Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-05-2018, 12:35 PM   #57
GTSLOW
Daily Driven 1LE

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
Solution... buy GM FEA suspension kit and if really gluten for shitty ride, I mean track ready ride, DSSV dampers to go with it.

1LE versions of these cars are very well setup, but some people want different, it may not be BETTER, just different.

Luckily all research on how to get MOST out of the chassis has already been done by GM, with millions of $$ in research and development, not just Bob from Podunk Performance who will sell some China made coil overs and claim they best thing since sliced celery with shiny photos and lightest hint of data.

See you at the track!
This post right here is on point.
Old 06-06-2018, 01:53 PM   #58
Oldfart

Drives: Silverado, V-70 R
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuywithL86 View Post
I was on the OP’s side until that

Copy and pasting from another website and using it as your own word with no quotes or references = pathetic
Pretty much what I thought.
Oldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 03:50 PM   #59
lostkhan

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Just wanna add to what Trackclub is saying. I'm coming from a NA Miata and N54 135i, both modded with upgraded suspension parts. I would never think i'll get any car bigger than a 135i to track. But, the 1le in it's factory form is just as chuckable as my 135i modded.
I don't think I will ever fiddle with the suspension of a 1le at all. Maybe add additional aero and that's all.
BTW, my 1le couldn't beat my autox time of my 135i
lostkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 04:05 PM   #60
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boojamin View Post
Apologize, not intended to be a plug, just sharing... why I probably avoid forums because of the judgmental responses. With that being said I realize you Havnt heard from me, is what it is, I’m not up on the edicate.
Actually I think input is valued.. we just like to see real data
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 04:16 PM   #61
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuywithL86 View Post
I was on the OP’s side until that

Copy and pasting from another website and using it as your own word with no quotes or references = pathetic

Ouch.
Nothing wrong to use data/info from another website.... when it is obvious and you separate it from your own.

When you pass it off as your own you are pretty much done like dinner in the eyes of forum users.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 09:24 PM   #62
Matos1LE

Drives: SS 1LE
I've never read dumber posts in my life than the things the OP has said. First he claims that roll center and stuff doesn't matter, then he copy and pastes all this stuff from the internet to pretend he knows what he's talking about. Except, nothing he posted even jives with the point he's trying to make. Literally, a ton of illogical bs which ties back to the fact that he's here trying to hawk bs china coilovers that WILL ruin the handling of the car. As for his assertion that magnetic ride isn't ideal for a track car, tell that to Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc who have all licensed the technology for use on their track specials as well as normal variants. How many Nurburgring, Laguna, etc records have been set on those China coils he's trying to slang? Yeah...exactly, not one.
Matos1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:29 PM   #63
most-wanted

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matos1LE View Post
I've never read dumber posts in my life than the things the OP has said. First he claims that roll center and stuff doesn't matter, then he copy and pastes all this stuff from the internet to pretend he knows what he's talking about. Except, nothing he posted even jives with the point he's trying to make. Literally, a ton of illogical bs which ties back to the fact that he's here trying to hawk bs china coilovers that WILL ruin the handling of the car. As for his assertion that magnetic ride isn't ideal for a track car, tell that to Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc who have all licensed the technology for use on their track specials as well as normal variants. How many Nurburgring, Laguna, etc records have been set on those China coils he's trying to slang? Yeah...exactly, not one.
One could say how much seat time do you have on mag ride vs coilovers and what have you brought to the table other than a hatred post??? Not trying to single you out, there were plenty others that went on some sort of rant without personal data to back it up. If your gonna bash him and say he has no proof then show me your proof showing the opposite. Have you set any records on either. I have set records on coil overs On the "cheap" ones too as you say since they aren't a $10K set from JRZ or whatever. And even that doesn't mean much since there are so many variables to a fast lap. I have also driven the most basic of set ups like spring and strut in a Nascar vehicle. And I also have seat time in a mag ride ZL1. I love the mag ride, not knocking it one bit. But to attack this guy because he posted that he made a switch and he likes it makes everyone look pretty immature. Its also silly to say a quality coilover couldn't do the job as well as we really don't know. Instead of arm chair racing lets see some real world results from someone who has driven both. Made laps in both. I agree the OP went off the deep end with copy and paste articles but what did you guys expect. He should've also posted pics. I'm actually interested in a legitmate discussion on this because I also can't stand the stance of the ZL1 mag ride. That being said there is a very small window, 20% to be more specific on the amount it can be lowered by a spring. And a good percentage of the people on here couldn't drive this car to 60% of its potential as is so no need for anything better anyways. Which really brings us back to the fact its really a stance issue for most, not a track junkie I need more control type issue. Which would've saved the OP the hatred posts instead of somewhat bashing the mag ride. But repetitive bashing just takes posts to the dark side. Here is food for thought. No one makes a mag ride delete kit for the ZL1. The car will throw a cel and go into a 60 mph limp mode from the techs I talked to. They are working on it. Only fix is with a tuner in TC tables and you can raise the limits but it will still show the code and light but the limp mode wont incur. There is more to a coil over than just stance. Ability to run wider wheels, weight, weight distribution, corner balance, CG, etc. There are some benefits and some negatives that come to mind. But a civilized discussion would be far more productive and informative to people who are trying to learn the platform instead of saying stuff like your an idiot and it will never work better. Wont know unless you try. Only thing I see he did wrong is not provide data, pics, videos of the supposed track day. Just my .02. And my thought is if I wanted more which I do Ill just buy the ZL1 1LE which will allows for the wider wheels and ability to gain 10MM of adjustability in front and camber adjustment. I say go 1LE and avoid the headaches that will become present on trying to reinvent the wheel that GM spent so much money on in building a fantastic platform in the first place with mag ride. I made a comment only to try and bring this thread back on topic and get some real world experience from others on the subject. Maybe the OP will post pics and be more detailed if you guys will cut him some slack. Props to him for even taking the leap of faith. At the end of the day it seems the question still stands can a good coilover perform equal to or better on the track. Surely someone has lap times vs the two that is a reputable source.

Last edited by most-wanted; 06-13-2018 at 05:23 PM.
most-wanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:25 AM   #64
S2K+1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 17 SS 1LE | 07 S2K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boojamin View Post
Apologize, not intended to be a plug, just sharing... why I probably avoid forums because of the judgmental responses. With that being said I realize you Havnt heard from me, is what it is, I’m not up on the edicate.
This forum is chock-full of the types of dbags that wait behind their keyboards to pounce on anything and everything. Grammar, shit like this, someone gets a minor detail wrong... literally their only joy in life. Sad, ain't it?

Ignore it like the best of us, there's vinegar-vaj everywhere.
S2K+1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:37 PM   #65
birdmanf16

Drives: 2022 Zl1 1lE
Send a message via MSN to birdmanf16 Send a message via Yahoo to birdmanf16
I just ran out of popcorn....shame!

Last edited by birdmanf16; 06-14-2018 at 11:54 PM.
birdmanf16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 12:31 AM   #66
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by most-wanted View Post
One could say how much seat time do you have on mag ride vs coilovers and what have you brought to the table other than a hatred post??? Not trying to single you out, there were plenty others that went on some sort of rant without personal data to back it up. If your gonna bash him and say he has no proof then show me your proof showing the opposite. Have you set any records on either. I have set records on coil overs On the "cheap" ones too as you say since they aren't a $10K set from JRZ or whatever. And even that doesn't mean much since there are so many variables to a fast lap. I have also driven the most basic of set ups like spring and strut in a Nascar vehicle. And I also have seat time in a mag ride ZL1. I love the mag ride, not knocking it one bit. But to attack this guy because he posted that he made a switch and he likes it makes everyone look pretty immature. Its also silly to say a quality coilover couldn't do the job as well as we really don't know. Instead of arm chair racing lets see some real world results from someone who has driven both. Made laps in both. I agree the OP went off the deep end with copy and paste articles but what did you guys expect. He should've also posted pics. I'm actually interested in a legitmate discussion on this because I also can't stand the stance of the ZL1 mag ride. That being said there is a very small window, 20% to be more specific on the amount it can be lowered by a spring. And a good percentage of the people on here couldn't drive this car to 60% of its potential as is so no need for anything better anyways. Which really brings us back to the fact its really a stance issue for most, not a track junkie I need more control type issue. Which would've saved the OP the hatred posts instead of somewhat bashing the mag ride. But repetitive bashing just takes posts to the dark side. Here is food for thought. No one makes a mag ride delete kit for the ZL1. The car will throw a cel and go into a 60 mph limp mode from the techs I talked to. They are working on it. Only fix is with a tuner in TC tables and you can raise the limits but it will still show the code and light but the limp mode wont incur. There is more to a coil over than just stance. Ability to run wider wheels, weight, weight distribution, corner balance, CG, etc. There are some benefits and some negatives that come to mind. But a civilized discussion would be far more productive and informative to people who are trying to learn the platform instead of saying stuff like your an idiot and it will never work better. Wont know unless you try. Only thing I see he did wrong is not provide data, pics, videos of the supposed track day. Just my .02. And my thought is if I wanted more which I do Ill just buy the ZL1 1LE which will allows for the wider wheels and ability to gain 10MM of adjustability in front and camber adjustment. I say go 1LE and avoid the headaches that will become present on trying to reinvent the wheel that GM spent so much money on in building a fantastic platform in the first place with mag ride. I made a comment only to try and bring this thread back on topic and get some real world experience from others on the subject. Maybe the OP will post pics and be more detailed if you guys will cut him some slack. Props to him for even taking the leap of faith. At the end of the day it seems the question still stands can a good coilover perform equal to or better on the track. Surely someone has lap times vs the two that is a reputable source.
One thing is for sure. That's one hell of a paragraph.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote