#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 05-30-2018, 04:16 PM   #1
Boojamin

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Magnetic Ride Delete / Renick-CKS coilovers

Good day all,

First time posting, figured I’d share this info since there is really nothing on it. I have a 6th gen 1LE, I’ve never been very happy with magnetic ride as good of a technology as it is. For street use it’s hard to beat for comfort, but it hasn’t been hardcore enough for me on the track. Additionally, mag ride limits lowering the car, the drops look visually horrible to me, in fact Lower the rear end more than the front in most cases, I’ve had eibach 1.1 inch. After a year of ownership I finally got the nerve to try the Renick setup. First James was amazing, very personal to answer all my questions as well as custom develops the setup with CKS to my specs. I just installed the system along with AFE mag delete sensors and bmr links. So far my only regrets are not having done it sooner, the 1LE is a true handler as we know, this setup is miles ahead of the stock setup. On “soft” settings it’s equal ride quality to mag ride which is a surprise and that is with about 2 inch drop. Will be tracking it this week for first time with the new setup. Also, the mag ride suspension is 2-3 times the weight of the coilovers, I can’t belive how heavy the front setup is, just a side note. mag ride always felt like a 2 in 1 conditioner and I’ve wanted all shampoo the entire time. I realize this setup isn’t for everyone, this thread is directed at the true track junkie looking to up the 1LE game, any questions let me know...

Boo
Boojamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 04:23 PM   #2
JRL1LE

Sounds interesting, the bottom line is will it do quicker lap times. Keep us posted.
JRL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 04:59 PM   #3
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
1st post and this is it? hmm lol sure you dont work for him ? goodluck with the coilovers hope they arent the same as cheap china made megan and bc and other off brands
Old 05-30-2018, 06:08 PM   #4
GTSLOW
Daily Driven 1LE

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
You say this setup is for the track junkie but have provided no evidence and essentially an advertising plug...
Old 05-30-2018, 06:12 PM   #5
kropscamaro16

these are them btw looks like good stuff but no idea who makes em

http://6ledesigns.com/product/camaro...ilover-system/
Old 05-30-2018, 06:37 PM   #6
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
1st post and this is it? hmm lol sure you dont work for him ? goodluck with the coilovers hope they arent the same as cheap china made megan and bc and other off brands
Kinda like the first post of a guy last week drooling over his new mod and where to get them..

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 06:41 PM   #7
Boojamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
You say this setup is for the track junkie but have provided no evidence and essentially an advertising plug...
Lol ok I can see how this looks like a plug. I’m a forum surfer , not much to chat In forums historically. I’ve looked high and low for an answer to my displeasure with the mag ride and there are so few high level coilovers for 6th gen, so I decided to share, I can post some picks from install, but I don’t work for anyone just felt obligated to share with my fellow Camaro owners. I’ve read discussions on it but no real feedback. I apologize for the way the post came across, just honestly trying to share since I seem to be one of the first. I’ll try and post details and answer questions.

Last edited by Boojamin; 05-30-2018 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:44 PM   #8
Boojamin

Quote:

That’s just it, everything looks good, I would have considered kw , however they were limited for the use I required. CKS has been around for a while and has been working with Renick, I spent a lot of time talking to both CKS and Renick and figured it was my only option in the end. It’s hard with the 6th gen, not like the 5th gen (endless options, ohlins, pedders etc)

Bottom line is very impressed so far
Old 05-30-2018, 06:48 PM   #9
kropscamaro16

right now the best track option would be kw but the kw isnt even the track ones like the clubsports so technically its just for looks and lowering lol megan is junk bc is ok and i think thats about it

i talked to moton and fortune auto at sema and they said they could work on something but not enough interest
Old 05-30-2018, 06:50 PM   #10
Boojamin

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRL1LE View Post
Sounds interesting, the bottom line is will it do quicker lap times. Keep us posted.
That is the question for sure, There is no doubt After a few adjustments and light street driving I’m a believer so far
Old 05-30-2018, 06:52 PM   #11
Boojamin

Apologize, not intended to be a plug, just sharing... why I probably avoid forums because of the judgmental responses. With that being said I realize you Havnt heard from me, is what it is, I’m not up on the edicate.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:57 PM   #12
Boojamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
That would require me working for 3 companies , since I plugged 3 products. Either way, whatever you think.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:01 PM   #13
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
If you're going to do passive shim-preload valve dampers, why not go with known-good solutions like MCS or ANZE/Penske, or even the ZL1 1LE DSSV's? Perhaps they're too spendy? The Renick offering looks like a "house brand" coilover with Swift springs.

I'd also like to hear specifically what your "displeasure" is with the MRC dampers from a lap-time context. Your 2-in-1 conditioner metaphor doesn't really explain what you're trying to say.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:01 PM   #14
Boojamin

Quote:
right now the best track option would be kw but the kw isnt even the track ones like the clubsports so technically its just for looks and lowering lol megan is junk bc is ok and i think thats about it

i talked to moton and fortune auto at sema and they said they could work on something but not enough interest
You summarized my life this last year, and yea kw is a quality product, but more for looks and ride quality, no adjustments other than height up to 1.4 inch. Everyone says not enough interest, I don’t really understand are 5th gen sales that much better or did all the suspension companies get burnt making systems and no one picked them up, no idea, but it’s been frustrating.