Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-17-2016, 10:03 PM   #85
Zophix

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT I4 Black
For anyone else contemplating the 2.0L or the V6, I got the Turbo. I figured I should either get as much hp as possible with the V8 or as much fuel efficiency as possible with the 2.0L. I didn't feel as if I was getting enough hp or fuel efficiency with the V6. I also bought my 6th gen camaro for the use of a daily driver, in which case having only slightly more hp, but not as much as a V8 was unnecessary. Pricing wasn't an issue between the V6 or 2.0L for me, I could not afford an SS.

2.0L Fuel Efficiency, My Best was 46mpg sustained for an hour at 65mph it all just depends on how hard you hit the gas.
35-42 MPG Highway
21-29 MPG City

Last edited by Zophix; 11-17-2016 at 10:17 PM.
Zophix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 10:17 PM   #86
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Sweet!
Old 11-23-2016, 09:45 AM   #87
pdrumans

Drives: 2LT Red Hot 2.0t
The turbo has great power, you have to work/rev a little harder to get it, but that is the fun part.
pdrumans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 04:33 PM   #88
edgehead2000
2016 Camaro 1LT 2.0T

Drives: Nemesis
Another factor just came to mind as to why the turbo could be a better choice, for me anyway. Living in the Rockies, elevation essentially brings the V6 down to 282 HP. The turbo may lose some as well but it's not as susceptible as NA's from what I'm finding. Plus we get peak torque at a lower rpm.
edgehead2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 08:53 PM   #89
camex

Drives: Sold
My answer is simple,
More torque,lighter and better MPG.
camex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 03:51 AM   #90
Blue Velvet

Drives: 2016 2.0 Turbo
I own a 2T Manual and had a V6 loaner Auto for 2 weeks. MPG was almost the same, but the one thing I didn't like was the V6 felt noticeably heavier compared to my 2T. V6 Auto was more consistent but lacked the punch of having the turbo kick in when needed. I prefer the 2T even if I was to do all over again.
Blue Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 01:51 PM   #91
b0bsaget007

Drives: 2016 2LT RS Blue Velvet
Here's why I personally picked the 2.0T over the V6:

1) Turbo noises.
2) More torque and less weight than the V6, so it feels quicker.
3) Turbo noises!
4) Better MPG (supposedly, I really haven't noticed it yet but I haven't been in my normal driving cycle yet).
5) TURBO NOISES (I love the sound of a turbo spooling)
6) I was considering a 1LT V6 automatic for the lowest fuel costs, but I got such a great deal on my 2LT 2.0T manual that it was basically the same price as if I were to get the 1LT V6 auto, while being a MUCH nicer car than a 'rental-spec' base 1LT.

PC: i5-6600; RX 480 4GB; 16GB DDR4; Samsung 950 PRO 512GB SSD
Car: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS 2.0T 6M Blue Velvet Metallic | ZZP Hi-Flow Catted Downpipe | Injen EVO7300 Cold Air Intake

Last edited by b0bsaget007; 01-29-2017 at 07:58 PM. Reason: signature >_<
b0bsaget007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 04:41 PM   #92
Tankman

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT 2.0 Turbo
$$$$$$$$$$
Simple as that!
Tankman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 09:07 AM   #93
DarkFangz1100

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zophix View Post
For anyone else contemplating the 2.0L or the V6, I got the Turbo. I figured I should either get as much hp as possible with the V8 or as much fuel efficiency as possible with the 2.0L. I didn't feel as if I was getting enough hp or fuel efficiency with the V6. I also bought my 6th gen camaro for the use of a daily driver, in which case having only slightly more hp, but not as much as a V8 was unnecessary. Pricing wasn't an issue between the V6 or 2.0L for me, I could not afford an SS.

2.0L Fuel Efficiency, My Best was 46mpg sustained for an hour at 65mph it all just depends on how hard you hit the gas.
35-42 MPG Highway
21-29 MPG City

What are you looking like for more than the last 25 miles? Because I have mine set to 100 miles and I avg about 15.6 and 26.5 best
DarkFangz1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 11:47 AM   #94
rickwelch69

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Turbo 4
kinda long read on how I ended up with my turbo

on oct 26th I received a call from patrick howland at sands chevolet in glendale az telling me that he had a leftover 2016 v6 6spd camaro and because they needed to make room for the 17s i could get a great deal. i told him i could come by after work but i did not NEED a new car as my 2014 v6 6spd camaro was just fine and if the numbers did not work i would not buy. i stopped by on my way home and was shown a 2016 rs camaro, it was pretty dirty, had 600 plus miles on it and no window sticker or any stickers for that matter. i took a quick look and we took a ride around the block. i liked the look of the car so we sat and worked out some numbers. i ended up trading my car for this one and was forced to take it home that night DIRTY and was unable to get my brand new wheels and tires off my trade which were not part of the deal. we agreed on bringing it back the next day after work to be cleaned, however during the night something clear was leaking out of the car so i dropped it off at lunchtime and they gave me a ride back to work. during the afternoon i was called by sands finance dept and was told that my loan was ok'd but that i would have to refill out the papers. i came back after work and signed papers that raised my interest rate and changed other prices but i felt that i had no choice since the deal "had funded" according to the finance woman. i took my sloppily cleaned car that the said they could not find any leaks on and went home. when i got come i pulled into the garage and started to look under the car for signs of a leak, it was then that i noticed that there was only one downpipe coming from the engine! yup, they sold me a 4cyl when i wanted a 6! i immediately called sand and spoke with patrick howland who seemed genuinely shocked at my discovery and proceeded the assure me that we would take care of the problem, so i went back down to sands to fix it. patrick ha me sit at his desk and went to talk with his manager's Ernest and Pasha, i was not privy to this conversation but was told that this was now my car and they would not do anything to help. (they still have my wheels and tires and actually kept them from me for about 2 weeks) i was very upset and was treated poorly with no attempt to de-escalate the situation. i was basically asked to leave the premise and told i could come back on the next day and speak with another manger Jason. i have 6 hours invested now and was forced to take a vacation day to come back on friday the 28th. that fri morning i was given the runaround and even told that they would find a car for me and was told that they had found one in New Mexico but that i would have to sign for it without even seeing it, they said they would not bring a car from out of state without a signature, we went round and round and again found myself in a corner and agreed to the terms (for 3000 dollars more???) it was gonna take some time to do the paperwork so i asked Jason if i could get my tires and he said yes(i live 1 mile away) so i drove home to load the stock wheels in my truck so we could do the swap, while i was doing this i noticed the new car was leaking again!! i went back with the wheels but as soon as i got there they changed their minds and said the their tire guy was not available---when i pressed the issue the showed me a piece of paper with 2 different inks on it that said i could not have my tires till the deal funded???? i was told the previous day that it was funded when i signed for the higher interest rate, i mentioned this and was told that deals dont fund that fast and take at least a week???? so really pissed now i go back home with their tires and unload them to bring the new car back to have the leak looked at again!!! while waiting in the service department again, the salesman that the managers had walk me all over the lot looking for a car that they did not have came and told me not to worry and that i would not have to sign for the new mexico car and that they were gonna bring it here, clean it and let me look it over before i signed. so again i left with the car i would not have bought in a thousand years and still not sure if my 2500 dollar wheels and tires were even still on the property. i now had about 13 hours of time spent in this nightmare of a dealership. fast forward 2 weeks, still no car from new mexico and my case shifted from one manager to another, only to find out from Jason that there was NO CAR COMING and that my deal was funded and that the were done with me. oh did i mention that i am a repeat customer at this shithole dealership?

rick welch
rickwelch69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 12:27 PM   #95
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwelch69 View Post
on oct 26th I received a call from patrick howland at sands chevolet in glendale az telling me that he had a leftover 2016 v6 6spd camaro and because they needed to make room for the 17s i could get a great deal. i told him i could come by after work but i did not NEED a new car as my 2014 v6 6spd camaro was just fine and if the numbers did not work i would not buy. i stopped by on my way home and was shown a 2016 rs camaro, it was pretty dirty, had 600 plus miles on it and no window sticker or any stickers for that matter. i took a quick look and we took a ride around the block. i liked the look of the car so we sat and worked out some numbers. i ended up trading my car for this one and was forced to take it home that night DIRTY and was unable to get my brand new wheels and tires off my trade which were not part of the deal. we agreed on bringing it back the next day after work to be cleaned, however during the night something clear was leaking out of the car so i dropped it off at lunchtime and they gave me a ride back to work. during the afternoon i was called by sands finance dept and was told that my loan was ok'd but that i would have to refill out the papers. i came back after work and signed papers that raised my interest rate and changed other prices but i felt that i had no choice since the deal "had funded" according to the finance woman. i took my sloppily cleaned car that the said they could not find any leaks on and went home. when i got come i pulled into the garage and started to look under the car for signs of a leak, it was then that i noticed that there was only one downpipe coming from the engine! yup, they sold me a 4cyl when i wanted a 6! i immediately called sand and spoke with patrick howland who seemed genuinely shocked at my discovery and proceeded the assure me that we would take care of the problem, so i went back down to sands to fix it. patrick ha me sit at his desk and went to talk with his manager's Ernest and Pasha, i was not privy to this conversation but was told that this was now my car and they would not do anything to help. (they still have my wheels and tires and actually kept them from me for about 2 weeks) i was very upset and was treated poorly with no attempt to de-escalate the situation. i was basically asked to leave the premise and told i could come back on the next day and speak with another manger Jason. i have 6 hours invested now and was forced to take a vacation day to come back on friday the 28th. that fri morning i was given the runaround and even told that they would find a car for me and was told that they had found one in New Mexico but that i would have to sign for it without even seeing it, they said they would not bring a car from out of state without a signature, we went round and round and again found myself in a corner and agreed to the terms (for 3000 dollars more???) it was gonna take some time to do the paperwork so i asked Jason if i could get my tires and he said yes(i live 1 mile away) so i drove home to load the stock wheels in my truck so we could do the swap, while i was doing this i noticed the new car was leaking again!! i went back with the wheels but as soon as i got there they changed their minds and said the their tire guy was not available---when i pressed the issue the showed me a piece of paper with 2 different inks on it that said i could not have my tires till the deal funded???? i was told the previous day that it was funded when i signed for the higher interest rate, i mentioned this and was told that deals dont fund that fast and take at least a week???? so really pissed now i go back home with their tires and unload them to bring the new car back to have the leak looked at again!!! while waiting in the service department again, the salesman that the managers had walk me all over the lot looking for a car that they did not have came and told me not to worry and that i would not have to sign for the new mexico car and that they were gonna bring it here, clean it and let me look it over before i signed. so again i left with the car i would not have bought in a thousand years and still not sure if my 2500 dollar wheels and tires were even still on the property. i now had about 13 hours of time spent in this nightmare of a dealership. fast forward 2 weeks, still no car from new mexico and my case shifted from one manager to another, only to find out from Jason that there was NO CAR COMING and that my deal was funded and that the were done with me. oh did i mention that i am a repeat customer at this shithole dealership?

rick welch
Wow. They got you hook, line and sinker. I've got a lot to say on this matter. But I've got some work to handle right now. Stop buying cars immediately. You've no idea of the process or how it is supposed to work. You need to lawyer up.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 01:22 PM   #96
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Ok. Back. What they've done to you is a spot delivery 'scam'. Notice the quotes I've used there because while it's not technically illegal, it's definitely the sign of a dealership to avoid.

https://www.carbuyingtips.com/top-10-scams/scam1.htm

Read that link and you'll understand what they have done to you. I hope everyone reading this understands that you should ALWAYS walk into the dealership with your financing already approved at the bank of your choice. If the dealership can beat the rate you've obtained, then by all means accept their financing. Once they told you that they could not get you approved at whatever rate they quoted you, you should have immediately told them to take their car back or give you the rate. It's too late now that you've signed new paperwork with different figures.

Did your dealership provide you with a document titled "WE OWE"? That is where they should have listed whatever wheels and tires from your old car. If not, those are their wheels and tires now.

As far as the whole 4 cyl vs. 6 cyl debacle. Well, you're gonna eat that one. You accepted the vehicle as shown. Onus was on you to pop the hood and count the spark plug wires. (side note, who doesn't pop the hood when looking at a car they are buying, but I digress) Only way I can see you having a legal challenge here is if you are visually impaired. Meaning you're blind, and they outright lied to you that the car was a 6 cyl.

After thinking about this for a bit, I don't think you have much of a legal leg to stand on. However, I'm not a lawyer. So maybe talk to someone you know that is one.

They aren't going to take the car back and give you a 6 cyl. You would just be purchasing another new car from them. And that means, they will give you a very low trade in credit on the 4 cyl you bought from them. Run far away from this dealer and never return. They are only looking to enrich themselves at your expense!

Oh, I almost forgot! The whole loan funding thing. Loans do not typically fund immediately. Your finance agent will know exactly what kind of deal will get bought by the bank immediately upon review of your credit. So perhaps that was a miscommunication by them? Typically you're looking at 48-72 hour turn time on auto loan applications. As far as how I know all this sort of fun stuff, well, I've been in the consumer finance industry for nearly 19 years and I've bought well over 100 cars.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 01:28 PM   #97
Flavio

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS 3.6 V6 Black
I have a Chevy Camaro V6 RS. I decided on this because to me is the right compromise.
the V6 makes a nice sound, and that's something I wanted. I have been looking for a 2.0T and I didn't notice that the engine was running. the Turbo kills the sound.

Flavio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 08:54 AM   #98
zedts1986

Drives: 2024 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio View Post
I have a Chevy Camaro V6 RS. I decided on this because to me is the right compromise.
the V6 makes a nice sound, and that's something I wanted. I have been looking for a 2.0T and I didn't notice that the engine was running. the Turbo kills the sound.
The RC, JacFab BoL, and the catted ZZP downpipe have resulted in what I feel is an excellent cold-start sound.

But I get it. My V6 rental was fun to play with...bring the revs up real high and lay off, get that massive crackle.

Old & Sold: 2019 Camaro 1LT M6, RaceChip GTS, RaceChip XLR, ZZP Catted downpipe, JacFab Boost-o-lator, K&N drop-in air filter, ZZP Intake Tube, PTP turbo blanket, NGK 6510s gapped at 0.022"

Motorcycle enthusiast
zedts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote