Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-21-2018, 09:09 AM   #99
fkscreennames

Drives: 2017 Mustang GT
I like it more and more with every new photo I see. In all black it looks very clean and aggressive. I was not a fan of the 2018 Mustang refresh, but in person it’s a different story and I feel the Camaro will be the same way.
fkscreennames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:19 AM   #100
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
What cracks me up is people comparing the Charger are comparing the lower model to the upper model Camaro. Compare this one to the 2019. It looks why better than the 2019 SS in my opinion and they look nothing alike. What I see funny is that the lower model Camaro is better looking than the upper model for 2019. That should never be the case. Take the Charger for example, since people want to compare it, they get better looking from lower to upper. Im just glad they didnt screw up the ZL1.
IMHO

What cracks me up is that you guys are trying to compare a car that didn't took a change from 2015 to date to a future 2019 car that changed from this year. Why when the 16 Camaro came out it didn't took a comperison with the 15-16 Charger SRT? Let's face it, take out the headlights and they look more alike than with the 19 Refresh (and I Follow my personal statement about the "even with that, they never going to look equal, not even close in each generation"), En Cambio they say that the Camaro looked like the 2015 Mustang... And that's was pathetic like now, but teach me something:

People (not all) is going to use whichever pathetic excuse to make their statement (Opinions but some of they try to be God acting like they're saying the absolute truth) more "valid", NO MATTER HOW. For me that's pathetic, you don't need to compare two thing to make a point on why you don't like one, you just need to say why you don't like it and that's your opinion a we should respect that.

On the side of "I don't like the car because looks like another" come on, if the other car is ugly too it is own business, your "ugly car to blame" doesn't need to be in the equation nor the other too. And, there were many cars in the past time That were too similar (More like now) and people weren't mad about it... Or I don't remember about someone Crying about a 1930 Bentley that looked like a 1930 Rolls Royce.

This is not about only you, it's general speaking.
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:38 AM   #101
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Can't wait till i can trade my 16' 2SS in for a new 19' 2SS... LOL I remember when the 16's came out and all the 5th gen peeps were bitching like mad how shitty it was, sports car not muscle crap was going on. I can care less that they put the front emblem on the bumper. Hell if i crash in the back of someone hard enough they will have that Chevy logo embedded to that ass!
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 11:18 AM   #102
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
Can't wait till i can trade my 16' 2SS in for a new 19' 2SS... LOL I remember when the 16's came out and all the 5th gen peeps were bitching like mad how shitty it was, sports car not muscle crap was going on. I can care less that they put the front emblem on the bumper. Hell if i crash in the back of someone hard enough they will have that Chevy logo embedded to that ass!
You have the right attitude ,I been around the Camaro and its fans and haters for over 45 years and this is the first time i ever heard talk about the emblem placement on the front end .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 11:24 AM   #103
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
You have the right attitude ,I been around the Camaro and its fans and haters for over 45 years and this is the first time i ever heard talk about the emblem placement on the front end .
That's because it was always in a very likeable, tasteful place and now its not. Pretty simple and it just makes a rather ugly refresh just a tad more ugly.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 11:55 AM   #104
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
What are the sales like with the new 2019 update Camaro ?
I don't know. We will have to see next year, I guess. I'm thinking the update on the non SS models will go over very well. The mid cycle update on those actually look very good and sales will be strong in my opinion.

However, we will have to wait to see if anybody would be willing to take a performance hit to get one of those instead of the SS.

It seems GM wanted to add an additional incentive for '16-'18 SS owners to upgrade by offering the new A10 on all SS models for '19. Unfortunately, the LTG and LGX will still have the previous A8 they've had since '16.

Personally, I would have like to have seen GM switch to the new A10 across the board even on the 4 cyl and V6 models. It would've have upped the performance bar nicely against the Ford Mustang Ecoboost that already comes with the A10 option. Maybe GM will in '20.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:33 PM   #105
TechDude

Drives: 2014 SS
Will have to see it in person. Judging by pictures and online videos, I pick the refresh.
TechDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 02:34 PM   #106
x55cam

Drives: Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyGTR View Post
IMHO

What cracks me up is that you guys are trying to compare a car that didn't took a change from 2015 to date to a future 2019 car that changed from this year. Why when the 16 Camaro came out it didn't took a comperison with the 15-16 Charger SRT? Let's face it, take out the headlights and they look more alike than with the 19 Refresh (and I Follow my personal statement about the "even with that, they never going to look equal, not even close in each generation"), En Cambio they say that the Camaro looked like the 2015 Mustang... And that's was pathetic like now, but teach me something:

People (not all) is going to use whichever pathetic excuse to make their statement (Opinions but some of they try to be God acting like they're saying the absolute truth) more "valid", NO MATTER HOW. For me that's pathetic, you don't need to compare two thing to make a point on why you don't like one, you just need to say why you don't like it and that's your opinion a we should respect that.

On the side of "I don't like the car because looks like another" come on, if the other car is ugly too it is own business, your "ugly car to blame" doesn't need to be in the equation nor the other too. And, there were many cars in the past time That were too similar (More like now) and people weren't mad about it... Or I don't remember about someone Crying about a 1930 Bentley that looked like a 1930 Rolls Royce.

This is not about only you, it's general speaking.
Well, you opened this thread asking for an opinion, and those that complied, you expect them to say something about looks/appearance that is so subjective that it would satisfy your argument?
x55cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 03:10 PM   #107
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
I don't know. We will have to see next year, I guess. I'm thinking the update on the non SS models will go over very well. The mid cycle update on those actually look very good and sales will be strong in my opinion.

However, we will have to wait to see if anybody would be willing to take a performance hit to get one of those instead of the SS.

It seems GM wanted to add an additional incentive for '16-'18 SS owners to upgrade by offering the new A10 on all SS models for '19. Unfortunately, the LTG and LGX will still have the previous A8 they've had since '16.

Personally, I would have like to have seen GM switch to the new A10 across the board even on the 4 cyl and V6 models. It would've have upped the performance bar nicely against the Ford Mustang Ecoboost that already comes with the A10 option. Maybe GM will in '20.
I agree that the A10 should have been across the Camaro line up , i do wonder if that was the agreement between GM and Ford when they teamed up on building the 10 speed . I have read that Ford had the engineering lead on it ,So it goes in the Mustang lineup first. I would bet by the end of the 6th gen Camaro the A10 will be available on all models .
Old 07-21-2018, 03:13 PM   #108
JhonnyGTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by x55cam View Post
Well, you opened this thread asking for an opinion, and those that complied, you expect them to say something about looks/appearance that is so subjective that it would satisfy your argument?
I knew that someone was gonna misundertand what I say in that quote, read the second paragraph, i don't have problem with people saying about they don't like the car and why, I just find pathetic that they need to compare two cars to make their point valid, but that's my opinión but if you want to do it, hey you are free, you don't see me whining in all the quotes that are negative in this treat, do ya?
Old 07-21-2018, 03:13 PM   #109
x55cam

Drives: Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyGTR View Post
Okay... now tell me a good WHY about that comparison... apart from the black bar of course
If you don't see it , there's no point in this thread to continue - it's so obvious, but that is of course a subjective opinion, when you ask for one regarding an appearance....about anything!
x55cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 03:21 PM   #110
JhonnyGTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by x55cam View Post
If you don't see it , there's no point in this thread to continue - it's so obvious, but that is of course a subjective opinion, when you ask for one regarding an appearance....about anything!
I asked because some people that don't like the Refresh like to troll and don't have a good argument about the Why just like happened with the 16 Camaro and the 15 Mustang, and you knew What's was my answer about that the black bar was just enough? Not for me
Old 07-21-2018, 03:31 PM   #111
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
That's because it was always in a very likeable, tasteful place and now its not. Pretty simple and it just makes a rather ugly refresh just a tad more ugly.
I would have to think you were not a Camaro fan back in 1982 when GM put the Iron Duke 4 cylinder in a Camaro , 0-60 in about 20 seconds , that gave ugly a whole new meaning . The Camaro hasn't always been a very likable car . The Camaro we have now is a dream across all levels , may not please everyone but thats not a bad thing .
Old 07-21-2018, 04:55 PM   #112
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
You're comparing styling to engines. Everything was slow in 1982.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote