Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-26-2019, 02:30 PM   #1
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
GM Head to busy Pushing Electric instead on Camaro

GM to busy pushing Electric instead of focusing on Camaro sales like they ought to be......Sad.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ford-must...115518308.html
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 03:25 PM   #2
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
they could do both. They spent a lot of research and development on electrifying the camaro (had a bunch of universities give them free ideas before the 6th gen even went to market). Pretty sure Chevy is just debating if the market is moving towards cars as a service and personal ownership is going to die out fast (auto driving cars will make that happen extremely fast) or if there's a significant amount of time left for people to drive their own cars around and then they can put out hybrid/electric camaro's.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 03:35 PM   #3
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
“Muscle cars are important to automakers because the owners are the most enthusiastic brand champions for them. Friendly muscle car rivalries are just as fierce amongst owners as they are between the manufacturers,” he said. “If a company wins the heart of an enthusiast through a muscle car, they are likely to also sell them other vehicles, such as trucks and SUVs.”

Chevy can't figure that out.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 03:54 PM   #4
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
The standard battery is iffy. They are not lifetime batteries.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 05:10 PM   #5
karmatourer
STD free

Drives: 2018 Bright Yellow LGX M6 RS NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
GM to busy pushing Electric instead of focusing on Camaro sales like they ought to be......Sad.

Too busy. So you think GM's future is focusing on the Camaro? THAT is sad. They hardly sell any and the numbers are dropping every day and it sure as hell isn't GM's savior.

Last edited by karmatourer; 04-28-2019 at 12:28 AM.
karmatourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 05:13 PM   #6
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
there is no reason the e-maro couldnt be at least available as an option.just because a car is electric it doesnt have to be styled like a dorkmobile...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 06:03 PM   #7
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Spoiler alert electric is the future!!! At least until we can really figure Hydrogen Fuel Cells haha

This isn’t a bad thing, unless you want GM to fall behind the competition.
Old 04-26-2019, 09:51 PM   #8
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:

LOL so you think GM, that sell millions of cars globally should be solely focused on getting Camaro sales from 50,000 to what? 1,000,000 units? At best GM could catch the Mustang at 80,000 units.....an increase of 30,000 units. In the scheme of things it’s literally rounding error on the future and you think this is somehow....sad? I’m sorry but not only are sedan sales tanking, coupe sales are even worse. Our only hope is CT5 enables GM to keep building Camaros.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:11 PM   #9
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:

I've yet to see a Camaro TV or internet ad unless posted by a dealer. Sad. Many don't even know the Camaro is back...many young people never even heard of a Camaro.....Sad.
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 10:17 PM   #10
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Old 04-26-2019, 10:19 PM   #11
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
The “young people” don’t give a shit about muscle cars, even if they see 1000 commercials for them.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/driving...it-11555732810
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 10:32 PM   #12
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
“Advertising works when the consumer is surrounded by messaging. Just running an ad on TV won't do it alone," Davidman said. "The Challenger has been integrated into programs beyond the traditional advertising placements, shows like ‘Top Gear,’ ‘The Grand Tour,’ ‘Fast and Loud,’ ‘Motor Trend. Even ‘NCIS LA’ has used it.”

Ads are working for Chrysler. We don't see any for Camaro.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 10:48 PM   #13
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
I always find it interesting that there is this hate for electric cars by some muscle car fans. It's almost as if the waning popularity in the Camaro or a Corvette is due to the Bolt or the Volt. It's like an ultimatum, you can't like both. Realistically GM knows there's a place for both, that's why they sell them. I had a Chevy Volt for 3 years, I liked it a lot. Awesome commuter car, tons of gadgets, plenty of torque, decent hatch space to haul family around. I just recommended one to a friend, and he bought it.
Now I'm in a V8 Camaro. It's a different animal, for a different taste. Don't need to hate on the Electric though.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 10:51 PM   #14
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I feel like that article summed up pretty much everything that has been discussed to death and back, even on these forums. Nothing new, nothing surprising.

And my stance on this is always the same: Electric is the future, self-driving is the future, but there will always be a market for driving enthusiasts.

We're still decades out from even beginning any discussion of potential future autonomous highway systems when human drivers aren't a thing. Not even the most radical left-wing legislation could make that happen. You still have tons of cars from the 90's running today as daily drivers with no sign of letting up, and people will continue to maintain cars as long as they can last. I think we're about to enter a very interesting era in history where vehicles on our roadways have the highest technology gap since the horse-drawn carriage and automobile occupied the same streets 100 years ago, but like that time, it will be a very gradual change.