Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-24-2019, 06:29 PM   #197
sav03cobra
SS Copbait R.I.

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior102 View Post
I need to stay off these forums (car, motorcycle) they cost me money... Being OCD and already rocking a Tony Mamo I dug out my OEM piece and am sending it in for modification, my OEM TB has less than 4K miles on it. I'm pretty pleased with the TM unit so we'll see I guess.

Ditto, I have been trying to avoid my spare bedroom to dig for my old Stock TB. I have a Katech and I am very tempted to have my stock reworked as well. lol
sav03cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:14 PM   #198
vidkidZ
Mobile/Embedded Architect

Drives: '16 2SS white convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
Please, see post #161, link below. Watch that video. Courtesy of Trochoidal and Lethal Camaro. We are in the process of rewriting our instructions for this connector as well.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...&postcount=161

Thanks,
Great! Some tips for the new document..

considering this bolts pattern is
1 ( ) 2 []
3 ( ) 4 [ ]====

Remove bolts in the order of 4, 3, 2, 1 Bolt 4 has the tightest clearances. Removing bolt 4 last leads to issues.

When the bolts are removed, rotate the TB 180 degrees to remove the cable connector. (insert how to remove connector without destroying connector)

When re-installing the TB. Position the TB with a bolt pre-placed in position 4 with a socket attached that can be tightened with your fingers. Position 4 has tight clearances to the TB and is visually occluded.

After Position 4 is partially threaded, partially thread bolts in position 1, 2, and 3. Tighten 4, 1, 2, 3 with a loose socket and your fingers until tight.

Attach the socket to a ratchet and finish the tightning of each bolt in the order of 4, 1, 2, 3

Last edited by vidkidZ; 06-24-2019 at 08:59 PM.
vidkidZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:23 PM   #199
vidkidZ

One more thing....

Throttle LAG begone!!! This alone is worth the purchase...
After 41k miles, the lag when punching the throttle is gone.
Ive been able to run the Camaro 2SS to work and back, about 55 miles round trip and I'm noticing small, but significant variances on the car's drive-ability...
Downshifting with the A8 seems smoother, less jerkey.

With all the great airflow my NPP exhaust is backfiring a bit less. There goes the neighborhood 5:17am alarm clock.

Overall.. I'm very impressed!
Old 06-24-2019, 08:59 PM   #200
vidkidZ

Quote:
vidkidz, we apologize for the mishap, we just found out about these new connectors on the 2019's.

It looks like it is p/n 2272975-5 made by Tyco Electronics (TE/Amp). See attached; could you verify?

I'll try to get the connector and terminal (pins) for you to replace it. In the meantime, if you find another solution please send us the quoted price and we'll pay it off for you.

The same goes for all other customers that accidentally broke the locking tab.

Thanks,
Thanks for the reply. I'll take you up on your offer, once we can figure out the needed part. Just to clarify, I have a 2016 2SS and the connector in the PDF looks similar, but it's not the same as what's on the wiring harness from the factory. There is also no area that can be squeezed for easy release.

Honestly, it's hard to tell if the Connector Position Assurance and the Independent Secondary Lock shown on the illustration can be moved from one style of connector to the next.

If anyone could post a picture of the complete part on their wiring harness when installing the TB, it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-24-2019, 10:01 PM   #201
SHE'Z 18

Drives: 18 ZL1 - M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0Tex View Post
My new Soler MTB arrived today. Going on a damn-near stock '18 SS 1LE. I had Mike add a little something extra to the blade. Looks great and I can't wait to get it on the car to see how much the driveability will improve.

Damn, thats a great idea!! I wish I would've seen this post before ordering. I would've inquired about it as well with ZL1 inscribed. . No worries, its hidden anyway. But nonetheless, a very nice touch and another example of why Soler is getting rave reviews.. Well done Mike & Soler Team!!
SHE'Z 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 12:17 AM   #202
Silver2ssA8

Drives: 2017 Silver SS
How come some of the TBs have three or one or no grooves at the bottom of the throttle plate? Just curious if it’s dependent on the vehicle
Silver2ssA8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:21 AM   #203
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
Can we get a comparison between your ported throttle body and a stock zr5 throttle body? Trying to decide which tb to go with. I've heard some people have issues running the 95 Tb, and others that haven't.
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:22 AM   #204
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Seeing wiped edges of that phillips begs the question.. can torx A286 stainless be swapped in ?

https://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/125/3140

or

https://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/125/3139

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:15 AM   #205
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver2ssA8 View Post
How come some of the TBs have three or one or no grooves at the bottom of the throttle plate? Just curious if it’s dependent on the vehicle
Yes, it dependents on engine, transmission, and mods you may have.

There is always at least one at the outlet (bottom). Where did you see one w/o it?
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:27 AM   #206
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
Can we get a comparison between your ported throttle body and a stock zr5 throttle body? Trying to decide which tb to go with. I've heard some people have issues running the 95 Tb, and others that haven't.
Yes, we have heard of issues w/ 95 mm, where some cars need to be tuned for it while other's don't, not surprised.

At low-part throttle, we strongly believe that we have a better response than the 95 mm and you surely do not need a tune.

At WOT, and if you cleared the way all along the intake from restrictions (filter, CAI, manifold porting, head's porting, etc.) the 95 mm will be more effective but not by much.

We are currently working on a modification of the 95 mm and we think it is going to need calibration.

Thanks,

Last edited by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC; 06-25-2019 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:36 AM   #207
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
Seeing wiped edges of that phillips begs the question.. can torx A286 stainless be swapped in ?

https://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/125/3140

or

https://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/125/3139
Absolutely, we have them. If you request it we can put them for you. They wouldn't be countersunk.

The Phillips we provide are 18-8 CRES, thread locked, and peened. They are not going anywhere.

Thanks,
Old 06-25-2019, 10:16 AM   #208
Silver2ssA8

Drives: 2017 Silver SS
Quote:
Yes, it dependents on engine, transmission, and mods you may have.

There is always at least one at the outlet (bottom). Where did you see one w/o it?
It looks like the one ZOtex posted doesn’t have the bottom grooves, I could be seeing it wrong though
Silver2ssA8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:27 AM   #209
Z0Tex
@texan.1le

Drives: '18 Camaro 1SS 1LE, PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver2ssA8 View Post
It looks like the one ZOtex posted doesn’t have the bottom grooves, I could be seeing it wrong though
The one I have has a bottom groove/channel and 3 up top. I was holding the TB at an angle and also pushing on the blade to get the 1LE engraving to show up in the photo.
Old 06-25-2019, 10:29 AM   #210
Mick0311

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Redline
Just placed my order.
Mick0311 is offline   Reply With Quote