Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 10-10-2018, 05:03 PM   #71
Frisbey

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 Nightfall Grey
Margins, Sales and profits
These are three different things, yes they’re related in the end, but each has its own place.

Margins are determined by cost of production, parts and labor then wholesale markup.
This is something we will never know, even the dealers will never know this number.
If Chevy’s business model for the camaro’s has a decent gross profit margin, then the number they produce doesn’t have to be high to keep the line open.
I suspect this is the case and here’s why, my special order sat at an 1100 status for over 3 months because the dealer didn’t have an allocation. This is a story I’ve heard over and over. If it was all about numbers, they would gladly fill those orders, but they don’t. If they were running at a loss, they would sell every car they could.
This makes me believe they’re making a decent profit on the Camaro line.

Certainly the more you sell, the greater the profit, but if the line is in the black, then things keep rolling along.

Also, advertising costs can kill margins quickly if you’re not being very targeted in your approach. This is one of the most difficult aspects of business. Throwing dollars at marketing is a thing of the past. That being said, I’d sure like to see improvement in this area, not a fan of the JD Powers stuff.

Another observation, R and D has been amazing the past few years,
Chevy certainly is stepping up their game, sure there’s always areas we would do differently, but they’ve made a hot rod that holds its own, even when compared to the European sports cars that cost tons more. I’m not so sure they would be as proactive as they are if they were running at a loss.

I can’t wait to see what the next gen Camaro will be,
Just like my 2013 RS/SS, they had to develop the 2018 ZL1 to make me sell it.
2000 - 02/06/18 | 4300 - 02/20/18 Built
3000 - 02/07/18 | 5000 - 03/08/18 At Dealer
3100 - 02/09/18 | Delivered
Frisbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:33 AM   #72
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
I still want to know why this thread was buried to this subsection.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:28 PM   #73
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I still want to know why this thread was buried to this subsection.
Probably because the admins are tired of people declaring that the Camaro is dead every time the sales numbers come out. No other forum that I know of puts this much emphasis on sales. And to be honest, I'm really sick of seeing these threads.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:45 PM   #74
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Probably because the admins are tired of people declaring that the Camaro is dead every time the sales numbers come out. No other forum that I know of puts this much emphasis on sales. And to be honest, I'm really sick of seeing these threads.
That could be it.

I still want an answer though. It was never moved when Camaro was ahead in the sales race. And even when the 6th gen didn't get off to a hot start it wasn't moved. Now once GM goes to quarterly reporting this thread gets buried in a non relevant sub section(to the topic at hand).
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 10-12-2018, 03:42 PM   #75
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
That could be it.

I still want an answer though. It was never moved when Camaro was ahead in the sales race. And even when the 6th gen didn't get off to a hot start it wasn't moved. Now once GM goes to quarterly reporting this thread gets buried in a non relevant sub section(to the topic at hand).
Over the last 50 years the mustang historically has been on top most of the time. It just sells more plain and simple. The fact that they sell a ton more fleet cars now means they will still be on top. It's not a big deal really.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 04:32 PM   #76
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
That could be it.

Maybe the people starting these posts are trolls. Maybe everyone is tired of seeing a bunch of people nitpicking over something that doesn't matter. Or maybe they don't like seeing the sales reports...as you're kinda alluding to. Maybe someone got fed up with people not starting the thread where it belongs and decided to start moving them. For the record, this isn't the only thread or kind of thread that gets moved frequently. Or maybe they're tired of M6Gers coming over here copying and pasting posts and starting up fake accounts just to talk shit. Maybe it's a distraction and they don't want new owners coming on the site and the first thing they see is a 10+ page long thread with people crying about how the Camaro is doomed. Maybe it's for morale. Maybe the damn thread is just in the wrong place. Who knows? Why does it matter to you so much? You could just send a message to one of the admins and ask them if you wanted to know soo badly. 2 of them in particular frequent the threads so you could just ask them.

Like I said, sales means nothing without the entire picture. So these threads are worthless anyway.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 04:58 PM   #77
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
Over the last 50 years the mustang historically has been on top most of the time. It just sells more plain and simple. The fact that they sell a ton more fleet cars now means they will still be on top. It's not a big deal really.
This
Just like the f150, but yes unless their going discontinue it, it doesn’t matter.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 01:45 PM   #78
chain777

Drives: Slow
Quote:
Maybe the people starting these posts are trolls. Maybe everyone is tired of seeing a bunch of people nitpicking over something that doesn't matter. Or maybe they don't like seeing the sales reports...as you're kinda alluding to. Maybe someone got fed up with people not starting the thread where it belongs and decided to start moving them. For the record, this isn't the only thread or kind of thread that gets moved frequently. Or maybe they're tired of M6Gers coming over here copying and pasting posts and starting up fake accounts just to talk shit. Maybe it's a distraction and they don't want new owners coming on the site and the first thing they see is a 10+ page long thread with people crying about how the Camaro is doomed. Maybe it's for morale. Maybe the damn thread is just in the wrong place. Who knows? Why does it matter to you so much? You could just send a message to one of the admins and ask them if you wanted to know soo badly. 2 of them in particular frequent the threads so you could just ask them.

Like I said, sales means nothing without the entire picture. So these threads are worthless anyway.
Unless the Camaro happens to be in the lead. Then they're front page news.

I see the old gestapo like tactics of the old days are creeping back. If you can't see it, it doesn't exist.

Maybe, just maybe, shining a light on the negatives might help bring the problems to the attention of those who can try to help fix them. Or we can pretend that nothings wrong until the Camaro disappears again.

I don't want to see any of these performance cars go away and go back to ten years ago when the Mustang was the only choice and had no reason to improve.
chain777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 03:28 PM   #79
shaffe

Quote:

Every one of these sales threads that has been moved I have asked why it was it moved. The monthly sales thread was always in general discussion as that is the forum it fit best. When it was on Camaro5 it was always in General Discussion, even the first few years of the 6th gen, it was in General Discussion. Now it gets buried to a subsection that IMO the topic is not relevant to. Maybe I will PM and admin, or maybe I will just keep asking why it gets moved.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:55 PM   #80
Mr Carrots

Drives: Bmw for now
Another month with garbage incentives for fall, sales must be still trending downwards with the refresh

Hopefully next month GM wake up and start offering the kind of incentives they were in the start of summer
Mr Carrots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:15 AM   #81
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Every one of these sales threads that has been moved I have asked why it was it moved. The monthly sales thread was always in general discussion as that is the forum it fit best. When it was on Camaro5 it was always in General Discussion, even the first few years of the 6th gen, it was in General Discussion. Now it gets buried to a subsection that IMO the topic is not relevant to. Maybe I will PM and admin, or maybe I will just keep asking why it gets moved.
While I agree that sales threads dont really fit in this sub section, I also dont get why you are so hung up on it. As said above, PM a moderator if it bugs you so much. Ive been following this thread and have no issue finding it. Its not a big deal.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:37 AM   #82
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
All the talk about what decides a cars success is mostly opinions. Its funny each monthly meeting at my work starts with the same thing everytime......sales. Its the #1 topic. Then from there its warranty problems. There is nothing else discussed. Its sales and reliability that dictate a cars success or failure. And JD Power surveys are also a hot topic from fall till early winter.These threads solve nothing because nobody knows what GMs sales targets were to begin with. I know sales targets can be increased from the previous year. And if they don't meet their target it will be a minus compared to the previous years sales. Does it meet sales are down? Not really it just means the car didnt meet the higher target number.

Last edited by rontammy0; 10-17-2018 at 07:48 AM.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 02:21 PM   #83
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
I guess that GM does not like the fact that the Camaro is going to be outsold by the 10 year old Challenger and that the sales are lower than they would like them, so they are looking to update the nose to the SEMA concept nose.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/10/24/...-updated-nose/
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:53 PM   #84
Chazzz

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 A8 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
I guess that GM does not like the fact that the Camaro is going to be outsold by the 10 year old Challenger and that the sales are lower than they would like them, so they are looking to update the nose to the SEMA concept nose.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/10/24/...-updated-nose/
It’s not like the Camaro was out selling either the Mustang or the 10+ year old Charger/Challenger before the refresh. Sadly, the problems are far more than skin deep.....
Chazzz is offline   Reply With Quote