Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-24-2017, 08:03 AM   #1
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Continental Extremecontact SPORT?

New tire, not much to go on. Anyone have any input?
There aren't a lot of options for stock 5th gen tires on tirerack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2017, 09:31 AM   #2
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Me to look at my thread there are a ton of choices!

Here is what I saw...

315 35 20...

I have ordered drag tires 305 40 18s but looking for ultimate grip street tire with off line grip and corning when not running drag tires. I don't care about wet traction I don't ever drive in rain. I don't care about lasting.. I want a tire to go to car show or trips on that handles good and if someone wants to race I don't spin all that much.. kinda impossible since im 700 plus at wheels.. but i know there is something better than my F1 supercars..

1. Question that never been answered is it better for 315s in a medium 300 tire vs a 305 in a 100.. what I mean is what would grip more a stickier 305 or 315 that's not so sticky..

Michelin pilot super sport 300 AA A
Bridgestone S007 240 AA A
Continental ExtremeContact 340 AA A
Pirelli PZER0 Ferrari 160 AA A unlike the 220 compound that came stnd
pirelli PZER0 PZ4 AA A not available but the autocross tire is 60 or 80 AA A
PZERO CORSA PZC4 autocross streetable 60 AA A
Nitto 05s 200 AA A

I'm Not opposed to the 315 30 20
Toyo R888s 100 AA A

or anything in the 305 35 20

Goodyear f1 G2 fairly good autocross and street but no straight line grip
Bridgestone RE050A 140 AA A
The rest are listed above..

305 30 20 is good tooo..

Cont Contiforce Contact 305 30 20 autocross 80 AA A
Dunlap Sport Max Race 80 AA A
Mich Sport Cup 2 180 AA A
PZERO Corsa System 60 AA A
Brig RE070 140 AA A
Eagle F1 Supercar 3 220 AA A

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 01:08 PM   #3
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Continental Extremecontact SPORT?

I went ahead with the purchase, stock 2011 SS sizes. I'll report back when I get around to getting them put on. I've got to reduce the amount of rubber currently on my 4 year old Firestones, wink, wink.

These things are feather light! Seriously lightweight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2017, 01:20 PM   #4
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
The Conti DW tires were a very very good tire. These should be even better.
Let me know how you like them - I'm definitely willing to save $100 on a pair of these instead of continuing with my Michelin Pilot SuperSports.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:25 PM   #5
rb

Drives: silver '11 2SS LS3
I've had these tires on my car for about 2 weeks. They are the stock sizes on the original wheels. My initial impression is how smooth and quiet these tires are compared to the old P Zeros. Granted, the P Zeros were 6 years old and worn out, but still a nice surprise. I've not pushed these hard but the grip seems to be very good, even in the rain.
The look of the tire is important to me and these look great. I particularly like the fact that they don't have any of the texturing on the sidewalls that so many tires have nowadays. The sidewalls are nice and smooth. The tread pattern looks good too, closer in looks to a race tire than a street tire.
I really like them so far.
rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:51 AM   #6
Hilflos

Drives: 2015 1SS / RS NPP
I've got a set of the Conti Extreme contact sports in 285/35 R20 on some 6th gen 1LE wheels on my '15 SS.

They're working as my warm weather street / spirited driving set, and so far, I like them. The Conti DWS06's in stock SS sizes are my cold weather set, and my level of satisfaction with them was a primary consideration when getting my warm weather set recently.

So far, only have about 500 miles on them, if that much. I like them. They're quiet, sticky, perform well in the rain and in the dry, but I've only pushed them to maybe 6/10's on some corners so far. I am entirely satisfied with them so far.
Hilflos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:32 AM   #7
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Going to put my continentals on Discount matched at 344.00 of tire rack..315 35 20s they also lowered the price a tad since shipping was a tad more than tax.

I got 305 40 18s for 250.00 nitto 555rs BBwheelsonline not tax or ship. Discount beat that price to..

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 04-30-2017, 07:00 PM   #8
rb

Drives: silver '11 2SS LS3
I had a chance to see how these tires work in cool wet weather. I had to work this weekend so the Camaro sat outside in the parking lot the last two days with the temperatures in the 40's and raining. Driving home I had a chance to "test" the tires in these conditions. Well, they didn't disappoint. I am very impressed with the grip of these "summer" tires in such lousy weather. All I'll say is, with my old P Zeros, I'm just not used to this kind of grip in this kind of weather. These tires have been excellent so far.

By the way, I found this to be a great review on these tires from MotoIQ.
http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...act-Sport.aspx
rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:26 AM   #9
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Holds a lot better than my F1s and discount matched the 344.00 from tire rack don't forget when discount matches they add the shipping from tirerack that's when you say oh ya there tax on your products that usually cancels out the shipping and they match.. the good thing is your not bent over returning something to tirerack if your unhappy.. it usually cost 60 plus a tire to return to tirerack.
Attached Images