Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 10-01-2018, 10:28 AM   #1
Haoie

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary SS
How much will the price of camaros drop by the end of the year?

I've got my eye on the 2SS 2017 50th anniversary since the beginning of the year and was planning on finding one for a great deal by the end of the year. Is there any prediction on what the price of that specific trim will be by then or just any 2017 2SS in general?
Haoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 05:10 AM   #2
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Owners and dealers will underestimate depreciation. The opposite for buyers. Human nature and all that.

You find what you consider to be a decent deal, jump on it. A couple of thousand extra above what you think it is worth, shouldn't matter.

Getting a 2ss is a good idea, doubt there are any rental/fleet beaten up ones out there, well,aybe a few.

If you are getting the A8 automatic, beware of the frustrating transmission shudder issue. Don't know how many cars it affects, but the 3 cars I have seen locally, all have it to some extent.

I looked for several months and ended up buying at a dealer in Louisiana since they offered me a price that was several thousand cheaper than Pvt party sellers. Less hassle too. Saw it on CarGurus, deal was done in a few hours. Flew up the next day, lovely 700 Mile drive, I was home with the car about 24 hrs later.

Price is going to be a huge YMMV. Winter will be a good time to get a lower price. I've seen loaded 2ss anywhere from 30k to 35k between 2017 Dec to May 2018. After that, price seemed to go up a bit due to folks preferring to buy in the summer.

Maybe this winter, we'll see dealers offer them for a bit lower. I don't see Pvt party sellers matching dealership pricing lol

Last edited by indyz; 10-02-2018 at 05:21 AM.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote