Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-23-2019, 04:19 PM   #43
bignaz

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Apex View Post
Very nice work! I would love a set too in black if/when possible

As son as I can have someone test the fit I'll start making them for sale. Just want a 3rd party to verify fitment. So anyone in SE Michigan just hit me up.
bignaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 04:34 PM   #44
CamaroVille

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS M6
I was born in SE Michigan, does that count? But seriously, I am in Kentucky now. I'd gladly pay for shipping if you want to send it to me and I will test it for you. Just thought I'd offer.
Built 6/21/18 -- Purchased 7/28/18
CamaroVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 04:57 PM   #45
bignaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroVille View Post
I was born in SE Michigan, does that count? But seriously, I am in Kentucky now. I'd gladly pay for shipping if you want to send it to me and I will test it for you. Just thought I'd offer.
I would but I'm trying to spend as little as I can lol.

If I haven't found anyone and your on my way back down to Georgia when I go back if I haven't found anyone.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:23 PM   #46
bignaz

Starting Todo batches of the firewall block off plates.
Attached Images

Old 05-24-2019, 01:16 PM   #47
Mick0311

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Redline
Come up with a price yet? Will you be using Paypal?
Mick0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 01:55 PM   #48
bignaz

Yeah I'll probably use PayPal. Never used it so I'll have to set it all up.

Price won't know until I can find someone to check out the intake plug and see if I need to do more work. It fits fine in mine but I need someone to test it. So just waiting on that

O rings came in there sent the wrong size. Not thick enough. So I might just make my own seals. So just finalizing the last stuff on it.

Trying to come in under $35 for a full kit.

Firewall block off plate with o ring
Intake plug

Resin for this printer is expensive and it's takes time doing the final clean up.

Isopropanol alcohol rinse
Final cure
Removal of support meteral
Final finishing of the parts

I'm looking into having Amazon do the selling and shipping. I think that would be the best option and help cut down on the price since shipping would be around $8 alone.

But as soon as I can get someone in Michigan to come pick up a set for free and test it out I'll know more and start moving them out. Firewall plugs are good I just really wanna make sure on the intake plug. I want a 3rd party to provide feedback on it.

So project is on track.
Old 05-24-2019, 02:52 PM   #49
bignaz

Got some that just gotta be cleaned up. And the picture shows one that I shatter on a press. There won't ever be any later separation on these since they are done with a SLA printer. And the inside is solid.
Attached Images

Old 05-25-2019, 06:21 PM   #50
aronSlusa

Drives: '16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignaz View Post
...But as soon as I can get someone in Michigan to come pick up a set for free and test it out I'll know more and start moving them out. Firewall plugs are good I just really wanna make sure on the intake plug. I want a 3rd party to provide feedback on it.

So project is on track.
Where in Michigan? I'm up for a road trip.
aronSlusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 07:14 PM   #51
bignaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aronSlusa View Post
Where in Michigan? I'm up for a road trip.

Ann arbor.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:28 AM   #52
bignaz

Since I couldn't find anyone to test it out and I hit my limit for time and money invested in this I'm just scraping this. I set aside a limit that's why I needed to find someone local. Really can't invest any more time or money into this. Thanks for the compliments but project is scrapped.
Old 05-27-2019, 09:35 AM   #53
Mick0311

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Redline
I think there are plenty of beta testers willing to help out. I'm sure they would even cover the postage. I know I would. You just might have to go outside your MI box.
Mick0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 10:18 AM   #54
bignaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick0311 View Post
I think there are plenty of beta testers willing to help out. I'm sure they would even cover the postage. I know I would. You just might have to go outside your MI box.

Won't happen. Already hit the limit of out of pocket money I'm willing to put into this. I can't just bleed money. When I considered this I put x amount of money and x amount of hours. Soon as one of those were hit the project gets scrapped because if I keep throwing money or time at it it's really not worth it. This was never about making them to sell it was just something I made for my self. I considered selling them but I'm not throwing a ton of money into something that probably won't sell. I'm guessing only 3 might sell. At $35 each that's $105 before PayPal fees and shipping. Shipping will be $8 each so out of that $105 there goes $24. I don't know how manyore changes I'll need to make or how many more hours I'll need to spend and I'm not about to dump more money in shipping stuff out to be tested only to spend more time and money l. Resin runs $149 per liter so at this point I'm just walking away from this rather then burning more money.

I just needed a plate to block off the hole in my firewall after I changed some stuff around then needed something that sealed and had a pass through for wires so I changed the plate for that. But making them to sell is just not a viable option any more due to the unknowns like who will actually buy one, cost vs time. There's post process work that involves clean up, trimming etc. And all that for at the most I feel only 3 people would actually buy one.

So its officially been scrapped. Sucks but I don't gamble with my money. I have to make a different plug that could be x amount of time in cad. Then making another part and finishing it. Then another $8 to ship it out and so on. I tested it in the spare intake I have here. Worked perfect but without anyone to verify I refuse to sell it. But this is how development goes.

Again. Thanks for the compliments. Please don't ask me for any. Please don't ask to buy one, please don't ask for any of the cad files. Project if over.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:02 PM   #55
Budman51

Drives: 2023 SGM 1SS
Ahhh, I'm disappointed, I was gonna buy a set. But I understand where you're coming from, that's a lot of time and money invested for something that is more than likely a limited interest product. My personal opinion is you'd sell more than three, but that's still an expensive endeavor. Thanks for at least trying.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:42 PM   #56
bignaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman51 View Post
Ahhh, I'm disappointed, I was gonna buy a set. But I understand where you're coming from, that's a lot of time and money invested for something that is more than likely a limited interest product. My personal opinion is you'd sell more than three, but that's still an expensive endeavor. Thanks for at least trying.
Yeah Sunday was my cut off. If I got feed back I would of gave it more time if the feedback was positive. But as of right now. Solid works I charge $60/hour. So $240 in design time, $150 resin puts it to $390. Print time I have 24 hours worth of work into so add that on top of that and that I might have to dump another hour into the design and at the very least 5 more hours of print time it's time to kill the project. Plug fits great in the intake I have but without an independent tester I can't sell it. I would of cranked then out if everything was good. Had 12 plates ready to go just waiting on feedback from the plug. But
If I do have to redo the plug that's $60 for the sold works time 4 hours in the print time the a retest what would by the looks of it delay it another week. I would have to do a min of 12 to cover the cost to make them as well as shipping. And I don't see that happening. Down 500lm of resin and I'm just going to use the rest to do some other work to get back some of the time and money I invested

$400 was the limit on time and money I was willing to put up front for this. $35 shipped was the max for the price. More work the price would go above that and honestly $35 is high I don't think people would pay more.