Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-03-2019, 12:58 PM   #239
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy85 View Post
"Chevy Fixed the Camaro SS's Face" - Road & Track
"The 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Is Less Ugly" - Car & Driver
"Chevy Fixes Camaro's Ugly Front End For 2020" - Carbuzz
"2020 Chevy Camaro SS gets emergency facelift" - Autoblog
"CHEVY HAS HEARD YOUR COLLECTIVE GAGGING, INTRODUCES FACE-LIFTED 2020 CHEVROLET CAMARO SS" - Motortrend
"2020 Camaro SS Gets Design Changes Following Negative Feedback" - GM Authority
"The 2020 Chevrolet Camaro SS Update Finally Fixes That Awful Nose Job" - The Drive

...most importantly...

"Customers spoke, and we listened" Steve Majoros, director of Chevrolet passenger car and crossover marketing

People can deny it all they want, the general consensus was the refresh was not that attractive. I remember multiple articles calling it "questionable styling"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
I don’t think it’ll have the diff cooling or the auxiliary cooling. Probably will have the base gauges/display.

When you go to the base displays (gauge and center), you drop the associated features [that the 1SS has].

Probably no Track or other special dynamics controls. Software isn’t free.

Basic exhaust.
This ^ I am pretty sure it' wont have the cooling
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 01:01 PM   #240
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy85 View Post
"Chevy Fixed the Camaro SS's Face" - Road & Track
"The 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Is Less Ugly" - Car & Driver
"Chevy Fixes Camaro's Ugly Front End For 2020" - Carbuzz
"2020 Chevy Camaro SS gets emergency facelift" - Autoblog
"CHEVY HAS HEARD YOUR COLLECTIVE GAGGING, INTRODUCES FACE-LIFTED 2020 CHEVROLET CAMARO SS" - Motortrend
"2020 Camaro SS Gets Design Changes Following Negative Feedback" - GM Authority
"The 2020 Chevrolet Camaro SS Update Finally Fixes That Awful Nose Job" - The Drive

...most importantly...

"Customers spoke, and we listened" Steve Majoros, director of Chevrolet passenger car and crossover marketing

Very nicely put and you didn't even have to type in all caps
Old 05-03-2019, 01:02 PM   #241
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expunge View Post
Blame your state government(Cali) for $4 gas. I filled up yesterday in Houston for $2.49.9
4 dollars a gallon wouldn't be as bad of a deal if the money was forced to go to what it is supposed to go to, infrastructure improvements as there are a _LOT_ of bridges in california and a _LOT_ of cars that use them every single day.

Gas was much cheaper in PA for me too, but their roads are garbage and the lack of funding for their annual repair due to them destroying it with their own salting of said roads on top of the general age of most of the roads hitting up against the lifespan of regular concrete ...shows.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 01:25 PM   #242
human29

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Convertible
Shame they caved to the pressure. I was in the same boat looks horrible in photos but looks absolutely mean in person. Hope they give us the option of keeping the black front.
human29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 01:38 PM   #243
lawguy85

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by human29 View Post
Shame they caved to the pressure. I was in the same boat looks horrible in photos but looks absolutely mean in person. Hope they give us the option of keeping the black front.
Plenty of '19s on sale at Koons, go take your pick
lawguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 01:38 PM   #244
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
Hey, the guy with 11 posts clearly has some inside information.
Right?!? 😂
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 01:44 PM   #245
GTASS1LE

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
'19 looks great to me. I actually like the front of mine with black/gray. Once I'm out on the road, last thing I even worry about is my car's looks anyway......but still I think my '19 looks awesome anyway. So happy as a clam.
I thought ‘19 SS looked better when it first was announced and feel like it still is compared to ‘20, especially in 1LE. Not sure why Camaro fans get so worked up about it though, since as you mention...who cares when you’re on the road driving!

This is a very subtle update for both car enthusiasts who care about performance as well as the general public.

Last edited by GTASS1LE; 05-03-2019 at 02:05 PM.
GTASS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 02:07 PM   #246
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTASS1LE View Post
Not sure why Camaro fans get so worked up about it though, since as you mention...who cares when you’re on the road driving!

This is a very subtle update for both car enthusiasts who care about performance as well as the general public.
GM made a change to the Camaro based on major opinion of not just Camaro enthusiasts but car buyers. Camaro fell behind to 3 place. To all the guys that said not big deal GM is where they want to be, next time don't drink the kool-aid.
Dodge took market share from GM and GM wants to get it back plain and simple.
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 02:27 PM   #247
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTASS1LE View Post
I thought ‘19 SS looked better when it first was announced and feel like it still is compared to ‘20, especially in 1LE. Not sure why Camaro fans get so worked up about it though, since as you mention...who cares when you’re on the road driving!

who cares what a car looks like?

Old 05-03-2019, 02:37 PM   #248
nitrojedi

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS Convertible
I wonder if the new RS V8 will have the 8 Speed as the base Auto offering .

I am not a fan of the new 2020 look overly much as it's just a band aid fix the mistake they made of the 2019, I will agree the 2020 does indeed look better then the 2019 but I still think it's kind of silly looking compared to the 206-2018's . Whoever greenlighted the 2019 design should lose their job over it at least IMO..
nitrojedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 02:39 PM   #249
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I'm just trying to understand why the LT1 model cost significantly less than a 1SS when everything asside from the facia is pretty much the same
It probably doesn't COST significantly less than a 1SS, though it is PRICED significantly less than a 1SS. GM will continue to make more PROFIT on 1SS than 1LT LT1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I'm still trying to figure out how they pulled 2,500 to 3 grand out of this car.

What we know:

1) All season instead of performance summer run-flats
2) Base 7" infotainment screen
3) LT front end (not seeing how this saves a ton of money over the SS front end...maybe those "frying pan" DRLs are expensive!?)

Assumed:
1) Uses the base drivers information center instead of the 8" DIC used in the SS
2) Does not have all the same coolers that the SS has.
3) Maybe does not have Track and Competitive driving modes, but I don't see how this saves any money at this point.

What else am I missing? Not sure how all of that ads up to thousands in savings.

It's clear that the LT1 trim is still using the Brembo brakes, and I'd bet money that it is using the same suspension as a non-MRC equipped SS.

Reducing the PRICE by $3k is probably equivalent to reducing the COST of content by about $1,500 - 2,000. The 1LT LT1 models will reduce Camaro's ATP position since a lot of the sales will likely be from people who would have bought a more pricey 1SS or even 2SS.

We really gotta come up with a better name for this than 1LT LT1.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 02:41 PM   #250
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
We really gotta come up with a better name for this than 1LT LT1.
Trying to keep GM's new naming structure with letters and numbers straight like

it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 02:42 PM   #251
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Lots of people on the internet complained about to 2019 grill. Looks a lot better in person. Just like in 1970 people were all on the internet complaining about the new 1970 Camaro until they saw it in person.

Last edited by MackSteelPrivateEye; 05-03-2019 at 02:43 PM. Reason: f
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 02:42 PM   #252
GTASS1LE

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
who cares what a car looks like?

I like the look of the 6th Gen, subtle changes from ‘16-‘22 didn’t factor into my decision for buying. I thought it was hilarious when I saw posts about people mentioning that the ‘19 SS all of a sudden made the Challenger a better looking car.
GTASS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote