Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-23-2015, 02:32 PM   #99
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
I liked how in 09 the v6 Camaro had more power than the v8 mustang. The ss was far and away the best performance per dollar there was. Would love to see the performance to dollar ratio improve.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:41 PM   #100
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by smggugfaw View Post
Cool. I'm sure lots of people bought the car for performance reasons.

Lots of other people bought the car because of how it looks and the attention it draws.

Some even get perturbed when you suggest they might not be getting looked at any more.

To each his own. We all still dig the Camaro, right? We're on the same team.
Of course we're on the same team but to discount the next generation car because it might not get looks is weak. The next gen car is going to be a solid step up in performance and quality.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:51 PM   #101
mako22

Drives: 2017 HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Who gives a shit if your car gets looks or not? I didn't buy my Camaro because I want people to look at me. I bought it because it's a bad ass car and I want to try auto crossing or open track days.
says the guy with the self described "red hot" car

to simplify for you; the "looks" are simply an indication that car is aesthetically pleasing. Many of us care what the car looks like. If we didn't we'd be driving mustangs.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:34 PM   #102
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Of course we're on the same team but to discount the next generation car because it might not get looks is weak. The next gen car is going to be a solid step up in performance and quality.
lol... It supposed to be a solid step up, I meanit is a new platform ! No surprisez

Quote:
Not sure why you're so worked up over the idea that in my area these cars aren't really a big deal any more. I'm just reporting the situation here as I see it. Maybe in areas where there's not a lot of interest or or people can't afford a $25,000 car they're still a big deal?

Around here every kid with a job and old guy that wants a weekend fun car seems to have one.

That wasn't the case back in 2011 when I bought mine. It DID get looks and sparked conversation. For me, where I live, that has changed - your mileage may vary...literally, I guess.

If anything, I'm jealous of you guys that still think you're...err, still are getting looked at. I miss those days...and if these renderings are even close, they're not coming back anytime soon.

(and no, that doesn't mean it's a bad design at all, it was and is a great looking car - it's just not the novelty it once was)

Oh, I know! I was one of the ones staring!
Lol... Not getting worked up! Please..... I got my car because I like looking at it ! So who cares what others think or look at! I drive my car and hurry up and put it back in my safe garage. To many stare for too long and walk up asking to take pictures or ppl rolling down their window to take pictures! Ppl stare to much and at first it was cool but not really now! These cars are soooooo hot out here in California to where ppl are stealing them all day from WalMart lots , jobs and in front of your house ! Oh , and dealerships! This California where it's top down weather all year almost ! So of course there are alot of them because we drive everyday out here. But just because you have a job don't mean you can afford a payment lol....Must be some high paying jobs .

Quote:
Who gives a shit if your car gets looks or not? I didn't buy my Camaro because I want people to look at me. I bought it because it's a bad ass car and I want to try auto crossing or open track days.
Uh, who cares why you bought your car? Are you saying that the 1LE is the best track car to you? And who cares ? Uhhhhh, GM does because looks is everything now a days!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 03:36 PM   #103
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mako22 View Post

to simplify for you; the "looks" are simply an indication that car is aesthetically pleasing. Many of us care what the car looks like. If we didn't we'd be driving mustangs.
Couldn't have said it better!
Old 01-23-2015, 04:05 PM   #104
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mako22 View Post

Red hot is the color.

By looks, I meant people looking at the car. I care about the styling of the car. I don't care if people look at me as I drive by.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:27 PM   #105
smggugfaw

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
But just because you have a job don't mean you can afford a payment lol....Must be some high paying jobs .
No. Just the opposite - which was my point.

Pretty much any kid with a job that wants a "cool" car (and isn't into ricers) is driving an LS. It's a cheap enough car that it's affordable for the "still living at home" set.

Literally, they're everywhere here in the midwest. The novelty that existed 4 or 5 years ago (or almost 6 for the very first owners) simply isn't there anymore. It's compounded by the fact that many of the early buyers have since flipped out of them making a rather large and cheap secondary market.

It's doesn't make the car any less terrific and easy on the eyes, it's just the natural course of things.

Consider it a bit of sour grapes on my part. I liked that the car seemed special to people. I'd literally have soccer moms ask about it at red lights. People who were generally taken by the look and the uniqueness of the car. Now it's mostly only other car guys or specifically Camaro guys...and that's cool too, I guess.

To me, in my circles, based on my little part of the world - the Camaro is a very affordable car. Not too often you can buy that kind of experience at the Camaro's price point.

But to have strangers still be wanting to take pictures 6 model years into the run!? I'm not doubting you, but I can't imagine in what world that happens to anything less than rather modified, show quality cars.

But great if it does. I'd love to visit sometime and capture that feeling again!
smggugfaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 06:43 PM   #106
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
^Thats why you mod/personalize it. It makes it fresh again for you and others (if that matters to you).
Old 01-23-2015, 07:53 PM   #107
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Exclamation

Quote:
Red hot is the color.

By looks, I meant people looking at the car. I care about the styling of the car. I don't care if people look at me as I drive by.
Well, see that's what we was talking about but of course ppl looking got pulled into it!

Quote:
No. Just the opposite - which was my point.

Pretty much any kid with a job that wants a "cool" car (and isn't into ricers) is driving an LS. It's a cheap enough car that it's affordable for the "still living at home" set.

Literally, they're everywhere here in the midwest. The novelty that existed 4 or 5 years ago (or 6 for the very first owners) simply isn't there anymore. It's compounded by the fact that many of the early buyers have since flipped out of them making a rather large and cheap secondary market.

It's doesn't make the car any less terrific and easy on the eyes, it's just the natural course of things.

Consider it a bit of sour grapes on my part. I liked that the car seemed special to people. I'd literally have soccer moms ask about it at red lights. People who were generally taken by the look and the uniqueness of the car. Now it's mostly only other car guys or specifically Camaro guys...and that's cool too, I guess.

To me, in my circles, based on my little part of the world - the Camaro is a very affordable car. Not too often you can buy that kind of experience at the Camaro's price point.

But to have strangers still be wanting to take pictures 6 model years into the run!? I'm not doubting you, but I can't imagine in what world that happens to anything less than rather modified, show quality cars.

But great if it does. I'd love to visit sometime and capture that feeling again!
Yea, I understand! And mine is matte white with white rims! But kids still fun up at night or daytime saying bubblebee that I don't even know! Lol.... These kids were like 5 and 4 how the heck would they know? Because I mean bubblebee has alot of contrast and stripes going on but mine don't! I swear kids have a better memory than older ppl ! And yea, if you live at home with parents you can buy anything you want faster than ppl that don't!

This is why kids be driving BMWs at a young age because they stay at home with parents! I see it all the times ! This guy told me that he knew this kid that stayed at home with his parents in a trailer and guy , his brother and all had BMWs and Mercedes. Well all of them stayed in the trailer! That's crazy! And sad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
^Thats why you mod/personalize it. It makes it fresh again for you and others (if that matters to you).
Exactly ! My interior is red and white and I love it! no matter what car it is you will always want to make it different from others, well at least I would!
Old 01-23-2015, 09:57 PM   #108
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
Summer 09 would have blown your mind...
lol...man that was fun. Felt like a damn rock star.

Quote:
I know you said styling is important to you, but "looks" from other people aren't, and I can see what you mean, but honestly, we had better hope the 6th gen is good enough in the looks department to continue to draw those looks from people. In my opinion...the style sells more than the performance does. I hope GM really nailed this one.

For me its a double edged sword...I hope it looks like a 5th gen....but I also hope it is easily distinguishable from a 5th gen. It has got to look good...period. It could perform amazing, but if the styling doesn't do it for me, then I ain't buying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Right on. This is my car still gets lots of attention, while stock ones may not. My car isn't wild, but when you look at it you can tell there is something different and special about it that sets it apart....and the rare color helps too lol.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:38 AM   #109
Jontall

Drives: GTO
It looks identical...
Jontall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 09:07 PM   #110
forklord

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post

This is the one I'm talking about.
if it looked like this i would sell mine for nothing to get it
2010 2SS- 562whp/634wtq 12 psi on3 turbo 78mm magnum /w aem truboost, pat g cam, Kooks 3" catback, Factory Rep 41s with 285/315 20" michelin PSS, Snow Meth, Hex Hood Vents, ZL1 FP & ADM FPCM /w JMS BAP, ID 850s, DSS lvl 4 axles & aluminum 1 piece D/S, Total Pro BMR bushings, fe4 sways, toe rods & trailing arms, Prothane engine mounts, MGW shifter, eaton true trac, mantic 9000 clutch, idealg master cylinder, JDP clutch oil reservoir, ram clutch pedal adjust, Tick clutch & bleed lines, Dewitts Rad
forklord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 11:11 PM   #111
Bad70supreme

Drives: 2010 aqua blue SS/RS M6
I for one am not happy about the ats platform! Have you been in a ats, Damn small inside! Very narrow, I hate that feeling!
Old 01-25-2015, 11:30 PM   #112
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad70supreme View Post
I for one am not happy about the ats platform! Have you been in a ats, Damn small inside! Very narrow, I hate that feeling!
It's not going to be the exact dimensions of the ATS. The ATS rides on the Alpha platform, same as the CTS.

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation