Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-17-2018, 03:47 AM   #43
matt fe2o3

Drives: 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
I say 4k without exhaust work, but will be 5k if exhaust doesn't go back in place. Labor to correct exhaust and install new NPP tip & valve on right side will be about 1k. The exhaust could have moved if the bracket and hanger behind the right rear tire were moved as well. They are tired to the brace that is directly behind the corner where that impacted occurred.

The bumper cover will be 800 for insurance acceptable replacement, plus 500 to paint it. Too bad GM doesn't offer factory painted replacement panels like they did with the 5th gen, then it would just be 1000-1200 for a GM painted part. Supporting pieces behind the bumper cover, including bumper core and bumper crush support, along with body brackets and small hardware will run another 2k. Labor will be 800-1200 including the damage assessment.

Enterprise probably holds private coverage for these incidents in most states, so you won't be dealing with another drivers insurance that would possibly be nice and use only factory fresh, new parts. They will likely pay for only recycled parts and wait for you to sue them before they do anything more for you.

A lot of rental places don't value the products they push as much as owners do. If someone does minor damage to a vehicle, they will do a cosmetic adjustment and repaint the impacted panel only. Hertz Car Sales vehicles are notorious for having hidden damage under them that the company covers up -- even though they charge the customer the full estimate of repair if they didn't take the damage waiver insurance rider.

I feel bad for the OP that he was hit by a rental car employee. If you were going to be hit by a company, a rental place is probably one step above a sole proprietor small business that hides behind an LLC to escape paying for their mistakes (fold and rebrand instead of paying up).
So not exactly. OP is in California. Crash parts have to be certified to meet or exceed MFG quality - fairly new rule in California. You can look it up if you like. This is generally bodywork, bumpers, lights, etc.

Enterprise will have zero to say on repair. OP's insurance should handle, subrogate and recover costs and his deductible. If the OP has a rental option on his policy then his insurance will get that back too.

If not Enterprise will have to pay for a rental car themselves, certainly they probably want to use their fleet - but OP is under no obligation to do so - as long as costs are reasonable and customary.

Now all this said, I keep OEM replacement endorsement on my vehicles as well as new car replacement endorsements - each endorsement costs like 18 bucks every six months. Any and all parts (except windshields) in a crash have to be OEM and that is guaranteed (unless OEM does not make the part any longer).

Thus any accident goes through my insurance and they subrogate. Worst possible thing OP could do is deal with Enterprise direct. IMO.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:41 AM   #44
Reddy1LE

Drives: 1SS 1LE
HEY OP, Delete this thread. How selfish of you to make a thread about your camaro on a camaro forum. This person might be losing there job over this. Next time speed around so you won't endanger other peoples lives by having them hit you while your stopped.

I kept saying to myself this sounds stupid but I mean once you type it out...

nope nevermind still stupid
What this car really needs is a notification eliminator. There's a wi-fi notification. Bluetooth notification. Parking brake disabled notification. Always some annoying notification popping up. - Navigator post

Last edited by Reddy1LE; 09-17-2018 at 05:05 AM.
Reddy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 07:25 AM   #45
oneredry
HYPER SS

Drives: 2016 Supercharged 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi kappa alpha View Post
They are going to test the enterprise employee for drugs and alcohol because he was in wreck while using the company car. If the results are positive he will lose his job. So while you are upset the car got damaged the employee is about to lose their job. Slow down and think about that for a second.
wow....

regardless its his/her fault.
3400 status 03/07/16 TPW of 03/14/16
4200 status 03/17/16 in transit!
Delivered 03/23/16
2SS Hyper Blue | 6M | NPP | Mag ride | ceramic white Int. | Black out bow ties | P3 Gauge| Front splitter. | 6 pot upgraded brembo brakes. | Magnuson Supercharger/95MM pulley | Rotofab Intake | ZL1 side skirts | HRE FF04 wheels - Michelin PSS4 | ZL1 add ons rock guards and lift points.
| AWE touring - resinated catback with link pipes.
oneredry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 11:16 AM   #46
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehead640 View Post
He will probably get the standard mouth swap which detects within the last 12 hours of use or so. That is pretty standard operating procedures nowadays. Most companies aren't concerned that you use, but that you don't use within a reasonable time frame that may impair you at work.

HOWEVER, I somewhat agree with this. It really depends on the employees attitude. Personally, I would avoid dragging someone through the mud if I can. If you can file and have the damage covered by insurance without having to utilize the companies insurance, than by all means do that. Which requires a little bit of lying, and a police report.

In this case, I'd imagine that if you manage to not drag the poor SOB that drove into your rear end, it'll result in you paying higher premiums(maybe). So at that end, I say screw that.

Up to you.
Quote:
See, now this guy understands. Could not have said it better myself.
Quote:
No, you're what's wrong with society. You're fixated on the property, the resale value, time wasted, etc. All of which are insignificant compared to this young man losing his job because OP wants to cause a big fuss and drag him through the mud. Oh boo hoo.... OP's resale value is going to go down $500 and he'll have to be in a rental for a week. It's the end of the world . I don't see how you can value property especially something as insignificant as a car over a human life. Now let me be the one to say I'm sorry because people like you absolutely disgust me.
I truly can't believe that the human gene pool has decayed to the decree of outright idiocy as exposed in these posts.

The dude who hit the OP TOOK AND ACCEPTED the job as a rental car driver, he KNEW THE RISKS of his daily duties, impaired or not... He is fully responsible for the property and the lives of others around him while he is on his job which involves driving on public roads. He is just as obliged to the road rules as he is to the company. That is APART OF HIS JOB, if he screws that up, he ain't doing his job.

I'm supposed to pat him on his back "awwww you have an addicition buddy, you know what we'll just keep this under the wraps and I'll pay my deductible so you can go off and rear end a poor family in their sedan the next time you're driving impaired...take care.."

...Absolutely f*cking ridiculous. The next guy he hits could take an innocent life. He needs to lose his job and license as well as possible imprisonment if he was impaired.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 11:33 AM   #47
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Drugs can stay still show up on tests WEEKS after use. I've worked for Enterprise and Hertz. I saw this situation time after time.
Oh, well.
Depending on who is doing the drug testing, the person in HR or whoever gets to make a determination will get a report showing levels for any positive results. Depending on the level, there might need to be a determination made between what constitutes an impairment level vs. chronic/recreational use. These are not set in stone, and typically HR will err on the side of the employee.
Of course, if the employee was under contract with a promise to avoid recreational drug use, the point may be moot.
I run a clinical laboratory and have dealt with HR on precisely these kinds of issues. But any company can set their policies however they like.

Sorry for the bad day, OP.
I think JaxChris is in the ballpark with his estimate, maybe on the high side.

My bet on the Enterprise employee is he tests positive for opiates and cannabinoids. He'll have a script from a local ER for some opioid for his "back pain" and claim he was around friends who smoke dope. Not that we'll ever know how this plays out.

Last edited by ctrlz; 09-17-2018 at 11:45 AM.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:50 PM   #48
Zboy136

Drives: Red Hot 17 1LE
I'm so sick of the word accident.....bull crap, if you are paying attention, not in any way impaired by weather,cellphone etc, and you hit someone, that's not an accident, that's fault.
Zboy136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:43 AM   #49
kaz1961

Drives: 2018 RS
Quote:
They are going to test the enterprise employee for drugs and alcohol because he was in wreck while using the company car. If the results are positive he will lose his job. So while you are upset the car got damaged the employee is about to lose their job. Slow down and think about that for a second.
What a moron!
kaz1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:55 PM   #50
jeep_junkie

Drives: 2000 Trans Am M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
Sorry for the bad day, OP.
I think JaxChris is in the ballpark with his estimate, maybe on the high side.

My bet on the Enterprise employee is he tests positive for opiates and cannabinoids. He'll have a script from a local ER for some opioid for his "back pain" and claim he was around friends who smoke dope. Not that we'll ever know how this plays out.
So I finally have an update worth sharing. It took Enterprise's insurer three weeks to settle my painfully simple claim. The cheap bastards challenged their own appraiser's estimate of the damage caused to exhaust system. Their estimate of the body work is also below what the body shop quoted me, but the difference is actually in the labor cost, not the parts, so the body shop will recover any extra amount from the insurer in a supplement. In any case, California law entitles me to a full repair back to new condition using factory parts as the car is practically brand new (<12k miles, current model year). If this requires a new exhaust, so be it. That's between the repairer and the insurer.

As for the driver who hit me, he was driving the Enterprise shuttle that picked me up from the shop when I dropped my car off! Talk about irony. You can safely assume nothing happened to him, no job lost, no real consequences, nothing.
Old 10-19-2018, 03:09 PM   #51
jeep_junkie

A view of the damage with the bumper removed. Not sure how they're going to pull out that ding in the exhaust tip.
Attached Images

Old 10-19-2018, 04:47 PM   #52
man0steel

Drives: 2016 2LT vert 2.0 R/S A8
I just saw this and couldn't help myself, I generally don't get involved in forum wars.WOW. This kinda reminds me when I was getting divorced from my alcoholic ex-wife. Yes my poor poor alcoholic ex wife who choose to get drunk and drive with my kids. I was told I needed to think of her as "handicapped" because she had a "disease" and I should build a virtual Handicap ramp for her in my head.

The point I am trying to make is some people will never take responsibility for what they do as long as there are over liberal bass ackwards thinking wannabes
pointing back at the real victims with some way off base and utterly absurd scenarios how they ran into a parked car and isn't their fault. Makes me want to
man0steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:28 PM   #53
red6.2

Drives: 2010 camaro
good luck with the situation. please keep us informed on what happens
red6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 02:43 AM   #54
matt fe2o3

Drives: 2SS Hyper Blue
Where did you end up taking it for repairs?
Old 10-21-2018, 09:55 PM   #55
CyberGuyPR

Drives: '16 vert 2LT RS NPP
Reading the "think about the poor soul that hit your car before you do anything" posts gave me eye cancer. Seriously? We work hard for our shit and have to bend over for people who are either irresponsible, negligent or maybe have bad luck? Who the hell looks out for me? Please!
CyberGuyPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:25 PM   #56
jeep_junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt fe2o3 View Post
Where did you end up taking it for repairs?
B&S Hacienda. I talked to Jeff at the Livermore location too, but ended up taking it to the Pleasanton location as it's just down the road from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberGuyPR View Post
Reading the "think about the poor soul that hit your car before you do anything" posts gave me eye cancer. Seriously? We work hard for our shit and have to bend over for people who are either irresponsible, negligent or maybe have bad luck? Who the hell looks out for me? Please!
I know man, I believe in being kind to people and helping out the less fortunate. I even resisted the urge to go ballistic when this whole incident happened, and not even when I saw the guy again a few days ago did I exchange a cross word with him. It was an accident. But prioritizing his perceived anguish over my very real damage suffered? That's a job for saints and prophets, not mere mortals like myself who don't want to get boned by the insurance company.