Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 04-08-2019, 05:41 PM   #1
Dvs510

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS/1LE
Mbrp axle back....?

Anybody have or had mbrp race axle back? Just wondering if it’s any louder then npp track mode
Dvs510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 06:14 PM   #2
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
It's louder. The race axle back is literally a muffler delete with what looks to be a Helmholtz section.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 06:50 PM   #3
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvs510 View Post
Anybody have or had mbrp race axle back? Just wondering if it’s any louder then npp track mode
Will be considerably louder and as said above it's basically a muffler delete with a resonator to control drone. I recommend MBRP stuff from my Mustang but in this case was going to be too loud.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 06:59 PM   #4
Dvs510

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post
Will be considerably louder and as said above it's basically a muffler delete with a resonator to control drone. I recommend MBRP stuff from my Mustang but in this case was going to be too loud.
Thanks for the feedback.. I figured it would b a lil louder but wanted to get info if anyone knew if it was significantly louder than npp track mode. People keep thinking npp open means it’s straight pipe but It still loses some through the muffler because of the baffles... I don’t want to waste my money if it isn’t notibly louder, but also live in California so cant go too loud.. thought I would start off with mbrp race axle back and then if I think can go louder I move up to mid pipes... anyways thanks again for the info
Old 04-08-2019, 07:05 PM   #5
GreatWhiteLT

Drives: 2016 Silver Ice Metallic SS
I have the MBRP axle back, while driving its WOT or even just cruising there is 0 drone. When you get on it though it sounds amazing in my opinion. I'll be adding E85 and TSP 1 7/8th headers next month so it'll definitely be loud. If you want I can get some sound clips
GreatWhiteLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 07:12 PM   #6
Dvs510

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteLT View Post
I have the MBRP axle back, while driving its WOT or even just cruising there is 0 drone. When you get on it though it sounds amazing in my opinion. I'll be adding E85 and TSP 1 7/8th headers next month so it'll definitely be loud. If you want I can get some sound clips
It’s kinda hard to judge actual sound level through videos. I’ve been able to watch enough videos to know I like the sound, but how loud it actualy would b in person is the hard part... did you have npp before? If so, is the mbrp noticeably a good amount louder than when in trackmode on stock
Old 04-08-2019, 10:39 PM   #7
HyperBlue#1

Drives: Hyper blue 1ss
Quote:
It’s kinda hard to judge actual sound level through videos. I’ve been able to watch enough videos to know I like the sound, but how loud it actualy would b in person is the hard part... did you have npp before? If so, is the mbrp noticeably a good amount louder than when in trackmode on stock
Agreed, I’ve got the cat back race series. Sounds amazing and after you get headers + Cat delete if you choose that route it’s insanely loud. The cat back is the same price if not cheaper when I looked. If you ever get under your car you’ll a lot of the piping is clamped down restricting a lot of air flow. I’d suggest the cat back personally
HyperBlue#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 11:13 PM   #8
Dvs510

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlue#1 View Post
Agreed, I’ve got the cat back race series. Sounds amazing and after you get headers + Cat delete if you choose that route it’s insanely loud. The cat back is the same price if not cheaper when I looked. If you ever get under your car you’ll a lot of the piping is clamped down restricting a lot of air flow. I’d suggest the cat back personally
My only problem is living in Bay Area California.. if I go too loud I take chance of non fix it ticket.. so I thought I would do the axle back first, if that wasn’t too loud then I would do the rest of cat back... I’m just tryn to confirm if just the axle back alone is any good amount louder than track mode on stock
Old 04-09-2019, 02:56 PM   #9
TRich2SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Summit White
Quote:
My only problem is living in Bay Area California.. if I go too loud I take chance of non fix it ticket.. so I thought I would do the axle back first, if that wasn’t too loud then I would do the rest of cat back... I’m just tryn to confirm if just the axle back alone is any good amount louder than track mode on stock
Lol I just got the race MBRP I hope I didn't go too far. I also have Kooks 1 7\8 LT with catless midpipes. O well, YOLO.
TRich2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 03:28 PM   #10
GreatWhiteLT

My car did not come with the NPP, my father has NPP on his and with his valves on and us driving next to each other you can't hear his car over mine. I would say it's definitely louder than the stock NPP on track mode. Once I get the headers installed I know it'll definitely be a lot louder.
Old 04-09-2019, 04:18 PM   #11
Dvs510

Quote:
My car did not come with the NPP, my father has NPP on his and with his valves on and us driving next to each other you can't hear his car over mine. I would say it's definitely louder than the stock NPP on track mode. Once I get the headers installed I know it'll definitely be a lot louder.
Thank you.. that’s probly the best scenario possible to answer my question
Old 04-09-2019, 04:22 PM   #12
GreatWhiteLT

Yeah I probably should have started with that. I know videos do not do justice but i can do a start up video side by side as well. If I was in the area i'd show you but were a couple thousand miles apart lol
Old 04-09-2019, 04:24 PM   #13
Dvs510

Quote:
Yeah I probably should have started with that. I know videos do not do justice but i can do a start up video side by side as well. If I was in the area i'd show you but were a couple thousand miles apart lol
Lol, I wish.. that’s just the axle back right?
Old 04-09-2019, 05:06 PM   #14
OneSickTexan

Drives: 2016 2SS A8
I have an A8, would I need a tune for AFM with this exhaust? I've heard they don't sound great with AFM kicks in. I planned on picking these up from local store this week