Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 12-16-2019, 05:06 PM   #43
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Drives: Supercharged 2016 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulCyphyr71 View Post
Glad to hear your car is back in business. So, I guess the real question now is: How do you like the SC?
Definitely awesome and definitely impressed! It’s nice that it can still be a daily driver until I get on it and then it transforms hahaha
dgriff14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 01:38 AM   #44
thecamaroproject246

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgriff14 View Post
Definitely awesome and definitely impressed! It’s nice that it can still be a daily driver until I get on it and then it transforms hahaha
Do you have any videos of pulls or 0-60? I would love to hear how it sounds and how well it performs, especially since you're one of the first to get one and document your experience!
thecamaroproject246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 03:59 PM   #45
SoulCyphyr71

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro RS
I wouldn't mind knowing as well.
SoulCyphyr71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 06:53 PM   #46
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Quote:
I wouldn't mind knowing as well.
I’ll post some once I get a chance. I live in a busy part of the city and I’m worried about lights flashing behind me lol. My kinda luck lol
Old 12-19-2019, 03:35 PM   #47
tomcamaro1

Drives: camaro rs v6 2017
Hey dgriff14 what did the sc and tune do to the performance shift feature? does your car still have it?
tomcamaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 08:19 PM   #48
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcamaro1 View Post
Hey dgriff14 what did the sc and tune do to the performance shift feature? does your car still have it?
Hey bro, it still there. I wound up getting a custom tune from Will at Overkill but it’s definitely still there and activated relatively easy when you get on it
Old 12-20-2019, 11:54 AM   #49
BOYD3800SII

Drives: 2017 RS CAMARO V6
Quote:
Hey bro, it still there. I wound up getting a custom tune from Will at Overkill but it’s definitely still there and activated relatively easy when you get on it
Can we ask how much you paid to have the vehicle tuned? Also what did he use HPT, EFI live, etc?
BOYD3800SII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 03:04 PM   #50
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
will uses hpt i believe.

probably his standard service costs you can see on his site.

Still surprised at the lack of a transmission tune ... though the word used to be that anything newer than 2016 required physical access to unlock (probably to open it up and get at a serial port) so i guess not a total surprise. Maybe it's less than necessary with newer models anyway. The 2016's stock tcm tune left a lot to be desired for sure.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 05:55 PM   #51
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
will uses hpt i believe.

probably his standard service costs you can see on his site.

Still surprised at the lack of a transmission tune ... though the word used to be that anything newer than 2016 required physical access to unlock (probably to open it up and get at a serial port) so i guess not a total surprise. Maybe it's less than necessary with newer models anyway. The 2016's stock tcm tune left a lot to be desired for sure.
He uses Autocal and HPT but specifically only HPT for boosted vehicles. And you are correct on it being listed on his website (getoverkilled dot ca).

But I may have misspoken, Will actually tunes the TCM. I can feel the gears shifting higher and hanging longer on more aggressive acceleration while even not in performance mode
Old 12-20-2019, 05:57 PM   #52
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOYD3800SII View Post
Can we ask how much you paid to have the vehicle tuned? Also what did he use HPT, EFI live, etc?
But if you do decide to get him to tune it, tell him I said he’s the man haha. He really helped me out when I couldn’t get my car running. I legit felt like a friend looking out for me, not the same feeling from large companies that close at set times each day lol. He just tries not to work on Sundays which I’m totally with lol
Old 12-28-2019, 06:58 PM   #53
SoulCyphyr71

Quote:
But if you do decide to get him to tune it, tell him I said he’s the man haha. He really helped me out when I couldn’t get my car running. I legit felt like a friend looking out for me, not the same feeling from large companies that close at set times each day lol. He just tries not to work on Sundays which I’m totally with lol
How long did it take for Will to send you the custom tune? I sent him the factory tune back on the 17th and have still heard nothing. I had only sent him one file as I am not tuning the transmission at the moment (haven't unlocked it yet). That should have been all he needed from me, correct?
Old 12-28-2019, 09:23 PM   #54
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Quote:
How long did it take for Will to send you the custom tune? I sent him the factory tune back on the 17th and have still heard nothing. I had only sent him one file as I am not tuning the transmission at the moment (haven't unlocked it yet). That should have been all he needed from me, correct?
I would try emailing him. Did you send off your TCM to him?
• Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 Supercharger • Custom tune by Overkill Motorsports • AFE Momentum GT Pro Dry Cold Air Intake • MBRP SS Cat Back Exhaust • iROC-z Wheels • Nitto NT555 G2 Tires (275 fronts, 305 rears)
Old 12-28-2019, 10:28 PM   #55
SoulCyphyr71

I tried emailing him on the 20th, but no luck. I haven't sent the TCM to HP Tuners yet, so I wasn't going to tune my transmission. Just the engine for now as I'm adding the 80mm throttle body and ported intake manifold. So I only sent him one file. The instructions said send two, but I'm assuming the second was the factory transmission tune that I also am assuming I can't read as the TCM is encrypted, correct? The instructions were written for the 2016 Camaro, as it is the only 6th gen that did not have an encrypted TCM.
Old 01-03-2020, 11:46 AM   #56
Red Beard
Instagram @redbeardfifty

Drives: Chevy colroado, Gmc yukon
Hey all, im a 2018 colorado zr2 guy, lgz v6 with the 8l45... Im here to get info as the colorado crowd are sad mpg chasers.

Anyways, I have HPT on my truck with the TCM unlocked and tuned by peitz tuning. I eventually want the tcm retuned by will and the ecu when I make cat deleted down pipes.

Long story short on HPT and throwing codes. If you go to the HPT forum, they say that you MUST have internet connection when first loading HPT (downloading the stock tune, upploading the OS and then the new tune etc). It says it can (and will) show a couple connection errors or failures etc, and then it will finally work.
That happened on mine. Third time was the charm iirc

Last, and most important to the dead pedal etc. MAKE SURE YOU ARE RUNNING THE BETA VERSION of hptuner. I think its 4.4.4 beta now.
Beta seems to have the most complete stuff for the GenV GM stuff.

And then, if you are still having problems, open up advanced view and then do a side by side tune comparison. HP actually makes this easy at it will highlight whats different so you dont have to do a number search.

Im trying to think of what else...

Oh, Go back and make sure everything is plugged in, and that you dont have a low battery. Low batteries mess with the BCM and the ECU on the GENV something horrible. It will send things like the power windows into a tizzy where they wont roll all the way down, and you have to go through the manual reset every time you start the car.

Reminds me, I need a new battery for the suburban. It keeps resetting my xm radio stuff...
Red Beard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3.6l, babeh, mooo, powah, supercharger