Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 10-14-2021, 11:00 AM   #57
BrentV

Drives: 2021 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
I'm open for suggestions...so no offence taken at all. so your saying that if my alignment is off that might cause my car to spin on the freeway? its no joke or exaggeration at all...the car takes off with no hesitation at highway speeds and the car will spin. if there is a way to stop it, I am all in.

My car does have a strange vibration on the highway that I am confident it is not the balancing. its almost like a strut or something is loose or bouncing. Also, when i turn my wheels side to side I can here some squealing/high pitch noise. like something needs to be greased.
BrentV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 01:20 PM   #58
MrChevyDC3

Drives: 2022 Vert 2SS
Vid would help ;-)
MrChevyDC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 03:14 PM   #59
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Been following this thread as an SS owner with oem 1le wheels and tires (M6). I too could not get the tires to spin in 1st gear from a roll with TC OFF. My tires have about 2500 miles on them. Fast forward to now which is a week after my first ever track day. I can officially spin my wheels in 1st gear with TC ON from a roll! I think when these tires are almost brand new and driven in appropriate weather they are just too sticky to spin from a roll with the less aggressively geared M6. But once you get miles/wear on the tires you will be able to spin them easily even in warmish weather.
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 08:05 PM   #60
2004YZFR1

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentV View Post
I'm open for suggestions...so no offence taken at all. so your saying that if my alignment is off that might cause my car to spin on the freeway? its no joke or exaggeration at all...the car takes off with no hesitation at highway speeds and the car will spin. if there is a way to stop it, I am all in.

My car does have a strange vibration on the highway that I am confident it is not the balancing. its almost like a strut or something is loose or bouncing. Also, when i turn my wheels side to side I can here some squealing/high pitch noise. like something needs to be greased.
I don't think these cars have zert fittings to grease the front suspension components. I'd take it to the dealer and have them look at it since its new and under warranty. People about the sway bar end links coming loose and making noise. That is something you could check easily.
2004YZFR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 10:03 AM   #61
snekk

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE 10AT
My car will certainly wiggle the rear end from a stoplight but it doesn't break loose and do rolling burnouts. That being said I think spinning tires without traction is a waste of rubber and gasoline so I don't got out of my way to do it.
  • Castrol SRF Brake Fluid
  • Track Alignment (-2 Front, -1.5 Rear, 0.1 Toe)

2019 VW Golf R DSG (Daily/AutoX)
  • EQT Stage 1 ECU/TCU Tune
  • 350whp, 3.6s 0-60
snekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 10:43 AM   #62
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by snekk View Post
My car will certainly wiggle the rear end from a stoplight but it doesn't break loose and do rolling burnouts. That being said I think spinning tires without traction is a waste of rubber and gasoline so I don't got out of my way to do it.
My first thought when I saw this thread was ...why would you want to spin the tires? At the drags I'd back onto the water box just to spin them enough to clean the tires ...but otherwise?

My rear gets "wiggle" from the stoplight under hard acceleration but I've never tried.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 01:54 PM   #63
pbsinternet1le

Drives: 2017 1le current /2015 2ss 1le sold
Big tires plus big power equals a broken axle.