Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 11-08-2017, 05:51 PM   #15
marco0418

Drives: 2015 Silverado Texas Edition, 4x4,
Thanks for all the feedback fella’s. I hope to have my mine soon. Still trying to decide between red or black. Honestly all colors look good. Something about that red though. Drive safe out there!
marco0418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:11 PM   #16
gto mark

Drives: 2015 Red Hot 2SS/RS 1LE Recaros NPP
Black is nice (was my 1st choice) but all the matte black trim just blends in. Get the red ( Pull me over red) it's so striking to see in person, that bright red with the black accents. Just hard to describe, think I might have to take a walk to the garage to get my fix. It's just something about these cars (5th & 6th gen 1LE) thats hard to beat. The look, the way they drive, it's totally different than a regular camaro.
gto mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:52 PM   #17
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2K View Post
I DD mine, 4
Months just hit 15K. Like everyone said.
Bad:
gas milage
Blind spot i got small mirror added and that was eliminated.
A-pillars definitely and cant see curbs but had lowered cars all my life so this doesn’t really nother me and when parking i just move the mirror.
TIRES; i scarified grip for longevity and went with Michelin PSS because no way im changing tires every 7-8K miles

Good: lots of smiles and thumbs ups + everything everyone else said.
I really cant see myself driving an ordinary car. Feels to wobbly and i need that tight feel the 1LE provides also like someone said dodging stuff and last min braking what best than a track focused car.
What mirror did you use? I've been wanting to get one for the driver's side but the ones I've seen look soo ugly.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 02:02 AM   #18
jdpickering
Razzi

Drives: 99 Monte Carlo Z34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
This seems to be my only hurdle living in the NE, having to get a set of wheels and tires to fit and function in the extreme cold we get here in the winter.
Don't really want to get a second set of wheels for the cold.

Living in Indiana and planning on getting a 2ss 1LE soon i've been looking at tire options as well. Someone correct me if i'm wrong but woudn't these tires work on the stock rims for our camaro's?
WINTER SOTTOZERO 3 - SIZE: 305/30R20

WINTER SOTTOZERO 3 - SIZE: 285/30R20
jdpickering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:08 AM   #19
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpickering View Post
Living in Indiana and planning on getting a 2ss 1LE soon i've been looking at tire options as well. Someone correct me if i'm wrong but woudn't these tires work on the stock rims for our camaro's?
WINTER SOTTOZERO 3 - SIZE: 305/30R20

WINTER SOTTOZERO 3 - SIZE: 285/30R20
Yes.
Though now you are still doing two sets of wheels and tires, or worse, swapping tires on the stock rims twice a year.

I was looking more toward all season options as I will not drive in the snow, just need tires that will function in all temps.
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:43 AM   #20
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Ditto what others have said. I don't dd but can't imagine doing it without the blind spot reminder that is part of the 2ss pkg.
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:38 AM   #21
RXtacy

Drives: 93 RX-7, 17 SS 1LE, 04 RX-8
Quote:
Yes.
Though now you are still doing two sets of wheels and tires, or worse, swapping tires on the stock rims twice a year.

I was looking more toward all season options as I will not drive in the snow, just need tires that will function in all temps.
For me using an A/S tire year round is a compromise I'm not willing to make. You loose too much dry grip and gain marginal wet and winter performance. I've been much happier with dedicated summer/winter setups or a DD.

I'm running Sottozero 3's on 19" APEX wheels for my winter setup. The wheels and tires combined cost less than the 20" Sottozero's do.
Attached Images

RXtacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 09:29 AM   #22
sdmcss

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE, 1985 MCSS
I am planing on buying a 2SS 1LE in the spring as well (Arctic Blue and Night Fall Gray are my colors of choice, still unsure which to choose...).
I currently DD a 2011 2SS 6M Convertible and I learned a few years ago to have a dedicated winter setup. Just easier to deal with.

I have a square setup with some UHP Winter Tires.
I will do the same with the upcoming 2018 2SS 1LE.
Cheaper Tires and I don't have to worry about the summer tires in the winter.

Good luck on picking color! They are all good looking!

Past/Current:
2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible, M6, Silver Ice Metallic, Inferno Orange Interior and Stripes - SOLD
2007 Monte Carlo SS, LS4, Summit White, Silver Rally Stripes - SOLD
2006 Impala SS, LS4, Black on Black - SOLD
1985 Monte Carlo SS
sdmcss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:22 AM   #23
Boost Creep

Ok.
What do you guys do about the tire pressure sensors?
Swap sensors?
Two sets of sensors? If so do they need to be programmed to the car each season?
Leave the one set in the summer tires and live with a tire pressure warning all winter?

I've heard both versions, the car will learn new sensors all by it self, and they need to be programmed, so not sure the real answer.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:30 AM   #24
Lugnutty

Drives: 2022 2SS
Each wheel has sensors in it. Eight wheels == eight sensors. The tire guys at my local Costco love seeing my car and reprogram it for free after I swap wheels. It only takes a couple of minutes.

I daily drive my 1LE, too. I don't get these people who say it's too hard/hardcore/uncomfortable to daily drive. Nonsense.
Lugnutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:43 AM   #25
RXtacy

Drives: 93 RX-7, 17 SS 1LE, 04 RX-8
Quote:
Ok.
Swap sensors?
Two sets of sensors? If so do they need to be programmed to the car each season?
Leave the one set in the summer tires and live with a tire pressure warning all winter?

I've heard both versions, the car will learn new sensors all by it self, and they need to be programmed, so not sure the real answer.
I did not put the sensors in my winter wheels. The tire pressure warning shows up every time you start the car and has a pop up in the DIC. It's more intrusive than I would prefer. If I were to do it again I'd probably install the sensors, but it's up to you if that would bother you or not.
RXtacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:53 AM   #26
Boost Creep

lol
I've been driving my C6 for nearly four years with the tire light on.
Sensor crapped out shortly after I got the car, pulled them all out rather than roll the dice and see what the local chevy dealer trainee does to my car.

$10/hr doesn't get you the best person working on your car.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:14 PM   #27
Trentelshark

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafal View Post
1LE is my only car. My only problem is to get some winter shoes and there are barely any good options. Car is very comfortable and has no issues driving daily.
Based on a post by kparker I ordered these since they fit and are on clearance (15mm offset). Even after exchange rate, duty and taxes I probably spent less via Tirerack than I would have somewhere local:

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...embo+Brake+Kit

I ended up going with a Blizzak LM-32 (245 front 255 rear, both 45s if I recall right to maintain circumfrence) since if the snow gets really deep I'll be parking it those days and using the Cruze. If you aren't concerned with maintaining circumfrence then you have lots of options. This will be the first winter with it (took delivery in August) so I guess I'll see how this works out .
Trentelshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:53 AM   #28
sdmcss

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE, 1985 MCSS
Quote:
Ok.
Swap sensors?

I bought a programmer for like $60 and it allows me to reprogram the TPMS sensors every time I change wheels. Works well on the multiple cars I have.
It also does many more functions like Clear CEL, and shows me the codes that are being thrown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentelshark View Post
Based on a post by kparker I ordered these since they fit and are on clearance (15mm offset). Even after exchange rate, duty and taxes I probably spent less via Tirerack than I would have somewhere local:

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...embo+Brake+Kit

I ended up going with a Blizzak LM-32 (245 front 255 rear, both 45s if I recall right to maintain circumfrence) since if the snow gets really deep I'll be parking it those days and using the Cruze. If you aren't concerned with maintaining circumfrence then you have lots of options. This will be the first winter with it (took delivery in August) so I guess I'll see how this works out .
I love the price of those! I will have to get a set on the new 1LE for next winter.
In the winter time it is not about looks it about grip but those look nice and they are priced right!
I usually have a set of stock Base Camaro wheels that fit perfectly over the 4POS Brembos.
Since the 1LE's have the 6POS on the front I am worried about clearance.

Those look like they will fit perfectly. Thanks for sharing!

Past/Current:
2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible, M6, Silver Ice Metallic, Inferno Orange Interior and Stripes - SOLD
2007 Monte Carlo SS, LS4, Summit White, Silver Rally Stripes - SOLD
2006 Impala SS, LS4, Black on Black - SOLD
1985 Monte Carlo SS
sdmcss is offline   Reply With Quote