Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-16-2019, 07:13 PM   #29
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by FH212 View Post
Wow that’s truly amazing. I guess I’m so old school it’s hard for me to fathom spraying on a coating and not having to wax and it work the same way. I definitely want to learn more and do it myself to my Camaro and my Trans Am this spring. This has been very helpful. Thanks!
There’s been a lot of advances in the last couple of years. I’m a big fan of car pro essence and reload. Yes, it’s easier and you don’t have any residue to wipe off and stain your trim. It’s really almost too easy end lasts longer than the old fashion waxes ever did with a lot less work Just did my daily driver last weekend and it looks great.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 05:26 PM   #30
Intimidator

Drives: 69 GTO, 05 GTO, 2018 Silver ZL1
I just finished my son's '18 BRZ and my '18 ZL1 with the Adam's Ceramic Spray.
It was wonderfully easy to use...since it is cool here, I actually did the entire car before wiping down. After initial wipe down I went back over and buffed...the shine and slickness was very evident.
We'll see how long it lasts!
Intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 12:05 PM   #31
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Here's a 3 week update after the car has sat 2 weeks at the airport garage and has been daily driven to work at other times during peak pollen season.

TL/DR: both coatings perform identically. Dirt repellency, rinse-only performance, wash performance, water beading both dirty and clean, and pooling rinse performance is the same.

In the pics of the hood, the Driver's side is Reload and passenger side is Adams Ceramic Spray.

1st pic shows the amount of dust/dirt and pollen on the car (pic is of the sunroof where it's easier to see, harder to see on the silver paint).

2nd pic is the initial rinse of the dirty car, Pollen and dirt pretty much just washed off both sides with a hose rinse.

3rd pic is after a 2 bucket hand wash with a Chemical Guys Chenille wash mitt and Adams Car shampoo.

4th pic is beading performance, hydrophobicity/contact angle for Adams.

5th pic is beading performance, hydrophobicity/contact angle for Reload.
Attached Images

Last edited by Gunkk; 03-30-2019 at 12:15 PM.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 12:18 PM   #32
SSShark

Drives: '23 1SS Sharkskin A10
Nice follow up. From what I'm seeing, and from my own experience, they all kind of perform similarly. I've had Adams for about a month or so. I did a quick rinse off yesterday, also after about a weeks worth of dust, pollen and spots. Most of just fell right off as well. Thank you sir.
SSShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 12:34 PM   #33
Gunkk

And a video of the post-wash rinse performance....

Old 04-06-2019, 08:15 PM   #34
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Turtle Wax wants to play too!

Quote:
Seal N Shine is a hybrid product. It contains ceramic coating properties of a sealant, along with the properties of a spray wax. This will give longer durability and protection than a normal spray wax. You can apply this product 3-4 times a year (or more often if needed). You can use ICE Spray Wax in conjunction with Seal N Shine.
From the Turtle Wax product page.(a response to a review)
Old 04-07-2019, 09:08 AM   #35
Gunkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyeSS View Post
Turtle Wax wants to play too!
Yeah... until I see it in action, I'll call this a ceramic wannabe.

Their marketing claim is that it "contains the properties..." of a ceramic. So not a ceramic but "like one"? But they do state that there is carnuba wax in it.

The only MSDS I could find (without contacting them) is absent anything useful in terms of identifying the chemistry of the product.
https://go.lupinsys.com/duluxgroup/h...NE-AUS_GHS.pdf
It says the product is 100% non-hazardous. It's a water based emulsion spray like everything else on the market. So with nothing to learn from the MSDS, we're left with what we know: it's a water based spray wax that is "like" a ceramic ... but not a ceramic.

Based on this vid and his 3 week follow up after a storm, color me unimpressed. It's not very hydrophobic and doesn't seem to hold up well:
Old 04-07-2019, 08:58 PM   #36
SSShark

Quick question guys. I applied Adam's 9h ceramic spray coating a few weeks ago. Can I apply Carpro HydrO2 Lite Silica as an in between maintenance?
Old 04-07-2019, 11:01 PM   #37
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Watched that 40 min conversation obsessed garage had with Meguiar's at their HQ I think. It was interesting, although it made me wonder why they haven't endorsed diluting it. It's so thick it's hard to spray like they rep says to, it just doesn't come out that well, and he says use it VERY sparingly. So I had half a bottle left and I filled it back up with water, and will try later this week maybe. That should help get the "fine mist" easier.

Last edited by SnakeEyeSS; 04-07-2019 at 11:11 PM.
SnakeEyeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 06:04 AM   #38
Gunkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8minus4 View Post
Quick question guys. I applied Adam's 9h ceramic spray coating a few weeks ago. Can I apply Carpro HydrO2 Lite Silica as an in between maintenance?
Yes. Applying a less durable product on top of a more durable product is normal.

For example I have PPF > Gtechniq Crystal Serum Black > Gtechniq EXO > diluted-Reload on top as a drying aid and QD. Each is less expensive, less durable and easier to apply than the coating beneath it.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:23 AM   #39
SSShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Yes. Applying a less durable product on top of a more durable product is normal.

For example I have PPF > Gtechniq Crystal Serum Black > Gtechniq EXO > diluted-Reload on top as a drying aid and QD. Each is less expensive, less durable and easier to apply than the coating beneath it.
Thanks Gunkk. I don't know if it's just me but I used to have the HydrO2 Lite as a standalone before I applied the Adams, and it seems to me that the HydrO2 actually gave a better shine while having the same hydrophobic properties.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:54 AM   #40
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8minus4 View Post
Thanks Gunkk. I don't know if it's just me but I used to have the HydrO2 Lite as a standalone before I applied the Adams, and it seems to me that the HydrO2 actually gave a better shine while having the same hydrophobic properties.
If you want "shine", polishing before hand of appying anything is going to give you that mirror type shine.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:38 AM   #41
SSShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
If you want "shine", polishing before hand of appying anything is going to give you that mirror type shine.
That's what I was afraid of. I spent hours washing, stripping, claying and prepping. The only thing I didn't do was polish. I think I'll wait a while and do a polish and then reapply.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:54 PM   #42
franksredhot

Drives: 2016 Red Hot Camaro 1SS A8
This is a great thread. I too use my daily drivers as guinea pigs. I have had the longest lasting shine and beading with Meguiars Ultimate Wax, which I believe is a polymer sealant. My daily cars are parked on the streets of NYC and the environment really is a true test of durability of products. I watched the 40 minute video on Obsessed Garage on the Meg's Hybrid Ceramic and it seems easy enough to apply so now I'm going to try that product. I'll let you know how long it lasts.

I also use the polymer on the Camaro that really is a garaged babied weekend car. On the Camaro I do add Collinite 845 on top of that and it definitely does not have the longevity of the polymer.

I'm interested to see a comparison of the Adam's ceramic spray against Meg's hybrid spray.
franksredhot is offline   Reply With Quote