Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-25-2019, 04:32 PM   #1
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
ZL1 M6 Bog..Resolved?

After picking up my car from the dealership, I've noticed that the bog that was ALWAYS there when starting the car from a stop is now gone completely. In fact, I can pretty much try to stall the car now and it's very easy to control the clutch now.

The exhaust also pops a lot more now than before? Maybe this part is in my head, but I'm getting long strings of pops now from the exhaust where before I did not.

Is it possible that there's new software being flashed as part of the dealer inspection? Would I be able to check on this somewhere to verify?

The difference is night and day with the bog being gone, so it's hard for me to believe this is just mental.
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 04:59 PM   #2
wnyzl11le

Drives: 2019 zl1 1le
following.
Old 02-25-2019, 04:59 PM   #3
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1FTY View Post
After picking up my car from the dealership, I've noticed that the bog that was ALWAYS there when starting the car from a stop is now gone completely. In fact, I can pretty much try to stall the car now and it's very easy to control the clutch now.

The exhaust also pops a lot more now than before? Maybe this part is in my head, but I'm getting long strings of pops now from the exhaust where before I did not.

Is it possible that there's new software being flashed as part of the dealer inspection? Would I be able to check on this somewhere to verify?

The difference is night and day with the bog being gone, so it's hard for me to believe this is just mental.
If anything was done, it would be on your work order. What does the work order say?
Old 02-25-2019, 05:09 PM   #4
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
If anything was done, it would be on your work order. What does the work order say?
^^^ Yep.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 05:17 PM   #5
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
There is no info about this that was given to us dealers...So I'm guessing placebo?
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 05:29 PM   #6
F1FTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
"9,000 mile service performed"

The car has 3,050 miles on it so this has been appearing for each fluid change (500, 1500, etc)
Old 02-25-2019, 05:56 PM   #7
F1FTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
There is no info about this that was given to us dealers...So I'm guessing placebo?
It's quite possible that this is a placebo, but I didn't have the car for ~3 months while it sat at the dealership. Could the ECU have cleared itself during that period and maybe a reset did it?

I really don't have answers, just noticing a major improvement in throttle response. I used to have to abuse the clutch slip to start off to drive around the bog and now i can let the clutch out near idle and throttle without anything. it's really odd.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:16 PM   #8
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1FTY View Post
It's quite possible that this is a placebo, but I didn't have the car for ~3 months while it sat at the dealership. Could the ECU have cleared itself during that period and maybe a reset did it?

I really don't have answers, just noticing a major improvement in throttle response. I used to have to abuse the clutch slip to start off to drive around the bog and now i can let the clutch out near idle and throttle without anything. it's really odd.
That's good to know. I will look into it but I don't think there's been any update on it.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 07:15 PM   #9
Revalot

Drives: ZL1/1LE parts added
Location: Somewhere around Texas pines tress and smooth asphalt
Can you check with the dealership and see what a 9000 service includes I know you only have 3000 plus miles, I hope they have fixed it.
Revalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 08:05 PM   #10
F1FTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
That's good to know. I will look into it but I don't think there's been any update on it.
Thank you for checking. This could totally just be a placebo but the exhaust is popping like crazy and I’m not having any trouble with bog anymore even up hill.

Just weird.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:27 PM   #11
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Oh man !!! I can only hope absolution has been found. Even if it’s letting the car sit for 3 months hahaha j/k

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 07:28 AM   #12
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
I hope there’s something to this, should’ve seen me trying to ease mine on the lift and not spit the ramps out from underneath! Lookin like a newb
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 09:39 AM   #13
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
According to "Al" we're just driving it wrong. Yeah sure.

When the just right window is so narrow very few people can hit it all, its too fkn narrow.

Autox, trying to get off line smoothly, it neck snapping fun as the ECU closes the throttle!

Watch throttle position stay constant and RPM just drops to idle (throttle just closes!!) and G-meter suddenly reverse direction for bit at about 2 sec mark.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 09:59 AM   #14
F1FTY

Yeah, it's definitely real. Been driving stick for over 20 years now across a ton of different OEMs and this has been more than just learning the clutch.

Keep healthy skepticism in mind over my post. Let's see if anything turns up from the dealership Can'tHave2Much is working with.

I just haven't hit bog since I got the car back. Before I would nearly stall the car out backing out of my driveway on an incline or burn the clutch slipping it past the bog.

Now I can just drive the car like my old SS without problems.

Could this just be mental? I mean...sure, but...it was so common before, why would i suddenly not experience it?

Maybe no software change was done, but an ecu reset did something? I really have no idea.