Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 08-12-2018, 03:54 AM   #1
HiBye

Drives: 981
Used vs New ZL1 pricing the same?

Hey guys,

Looking to get into a ZL1 and noticed some pricing differences on some websites and figured you guys would be able to help me understand the GM discounts a bit better as they discount heavily on new cars. Had the similar discounts on my new C6, but wondering how the ZL1 is priced.

I'm seeing some new models on CarGurus that are being listed as $56k, marked down from $65k, on new ZL1s. These also seem to be 2018 models. How are these dealers pricing it this low when it seems that used ZL1s from the same MY is about the same price? Are the dealers pulling a fast one?
HiBye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:00 AM   #2
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I think you have a few things confused my dude. There are no heavy discounts on the ZL1. GM provides rebates provided you meet certain criteria for the ZL1. Same can be said for any vehicle that any manufacturer sells. I got $3K in rebates on mine. I got loyalty and conquest. Some others qualified for even more rebates...military, college, etc. Same as Ford, Dodge, Nissan, and every other manufacturer offers.

About the pricing you see on Car Gurus...some of that pricing is when all rebates are applied. There aren't many people who qualify for every rebate tho. So chances are you won't get that price. In other cases you are seeing the price of a brand new ZL1 with no additional options. No sunroof, no PDR, no navigation, it has the M6 trans, etc. In those cases you absolutely can see a brand new ZL1 going for high $50K range. You can even see some of them hitting prices cheaper than the GT350. Again, that is a stripped down ZL1 with no additional options. And that is at a dealership too. Go on the Chevy website and take that same vehicle and start adding in options and you'll see what I'm talking about. Mine came with PDR, Nav, Sunroof, CF exposed hood insert, car cover, locking lug nuts (yes it was an option, lol), battery charger, and some other stuff. MSRP was at $69,700 or some shit. But that just shows you how much the price can be dropped if you get a stripped down one.

If you truly are interested in one and you don't care about options and you prefer a manual trans then you can definitely find a new one for high $50K. Try to find one that has been on the market for some time and the dealership might give you an even better price. If you see a price that is too good to be true then call the dealership and ask them for all the details. If it sounds fishy then walk away and keep shopping. Good luck!

BTW, I gave you a reasonable answer despite my feeling that this is somewhat of a troll post. If not then my mistake. But to come on here and insinuate that these cars are basically being thrown away for cheap is a bit insulting. Anyone who knows the car market knows that rebates are always offered and that there are always stripped down examples that go for much cheaper than fully optioned models.A lot of us who bought these cars and are still buying them are NOT getting these heavy discounts that you seem to think are prevalent. A few people are getting some really good deals. Just like some people claim they are getting GT350s, GT350Rs, Hellcats, Z06s, etc for under MSRP. But the bottom line is, GM and the dealerships are not throwing these cars away. Whatever good deal you find, just remember, they still made a ton of money off of you. Again, if I misread your statements then my mistake. But you seem to be talking down the ZL1 and that ain't cool especially when you have it all wrong.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 12:53 PM   #3
HiBye

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure what I said to insinuate this as a troll post. If people are being insulted because I asked some more information about new cars with a lower than expected price, well there's not much I can do about that.

As for discounts, I meant rebates, sorry for the confusion. I was asking because with my previous GM purchase, there were heavy rebates, which seem to be common on GM and non existent on German cars, which is what I've had for the past few cars.

As far as options on these, they seem to have a few good options. Not PDR, but they do seem to come with Navi and A10. A simple search for new ZL1s sorted by low shows a handful of cars in VA and FL sitting at $56k. I don't mean to come off as rude but not sure where you're getting that I'm talking down the ZL1? I was just asking about the weird pricing I'm seeing online and if that is legitimate as I am aware of the used prices. Makes for a weird first impression of the Camaro community.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:51 PM   #4
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Sometimes the Mustang guys like to come over here trolling and these are the kinda posts they make. They like to insinuate that Camaros don't sell and that the dealerships can't sell them without heavily discounting them and such and such. None of that is true but they like to troll. So I kinda thought that but wasn't sure which is why i decided to give you some good info BEFORE jumping down your throat, lol!! Oh well. All good. My mistake.

I went onto Car Gurus to see and there are some examples of used ZL1s in the low $52K range. However they seem to be with some pretty high mileage on them. And most of them seem to be the M6 trans without any options. Some of them do have nav and maybe a sunroof tho. That is with a quick glance that I took. So yea, low $50Ks for one of them is right on par with what you'll be seeing. One that is fully optioned and has lower miles might fetch closer to mid or high $50Ks. AT which point it might be better to find a stripped down one that is brand new.

Of the brand new ones I saw, again, they seem to be mainly M6 trans without many options. And the prices you're seeing also include $1500 in rebates or incentives. So once you add in a few things you want you might see the price go a little higher. But you should still be able to get one for a really decent price. A lot of us got ours brand new when they first hit the dealerships. So there are some like me who got rebates and some who didn't. But the prices you see look legit.

When I got mine the salesman (a good friend of mine for the past few years) said he could get the price lowered by a little. I asked him how much and he said it wouldn't be anything crazy but maybe a few hundred dollars. So I told him don't sweat it. If it wasn't a friend of mine then I might have pursued it. But a few hundred dollars, if they could lower the price by that much, is pretty insignificant over the course of 6 years. In your case I would say try to play ball. You might be able to get the price even lower. Or maybe try to get free lifetime details or have them throw in something. Give it a shot. Anyway, good luck with your shopping. you're gonna love the car. If I can offer any suggestions, I'd say get one with the A10 and PDR for sure. CF exposed hood, sunroof, nav, those things aren't really necessary. But the PDR is a lot of fun to use. Enjoy!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 05:55 PM   #5
HiBye

I'm not very familiar with the Mustang crowd but I can see why there would be some hate seeing as though the alpha platform is kicking butt.

Thanks for the advice, I wasn't sure if it's worth getting used if the new market is only a few G more, even if it's not optioned as well. I'm not much of a frills guy and enjoy the driving more, plus my commute is rather short. I'm coming from a bare bones, no Navi, no phone connected Cayman without power seats so I'm leaning towards the one with less options, at least I'll know it wasn't run hard in the beginning.
Old 08-30-2018, 08:04 PM   #6
Mr Carrots

Drives: Bmw for now
Cargurus used prices in my area are mostly worse than the amazing deal Eric at Grapevine had for me on a A10 18, sadly I couldn't take it so have to wait until 19s have some good incentives

Amazing dealer, cant wait to get my 19 from the guy
Mr Carrots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 01:38 PM   #7
j3db1anks

Drives: 2018 ZL1
FWIW I'm running into the same issue as the Original Poster. Used with low miles wanting new price. What dealers cant seem to grasp is that banks will loan at a lower rate on a brand new car, so the new one comes out cheaper in the end.

As far as manual vs manumatic, I'd rather have three pedals. What options are you referring to on a ZL1? I thought the only option were PDR and Navigation?
j3db1anks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 05:30 PM   #8
JonDaddy82

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Coupe NFG M6
Was in the same boat, bought in August. I was open to options, but basically what I NEEDED was:

Nightfall Gray
M6
Nav

Could care less if it had anything extra than that. Most used I found where 17's for 54ish with some miles on them. Did a 700 mile fly and buy for $57,900 OTD + TTL and got exactly what I wanted.
2018 ZL1 M6 <- Not Daily
JonDaddy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 02:58 PM   #9
Kmeleon

Drives: 2018 NFG 2SS 1LE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDaddy82 View Post
Was in the same boat, bought in August. I was open to options, but basically what I NEEDED was:

Nightfall Gray
M6
Nav

Could care less if it had anything extra than that. Most used I found where 17's for 54ish with some miles on them. Did a 700 mile fly and buy for $57,900 OTD + TTL and got exactly what I wanted.

Where did you end up buying Jon?
Kmeleon is offline   Reply With Quote