AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 02-08-2016, 03:50 PM   #561
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
Yep! This is the biggest question I'm hoping to get answered! I want to be able to make video's like this Corvette Road Atlanta PDR with my 1LE!

Look for the camera near the top center of the front windshield.

Meh, not sure if I want that. I feel it could be a liability, or it may just be too detailed of a black box for my taste...I don't know, I just get an uneasy feeling. Would most likely be an option anyway, so I just won't check the box...
Old 02-08-2016, 03:52 PM   #562
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Meh, not sure if I want that. I feel it could be a liability, or it may just be to detailed of a black box for my taste...I don't know, I just get an uneasy feeling. Would most likely be an option anyway, so I just won't check the box...
While not a PDR, I have a dash cam in my car and now feel uneasy when I drive a car without one. I would love a built in one. To many liars on the road.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:52 PM   #563
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
While not a PDR, I have a dash cam in my car and now feel uneasy when I drive a car without one. I would love a built in one. To many liars on the road.
Exactly! I know in other countries people get insurance discounts for dash cams helps protect them from paying unnecessary damages. May also prevent you from being falsely accused of causing an accident.

I wonder if any company's offer discounts in the US. I suppose I should find out since I can rig my go pro as a looping dash cam.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:16 PM   #564
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs396 View Post
I wonder if it will be available on the V6 model?
I feel like they offered a V6 package, but just not from the factory.

Can anybody recall if I am correct?
Old 02-08-2016, 05:22 PM   #565
ST1LE

Quote:
I'm sure this will be answered but A8 and M6 or just M6?
Will the components be available separately?
NPP available, standard, or not available? (If it's track focused, it may have the performance exhaust standard and not offer the NPP)
Package price?
Any color limitations?
There was no conflict between the NPP option and the 1LE option for the 5th Gen 1LE, in fact it was the first year they were both offered. It should still be an 'option' for the 6th Gen as this is still an SS with a 1LE option added.

The 1LE package is only about what improves performance and the NPP does not, so it will not be standard......plus this would also add cost to the 1LE package and make it less attractive as not everyone wants NPP. Bang for Buck all the way!
Old 02-08-2016, 05:32 PM   #566
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
There was no conflict between the NPP option and the 1LE option for the 5th Gen 1LE, in fact it was the first year they were both offered. It should still be an 'option' for the 6th Gen as this is still an SS with a 1LE option added.

The 1LE package is only about what improves performance and the NPP does not, so it will not be standard......plus this would also add cost to the 1LE package and make it less attractive as not everyone wants NPP. Bang for Buck all the way!
That's why I had the question. I wasn't sure if maybe the Performance Exhaust would be a standard part of the the 6th gen 1LE package and therefore maybe not have an option for the NPP.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:02 PM   #567
ST1LE

Quote:
That's why I had the question. I wasn't sure if maybe the Performance Exhaust would be a standard part of the the 6th gen 1LE package and therefore maybe not have an option for the NPP.
I wasn't trying to be rude if it came across that way. My post was obviously a little bit of opinion mixed in with fact. I think it is safe to assume they will keep it like it was last go 'round though.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:19 PM   #568
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
Exactly! I know in other countries people get insurance discounts for dash cams helps protect them from paying unnecessary damages. May also prevent you from being falsely accused of causing an accident.

I wonder if any company's offer discounts in the US. I suppose I should find out since I can rig my go pro as a looping dash cam.
Also could hurt you insurance wise if you race your car...gotta be careful with all that. Even just a simple track day or autocross. Regular insurance will not cover you, and if you stuff it, there's no getting around it with video evidence.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:50 PM   #569
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Also could hurt you insurance wise if you race your car...gotta be careful with all that. Even just a simple track day or autocross. Regular insurance will not cover you, and if you stuff it, there's no getting around it with video evidence.
I believe you're referring to insurance fraud....
Old 02-08-2016, 07:37 PM   #570
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting46 View Post
I believe you're referring to insurance fraud....
Not necessarily. If you wreck you car (anywhere for that matter) and they see you were speeding even 1 mph over the limit, they could pull the claim. It's like having daddy watching over you with a black box. I personally have no desire for that. But, I see how some may want PDR...just not for me.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:40 PM   #571
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
So you're saying that, if you "stuff" your car during a track day, auto cross or drag run, you advocate "getting around it", if you can?

Yeah, I've heard of people putting their car into the wall at a drag strip and then taking it out and rolling it of in a ditch claiming a hit and run.

No way around it, that's insurance fraud. If you can't afford to pay, you really don't need to play, IMHO. If you have a financed car or the car is your only transportation, you should really think twice about putting it on any sort of track.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:08 PM   #572
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
I wasn't trying to be rude if it came across that way. My post was obviously a little bit of opinion mixed in with fact. I think it is safe to assume they will keep it like it was last go 'round though.
Ack. Sorry, I wasn't trying to make you sound rude. I didn't take it that way at all.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:10 PM   #573
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
So you're saying that, if you "stuff" your car during a track day, auto cross or drag run, you advocate "getting around it", if you can?

Yeah, I've heard of people putting their car into the wall at a drag strip and then taking it out and rolling it of in a ditch claiming a hit and run.

No way around it, that's insurance fraud. If you can't afford to pay, you really don't need to play, IMHO. If you have a financed car or the car is your only transportation, you should really think twice about putting it on any sort of track.
Didn't say me. I use these guys, price is fair and no worries: http://locktonmotorsports.com/product/hpde-insurance

But let's be honest, most aren't going to tell the truth. Just like nobody is ever at fault in an accident.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:13 PM   #574
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Quote:
Not necessarily. If you wreck you car (anywhere for that matter) and they see you were speeding even 1 mph over the limit, they could pull the claim. It's like having daddy watching over you with a black box. I personally have no desire for that. But, I see how some may want PDR...just not for me.
That's incorrect info so I just want to clarify. If you are involved in an accident at s track day yes, they can deny your claim. But if you're just driving on the freeway you could be going 50mph over and as long as it's not because you are racing someone else, if you lose control and hit a wall, you are still covered. Insurance covers stupidity all the time. There is nothing in the policy that takes away collision coverage because you are speeding or doing donuts or most other stupid things.

Closed Thread