Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 09-25-2018, 12:12 PM   #1
Bumfuzzled

Drives: Old
CarGurus - On dealer lot for over 400 days

Hey guys, 1st post. I've never owned a performance/muscle car of any kind, but I'm looking at buying a 2018 2SS, and see that CarGurus.com had some that have been on there for over 400 days. Is that all good, as far as negotiating goes, or is there anything to be concerned about? Thanks for the help.
Bumfuzzled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 12:36 PM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
It all depends how it's been taken care of while it's been on the lot for 400 days. If it's just been put out there, the battery never really maintained, and not washed too often, it could be a mess. I personally wouldn't buy a car with 400 days on the lot.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 12:47 PM   #3
Airfuel

Drives: '19 2SS M6.
I wouldn’t. It probably was cold started many times to move it around the lot, maybe some test drives.

Think of it sitting in the blazing heat all day with windows up.
Nothing like ordering a factory fresh car!
Airfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:48 PM   #4
6sigma

Drives: rally green LT1 manual
My 17 was on the lot for over 500 days. It had less than 50 miles on it when I looked at it. It largely sat without any attention. I know the battery died, because the plastic keyhole cover that is used to manually unlock the car was not completely snapped back into place. Other than that, nothing else appears any different. No flat spots on the tires, no issues with the battery, no sign of lot rot on the interior or exterior. I looked it over really well to make sure all was well, and if yours looks the same then I say go for it. Also - I got a huge discount on the car since it was there so long, so I gladly accepted the thousands of dollars in savings for the time on the lot.

I did change the oil right away since it was almost 2 years old!
6sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 10:16 PM   #5
IAI80

Drives: 2016 1LT V6 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sigma View Post
My 17 was on the lot for over 500 days. It had less than 50 miles on it when I looked at it. It largely sat without any attention. I know the battery died, because the plastic keyhole cover that is used to manually unlock the car was not completely snapped back into place. Other than that, nothing else appears any different. No flat spots on the tires, no issues with the battery, no sign of lot rot on the interior or exterior. I looked it over really well to make sure all was well, and if yours looks the same then I say go for it. Also - I got a huge discount on the car since it was there so long, so I gladly accepted the thousands of dollars in savings for the time on the lot.

I did change the oil right away since it was almost 2 years old!

Here is a 2017 2SS over 500 days and around 700 miles. If I was in the market for one, I'd take a hard look at it. One thing to consider is the CPO warranty on the powertrain is 6 years / 100K. Helps with A8 concerns. With winter coming (again) it could be a good deal. Not an easy place to get to though.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=169317398
IAI80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:49 PM   #6
juggsauce

Drives: 17 2SS, 08 Tundra
Damn that's tempting. I wish red was my color.
juggsauce is offline   Reply With Quote