Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-26-2019, 12:54 AM   #15
NowaChevyGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT1 RS Black on Black
I have been.running the JMS controller for almost 2 years without any issue and would honestly recommend it. It is American made and solid. Get the adjuster knob for it. I made a YouTube video on how to wire it in the cubby hole behind the armrest. I would run it set anywhere between 45 and 55%. It instantly changed the feel of my v6. I recently swapped the rear diff out for one from a 2018 v4 turbo manual. The RS cars come with 2.77 gears and an open diff. The 2.0T Manuals are 3.23 gears and limited slip diff. This is what our cars should have come with. I have started turning off my controller but will bump it up to around 20% if I want to really feel it.

My man DynoSteve here on the Forum carries JMS at the best price. When it comes to electronics on these cars I researched and JMS stood out for quality and reliability. They are around $300 but worth every dollar in my book.
2016 RS - Trifecta Tuned, 3.23 diff swap, Borla S Type, JMS Throttle Controller, Lambo doors, Monster stereo, GM LED rear tail lights, BMR swaybars/End Links/Trailing Arms, tinted dark and murdered out.[/br]
Car kicks ass! $20k.. and I get 20mpg with my foot in it, everywhere I go!.... Say somethin about V6's now...
NowaChevyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 05:28 AM   #16
Mick0311

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Redline
I had the Pedal Commander on my Grand Cherokee and loved it. Does what it says it does. No more throttle lag. Plan on getting one for the Camaro.

Last edited by Mick0311; 04-26-2019 at 03:47 PM.
Mick0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 05:21 PM   #17
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
A throttle controller isn't going to do anything you can't do with your own foot. So you either adapt how you use the peddle or buy such a device to change how it behaves to hopefully be more i acceptable to you.

It's not a perf upgrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
a lot of people buy them, then end up selling them because it doesn't work as well as they thought, and the reason is that "throttle response" is a lot more complicated than just slamming more voltage at the ECU to get the throttle body to open more. I'm curious OP, what is your perception of the throttle response currently? And in what driving modes?
These are common responses from people who either have not installed one and experienced what it can do, or are biased so hard against it that they didn’t give it a chance. Frankly, I have the Vitesse controller on my car and it has made a HUGE difference. I love how I have the option to change throttle response based on external conditions. Night and day driving experience upgrade!

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 05:50 PM   #18
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sal11585 View Post
Ill be getting tuned soon for my supercharger. I have a throttle controller that i never installed. You guys think it will be pointless to install after the supercharger
It will more than likely cause some havoc if you have a tune on the car. So I would recommend not using it with a tune and definitely not with an aftermarket supercharger.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 05:51 PM   #19
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
It worked on my 5th gen. Never tried one for the 6th gen. I'd rather go PTB first.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 05:53 PM   #20
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
The TCs really are just for fun. They make driving the car much more fun. No amount of foot action can duplicate what a TC can do. Because no matter how fast or hard you press on the gas pedal it will still only open at a certain speed. A TC will make it open faster which has drastic results. So get one if anything because it is fun to play with. However I do doubt that it will have any impact on quarter mile times since the majority of the run is spent at WOT anyway. Around a track tho I think it will have some good results.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 06:56 PM   #21
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
Have Race Chip XLR and the RS chip. Completely different experience on LS turbo. I wrote more on the Other thread about Race Chip. It simply works. Different settings to dial it in, you will get more distinguished response from the console on-board sport/tour button too. That's 12 steps in total with just Touring or Sport acting as half steps. Sport + on Sport Mode will give you that carburetor style jump, race steps are just insane, not street-able. Never tried the Eco steps, who would?

Never mind what the nay sayers say. Its a low risk - proven - worthy option. Give some brand a try, you can always resell it easily. Literally a 10 minute totally hidden install. One small bolt to undo. Good luck.
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:24 AM   #22
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookwook View Post
Have Race Chip XLR and the RS chip. Completely different experience on LS turbo. I wrote more on the Other thread about Race Chip. It simply works. Different settings to dial it in, you will get more distinguished response from the console on-board sport/tour button too. That's 12 steps in total with just Touring or Sport acting as half steps. Sport + on Sport Mode will give you that carburetor style jump, race steps are just insane, not street-able. Never tried the Eco steps, who would?

Never mind what the nay sayers say. Its a low risk - proven - worthy option. Give some brand a try, you can always resell it easily. Literally a 10 minute totally hidden install. One small bolt to undo. Good luck.
Yeah, the Sport+ on the XLR with the car in its own sport mode is absolutely perfect. The Race+ is insanity.
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:36 AM   #23
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
You people made me very curious to try, but since I am "babying" the car, I am a bit anxious (warranty + possible problems). I hope I am not missing all the fun But I want to keep this car for 10+ years
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:57 AM   #24
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
No one has actually answered the OP's question: is it worth it?
Vitesse TC's go for about $180.
So, again, the question is cost vs. benefit. As I recall, there were some people getting CEL's with some of these. Not sure what else they may have monkeyed with, as the TC's alone seem to be rather benign.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:10 AM   #25
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
What is CEL?
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:26 AM   #26
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
What is CEL?
Check engine light.
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...43&postcount=8
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:34 AM   #27
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PnCRedJwl2SS View Post
These are common responses from people who either have not installed one and experienced what it can do, or are biased so hard against it that they didn’t give it a chance. Frankly, I have the Vitesse controller on my car and it has made a HUGE difference. I love how I have the option to change throttle response based on external conditions. Night and day driving experience upgrade!
It's also a common response from people who know what kind of device it is.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote