Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 11-01-2017, 12:27 PM   #1
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Exclamation 3rd Party Roto-fab dyno and reviews!!

More dyno results and customer reviews are in for the Roto-fab ZL1 CAI!! We're excited to relay some information shared with us by Aikman Performance and Dedicated Motorsports. It's great to see these companies taking the time to thoroughly test the products they sell. Thanks also to Phastek Performance for the continued support and feedback on all of our Camaro intakes. From a car owner's perspective, I'm sure the first hand knowledge and customer feedback you are able to share is appreciated.

Below are a few dyno sheets and customer testimonials for our 2017+ ZL1 cold air intake. If you have any photos, reviews, or questions about this system, feel free to share!

Camaro6 ZL1 w/ Roto-fab CAI. Photo credit to Dedicated Motorsports

Dyno comparison from Aikman Performance. Roto-fab CAI vs. Stock, testing performed on an otherwise stock ZL1, "no tune"

Dyno comparison from Dedicated Motorsports. Roto-fab CAI vs. Stock, testing performed on an otherwise stock ZL1, "no tune"

Customer Testimonials:

Dave
"I did an independent test Wednesday on the Rotofab intake on my 2017 ZL1 A10.
Stock was 555hp 536tq, changed intake
and made 2 more pulls. 580hp 548tq.
25hp gain. No tune or anything else."

Jeffery

"Couldn't be happier with the purchase of my RotoFab CAI. Easy installation and love the increased SC whine and the seemingly improved throttle responsiveness."

Thomas
'Do you want to actually hear the supercharger whine as it pulls in alot more air than that little factory air intake? This does the trick. Easy to install with excellent instructions. Fits great and seals to hood when closed."

Gilgamesh

"Much louder and more responsive."

Kermit ZL1
"Simply put:
Would I buy this product again? Absolutely
Would I recommend it? In a heart beat
Would I re-buy a carbon fiber version? Shut up and take my money!"
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 01:44 PM   #2
Victoryred1le
Bupp Motorsports

Drives: 2017 Summit White ZL1 A10
sooo about that carbon fiber version????
Victoryred1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 01:31 PM   #3
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoryred1le View Post
sooo about that carbon fiber version????
We don't offer a carbon fiber finish with the ZL1 intake, but the inlet pieces are compatible with a carbon fiber hydroghraphic finish for those who want the carbon fiber look on their Roto-fab products!

Thanks for your interest,
Michael
Old 02-06-2018, 03:42 PM   #4
Canadian ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 1995 Trans Am
Great info and thanks for sharing. For me the main reason for buying this would be the increased super charge whine you get and the look. The HP gains while it’s nice to see the small difference is not the driving factor for me.

As a bonus I purchased the Tony Mamo throttle body to compliment the Roto-fab. From most of the reviews on the forum this seems to be a very good best bang for your buck combo. I won’t have my own review until April as my ZL1 is in storage. Can’t wait to add both upgrades.

Last edited by Canadian ZL1; 02-06-2018 at 04:19 PM.
Canadian ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 04:18 PM   #5
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Love mine!!!
Old 02-06-2018, 06:24 PM   #6
Canadian ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 1995 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Love mine!!!
Good to know. Would love to know the difference between the dry filter and oiled version?

I believe the only difference is the oiled filter can be cleaned and reused again where the dry filter will eventually need to be replaced. Dry filters is for places like Arizona where it is dustier than normal and the oil filters may have a very small advantage in capturing general air borne containment’s better than using the dry filter.

Last edited by Canadian ZL1; 02-06-2018 at 08:27 PM.
Canadian ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 08:26 PM   #7
Victoryred1le
Bupp Motorsports

Drives: 2017 Summit White ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
We don't offer a carbon fiber finish with the ZL1 intake, but the inlet pieces are compatible with a carbon fiber hydroghraphic finish for those who want the carbon fiber look on their Roto-fab products!

Thanks for your interest,
Michael
I know that you don't, but reading what you posted, a customers comment was " carbon fiber version? Take my money". Just was reiterating what someone else also said, that there's a market for carbon fiber intakes.
Victoryred1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 08:47 AM   #8
itsadryheat79

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE (2)79Z28 72RS 67SS 69Z
Send a message via Yahoo to itsadryheat79
After more than 6months and over 8Kmiles of driving every day still Loving mine!
Attached Images

Old 02-07-2018, 04:06 PM   #9
17ZL1

Drives: 2017 Nightfall Gray Metallic ZL1
Smile

Quote:
More dyno results and customer reviews are in for the Roto-fab ZL1 CAI!! We're excited to relay some information shared with us by Aikman Performance and Dedicated Motorsports. It's great to see these companies taking the time to thoroughly test the products they sell. Thanks also to Phastek Performance for the continued support and feedback on all of our Camaro intakes. From a car owner's perspective, I'm sure the first hand knowledge and customer feedback you are able to share is appreciated.

Below are a few dyno sheets and customer testimonials for our 2017+ ZL1 cold air intake. If you have any photos, reviews, or questions about this system, feel free to share!

Dyno comparison from Aikman Performance. Roto-fab CAI vs. Stock, testing performed on an otherwise stock ZL1, "no tune"

Dyno comparison from Dedicated Motorsports. Roto-fab CAI vs. Stock, testing performed on an otherwise stock ZL1, "no tune"

Customer Testimonials:

Dave

Jeffery

"Couldn't be happier with the purchase of my RotoFab CAI. Easy installation and love the increased SC whine and the seemingly improved throttle responsiveness."

Thomas
'Do you want to actually hear the supercharger whine as it pulls in alot more air than that little factory air intake? This does the trick. Easy to install with excellent instructions. Fits great and seals to hood when closed."

Gilgamesh

Kermit ZL1
"Simply put:
Thanks for the info. Will the RotoFab cause any lights to come on?
17ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 04:10 PM   #10
17ZL1

Drives: 2017 Nightfall Gray Metallic ZL1
Quote:

Customer Testimonials:

Dave

Jeffery

Thomas

Gilgamesh

Kermit ZL1
"Simply put:
What was the deal with the 631hp? Did I misread the thing?
17ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 04:30 PM   #11
67Builder
White knuckled & smiling

Drives: '17 ZL1 AKA Perfection!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17ZL1 View Post
What was the deal with the 631hp? Did I misread the thing?
Probably just a very "friendly" dyno. The trick is to pay attention the numbers gained, not the actual numbers. So going from 608 to 631 is 23 hp gain.
Like the other one went from 554 to 578HP 24 HP.

Dynos vary greatly from one to another. So the actual numbers while fun to talk about are less important that gains.
6000 - 04/05/2017 - Delivered!
67Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 06:10 PM   #12
dd2bo

Drives: Camaro
My instructions for my dry filter said to just blow air from inside to clean. I think you can wash it also.
dd2bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:22 PM   #13
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Builder View Post
Probably just a very "friendly" dyno. The trick is to pay attention the numbers gained, not the actual numbers. So going from 608 to 631 is 23 hp gain.
Like the other one went from 554 to 578HP 24 HP.

Dynos vary greatly from one to another. So the actual numbers while fun to talk about are less important that gains.
Correct! Look at the area under the curve and how much and for how long it is has increased. That is much more telling and ultimately relevant than a specific dyno number.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 02:04 PM   #14
Roto-fab 1

Just an update for those interested in the Roto-fab ZL1 Cold air intake system: We have confirmed fitment of our CAI on all 2018 ZL1s!!

Thanks for your ongoing support!
Michael