Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 10-07-2018, 12:33 PM   #57
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM.D. View Post
It’s actually pretty simple. You’re going to remove the factory hose (the one with the fill port) that goes from the intercooler manifold on the blower to the pump. ADM gives you 2 new hoses: 1 goes from the port on the intercooler manifold to the new tank. The other goes from the pump to the new tank.

And yes, you’ll want to at least partially remove the intake. I just removed the elbow section between the TB and air box on my Roto-Fab. Try to find the cleanest way to route the new hose, and secure it with some zip ties.

If I have some pics, I’ll post them.
Doh! I installed the tank days ago for fit and I forgot there was a second port on the back bottom you can't see once it is installed.

The first pic tells the story showing the 2 fittings.

Thanks!

Old 10-08-2018, 09:34 AM   #58
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
ADM, Andy.. might you be kind to answer a few questions...I have this kit but, I want to add my larger capacity reservoir in the trunk. The tank is an Aluminum box with 4 small trans coolers for the superchargers coolant to pass through while ice sits on them. I went this route rather than pouring ice into a tank messing with small chunks or corrosion possibly circulating through the exchangers or intercooler cores. Its same principal as a chiller but ice instead of freon and I have a vent valve to run dry ice and drain on bottom to run ice/salt and refill.

Any how my question is about a pump? Will the stock pump have the flow or pressure to circulate the additional hose travel and capacity? I'm not great at math so I filled all the hose and trans coolers with water and drained them into a container and got 2.5 gallons more capacity and total of 22 feet of additional hose.

If not what pump do you recommend or sale, where to tie it in line at I assume down hill side of tank and where to wire it to to run with the supercharger pump or key on accessory?

thanks

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:24 AM   #59
Razor427

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
ADM, Andy.. might you be kind to answer a few questions...I have this kit but, I want to add my larger capacity reservoir in the trunk. The tank is an Aluminum box with 4 small trans coolers for the superchargers coolant to pass through while ice sits on them. I went this route rather than pouring ice into a tank messing with small chunks or corrosion possibly circulating through the exchangers or intercooler cores. Its same principal as a chiller but ice instead of freon and I have a vent valve to run dry ice and drain on bottom to run ice/salt and refill.

Any how my question is about a pump? Will the stock pump have the flow or pressure to circulate the additional hose travel and capacity? I'm not great at math so I filled all the hose and trans coolers with water and drained them into a container and got 2.5 gallons more capacity and total of 22 feet of additional hose.

If not what pump do you recommend or sale, where to tie it in line at I assume down hill side of tank and where to wire it to to run with the supercharger pump or key on accessory?

thanks
Sounds nice! Any pics?

Ray
Razor427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 09:09 PM   #60
Lugojf

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Question

Any 'How-To' Videos?
Lugojf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 07:25 PM   #61
Stephen12ZL1

Drives: '21 ZLE A10
it is so simple a "how to" is honestly a waste of time...remove the factory hose that contains the bleed valve apparatus that goes from the manifold in front of the supercharger to the top of the intercooler pump. Remove the air box, elbow, etc. first for access. The manifold hose is removed simply by detaching the purple clip and gently pulling off. Place new hoses on the reservoir with included hardware and clamps. Mount new reservoir in the position now chosen with a stud on the strut tower. Tie wrap hoses away from engine pullies and refill system with 50/50 dexcool. Start engine with cap removed and refill system until it is nearly full and replace cap.
'21 ZLE A10 Wild Cherry PDR 2:00.78 VIR Full 10.68@131.69 1.68 60'
'17 ZL1 A10 Mosaic Black PDR/Nav 2:03.08 VIR Full 11.003@129.2 1.75 (sold)
'15 Z/28 #325 Black a/c & stereo. 2:10.1 VIR Full (sold)
'12 ZL1 A6 Black 10.52@131 1.55 60' 2:13 VIR Full (sold)
Stephen12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 07:20 PM   #62
BSR-1

Drives: 17 ZL1 M6 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugojf View Post
Any 'How-To' Videos?
Was planning to make one but I could never get a kit shipped to me.

Best to make sure they are REALLY in stock before ordering.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:48 PM   #63
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post

thanks
This is exactly how we did this build - https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283673

We had bell intercoolers make a very effiecient heat exchanger that mounted in a tank mounted in the trunk of the zl1. We packed it fill of ice,it worked flawless,still does. We recommend the EWP Pump with 1" inlet,outlet is not as big a deal as it has plenty of push.

Hope this helps.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 08:32 PM   #64
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
This is exactly how we did this build - https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283673

We had bell intercoolers make a very effiecient heat exchanger that mounted in a tank mounted in the trunk of the zl1. We packed it fill of ice,it worked flawless,still does. We recommend the EWP Pump with 1" inlet,outlet is not as big a deal as it has plenty of push.

Hope this helps.

Pic -
Attached Images

ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 08:54 AM   #65
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Thank you Andy... I want that! wonder if you could make it fit between the bumper support and foam/plastic part inside the front fascia then the stock pump might be able to handle the circulation.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 12-02-2018, 12:51 PM   #66
Lugojf

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
'ADM Intercooler Expansion Tank Installation'

https://www.facebook.com/jose.f.lugo...6128277046243/
Lugojf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 01:10 PM   #67
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

I need this reservoir for my 2650 link to buy it?

Old 12-04-2018, 07:55 AM   #68
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

ADM Performance... looking back at the LT4 conversions thread link you had a tank that mounted near the radiator.. I have a catch can in the location where this kit mounts.. Will the fitted hoses mount in either location? Or 2 seperate kits or numbers? Or move the can?

Old 12-04-2018, 10:10 PM   #69
DOHCVTEC

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
is it sold out?
DOHCVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 01:33 AM   #70
DOHCVTEC

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17_zl1 View Post
Guys just go ahead and get this, it will make your life much easier trust me. I had my system vacuum bled when i removed my blower to do my pulley swap. The dealer did not even get all the air out and my pump began to cavitate and shut down, I ended up having to put a clear hose on the fill valve attached to a funnel filled with coolant and pushed down the pin with a 1/4 inch extension while jumping the IC pump to burp the system. NOT FUN.
how do you know your pump was cavitating? meaning, what were the symptoms?
DOHCVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote