Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 03-20-2021, 01:00 PM   #183
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
So I'll go ahead and add my .02......the Soler TC truly is an incredible mod and easy to install. I did mine yesterday, followed the directions and have no CEL lights. it was a very straight forward and easy install that anyone in their garage can do. I drove around first in OE mode to get a good baseline and than switched to S5 and holy hell can you tell a difference!!! It takes some getting used too that's for sure. Not sure why the car didn't come from the factory like this but once you get on throttle the response is immediate! Thanks Soler for a great product. I also must add I messaged Soler because I accidentally selected USPS and wanted to switch to UPS, they did it for me at no extra charge. Great company and great product!!!
Good to hear. Looking to get my TB & TC installed in a few weeks.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:52 AM   #184
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
Put my order in last night. I already have the Mamo V2 TB and have been happy with it, but after reading all 14 pages on this topic, I figured it would be worthwhile trying this for my M6. The unit is backordered per the Soler web site, but I'm in no hurry...
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 06:31 PM   #185
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
Put my order in last night. I already have the Mamo V2 TB and have been happy with it, but after reading all 14 pages on this topic, I figured it would be worthwhile trying this for my M6. The unit is backordered per the Soler web site, but I'm in no hurry...
That is the exact same setup i have Brian, get the Soler you won’t be disappointed!
Old 04-07-2021, 10:28 AM   #186
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
I just received it and installed it yesterday. Left it at P2.5 for now, and no code upon initial start up. Will try it out for a while before any other mode changes.

Install and instructions were easy, well as easy as it can be for this 67 year old body to work under the dash. Beautifully packaged.

I also have a Rotofab CAI on order, but it's backordered. I am very curious how all this stacks up and will work with my Mamo V2 TB.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 07:06 AM   #187
MR-02

Drives: 2016 2SS M6
TC question about soler display unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroJD View Post
I grabbed one of these from a member on the forum and I finally got around to installing today. I just went for a quick test drive but I'm loving it so far!

I'm curious, if I unplug the display/"controller" and leave everything else plugged in, what will happen? I'd like to be able to unplug the display and hide the wires if I ever needed to bring my car into the dealership.
Does anyone know the answer to this? Can I drive around with the display unit removed, or will it create a malfunction? I just want it to be completely tucked away-invisible once its at a setting I like.
-Thanks
Old 04-10-2021, 07:39 AM   #188
puppykat33

Drives: Black 2019 ZL1 M6,
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR-02 View Post
Does anyone know the answer to this? Can I drive around with the display unit removed, or will it create a malfunction? I just want it to be completely tucked away-invisible once its at a setting I like.
-Thanks
It wont cause a malfunction to run with it unplugged, but without the unit plugged in it reverts to stock. You gotta leave it plugged in to work
2019 Black ZL1, M6, CF Hood and Dash, Nav System, ZL1 Addons rock guards and lift points, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, DD Smoked Marker Lights, Ceramic window tint, Gtechniq 9yr ceramic coating. JL Audio stealth box 12W6, Dyanamat trunk, Dead pedal cover, Soler TB/TC, Green Filter, Carbon-fiber Borla S-Type
puppykat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 06:56 AM   #189
MR-02

Drives: 2016 2SS M6
So I Finally installed the TC, and wow! Now I really like my car again-its great!!!!
Also, just wanted to share an install bit of info, the white plug kept popping out as I was fiddling around with the best place to put the unit-see photos. I decided to secure it with a thin white twist-tie and electrical tape, see the third photo.
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2021, 04:38 PM   #190
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
I’m trading my Camaro in tomorrow so I have my Soler throttle controller for sale if anyone wants a slightly used one. I absolutely loved it
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 12:30 PM   #191
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
Throttle controllers, or perhaps better-called pedal controllers, are often compared and compete with modified/ported throttle bodies for the best or more transformational modification for a limited budget. The truth is; they are part of the same system and do not compete with each other, they rather complement each other. The pedal response is where it all starts, interfacing with the driver, and the throttle valve (body) response characteristic airflow curve is where it all ends, interfacing with the engine air. Therefore no throttle modification is complete without taking care of these two ends of the system. If these two modifications are already competing for the first spot on their own, just imagine them working together.

Introducing Total Throttle Control, the perfect match of our Modified Throttle Bodies and our Throttle Controller, for a fully customizable experience of pedal feel and throttle performance.

Both very easy to install, warranty-safe, transformational, and affordable package.
Mike, as you know, I'm a satisfied user of your modified 95mm LT5 throttle body, and now I'd like to ask a technical question about the Soler throttle controller.

It seems to me that the unit is powered from the pedal assembly itself, and according to the competition (no secret, it's Banks), this may pose a safety issue on cars that have too little power reserve on that circuit, causing a MIL and loss of pedal functionality, see the screenshot below. For this reason their product uses the OBD-II port to draw power from.

Does the Camaro have a similar exposure to this problem, say, via a razor thin safety margin on the connection your throttle controller is drawing power from? If yes, is your throttle controller safe, ie does it leave enough reserve on the circuit?

Thank you for your response in advance.
Attached Images

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 10:43 AM   #192
cengell

Drives: 2017 2LT Garnet Red
Hello All, I just got my TC from Mike and ordered it on Wed and got it on Saturday, thank Mike! Got it installed today and it comes with very good instructions and had no issues at all!

Ok so I had to try out a few of the modes and I so far like it, now my main reason of getting it and maybe I got it for the wrong reasons, but for better MPG, I understand what this TC does but and what I have been told was the faster you get out of the low gears to a cruising speed to say the 8th or 7th gear for best MPG, in the SP5 mode I noticed that if I press the pedal just enough to move without stomping on it as that will waste gas but a smooth ramp of speed like getting on a highway I feel that it's quicker from a lower gear to the higher gears right? Where before I would press the pedal softly I would be staying in those lower gears for longer and using more gas, I have a V6 A8 Auto Transmission.

Also can you change the modes while driving if you release the pedal fully and then change modes without the CEL error or into LIMP mode as I think if the modes of the TC are changed while pressing on the pedal then the ECU will cause an error right?

Last question please, Maybe these questions are for Mike at Soler, but when in EC 9 mode and not using the cruse control and from what I understand the TC will not help in better MPG in ANY MODE or will it?

Thanks
Christopher
cengell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 11:45 AM   #193
MrChevyDC3

Drives: 2022 Vert 2SS
Sunday Soler Day!

Looks like today is the day for modifications! I, too, installed my Soler TC today, except mine didn't go as smooth as @cengell

I installed it (And WHY do they have the plug on the right side? I think most installs the device on the right side of the steering wheel, so now the cord has to be bent underneath the unit- anyway

All went well, had the car started, switched to OEM mode and let it idle. After about 3 minutes and a good revving, it went into limp mode

Then I looked up where the batt was (who knew about the hidden access panel?) Disconnected my (-), and now I'm waiting. Nervous
MrChevyDC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 01:08 PM   #194
cengell

Drives: 2017 2LT Garnet Red
Sorry to hear that MrChevyDC3, now did you follow the instructions 100%? I have read what happened to you could be because when you removed the pedal I waited like 15 min for it to all shut off. Also in the instructions I think it's says maybe the first time you could get an CEL. Also do the next steps about pressing the start button with the key FOB and but don't start, and then hold the mode button until 820 was on the display and press the pedal all the way down and release (if I have that correct order in the manual)?

But I am sure after a reset like you did you will be fine. JUST DON'T CHANGE THE MODE WHILE DRIVING or at least without the gas pedal pressed at all as I asked that question in my post.

Please report back.
Christopher
cengell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 03:43 PM   #195
MrChevyDC3

Drives: 2022 Vert 2SS
Let it sit unplugged for a hot 30, rechecked my connections, retucked the box. Followed start up process to the T, let it idle at OEM for a few, didn't Blip the throttle. Took it around the block...

OEM felt like OEM...

Stopped, changed to CF 3, didn't really notice a difference. Kinda felt as if the car rowed through the gears quicker? Could've just been me, being eager to feel a diff.

Stopped, changed to CF5, Felt a diff now. Still nothing commendable, but felt comfortable and peppy. I could blip the throttle and the car would jump, like my old Nova w/ 468 BB.

By then I was back home, feeling good about life again. Ready to go out and try CF 7 or 9, and then to the sporting modes. Hoping that I see NO limp codes or anything...
MrChevyDC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 06:45 PM   #196
Minerbros66

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS, 2018 Shelby Raptor
I also installed mine today on my 2020 2SS A10. No issues and extremely easy install (the hardest part was Tetris-ing myself on the floor board). HOLY CRAP I honestly didn't think it would make that big of a difference but my god it feels like a different car! I tried all the modes and settled on Sport 5 which is still a hell of an improvement. Ludicrous mode made me laugh as soon as I even breathed on the pedal. I really thought it was overhyped but man does it make the car fun!
2018 Shelby Baja Raptor #87
Minerbros66 is offline   Reply With Quote