23
Revalot

Drives: ZL1/1LE parts added
Location: Somewhere around Texas pines tress and smooth asphalt
Bravo !
Revalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 11:43 AM   #24
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
For what it's worth, I've only bought one Stainless Works product, a set of off-road pipes for my Hellcat, they didn't fit, looks like the jig was off and one of the pipes was touching my trans brace. Contacted Stainless Works about it and they told me they would investigate and get back to me. Weeks went by and nothing, I contacted them again and they told me they would correct the issue on future batches. I asked if I could send the pipes back for a replacements. I felt I was owed that for identifying a defect on their part. They never responded back. That was the last Stainless Works product I bought from them.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 07:50 PM   #25
Evansa22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompleteStreet View Post

Andrew
Thanks, I am the original owner and have sent an email to you guys. Just awaiting reply, thanks
Old 09-02-2021, 06:32 AM   #26
FoundNemo

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Buddy's set wasnt warped but the passenger side collector area barely rubs the aluminum crossbrace under throttle. Will take a picture next time we have it on a lift. Also melted the plastic on his steering shaft cover despite the Jet Hot coating. Wrapped it in DEI cool tape and wrapped the passenger side lower harness too to prevent issues.
FoundNemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 07:47 AM   #27
Evansa22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoundNemo View Post
Buddy's set wasnt warped but the passenger side collector area barely rubs the aluminum crossbrace under throttle. Will take a picture next time we have it on a lift. Also melted the plastic on his steering shaft cover despite the Jet Hot coating. Wrapped it in DEI cool tape and wrapped the passenger side lower harness too to prevent issues.
I'll look out for the cross brace rubbing. Wrapped the heck out of anything anywhere in the vicinity of the headers with that DEI and moved the harness on the passenger side behind the coolant resevoir. Some good write ups on here as well as videos on YouTube which were a big help with this. Headers aren't jethot coated but had cerakote applied, hopefully that helps
Old 09-02-2021, 08:46 AM   #28
alssiri

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
I have LG headers & they are leaking & touching the brace like crazy 🤪
I ordered a set of Dynatech 2" hoping they will fit great.

Ahmad
2012 ZL1 A6 (SOLD)
Forged 376 CI, LSA HeartBeat, Mast Medium Bore Heads & JDP ZLR Cam, ARH LT , MagnaFlow Resonated X + Borla Atak Catback, ADM 102mm Snout, CAI, NW102MM TB, ID850, Fore Triple Fuel Pump, MSD Wire's, Moroso CC.
Alky Control, FIICHILLER.
alssiri is offline   Reply With Quote