Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-07-2020, 04:30 PM   #211
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
IMO, They should have put the LS7 into the SS 1LE
In which SS 1LE? The 5th gen?

There's no need for it in the 6th gen. It's more expensive than an LT1 and I highly doubt it would pass current emission requirements.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:33 PM   #212
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
LT5 in a 6th gen isn't going to boost sales. It's just not. People need to stop saying that it will.

The number of people that will pony up $85k+ for a LT5 powered 6th gen isn't enough to warrant it.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:34 PM   #213
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
LT5 in a 6th gen isn't going to boost sales. It's just not. People need to stop saying that it will.

The number of people that will pony up $85k+ for a LT5 powered 6th gen isn't enough to warrant it.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:52 PM   #214
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Political discussions deleted. Per the posted site rules -- no political discussions please. Further violations will result in warnings/bans.

If anyone sees violations of this rule, please use the report post feature.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:53 PM   #215
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:

No, people won't pay that much for a Camaro but they will pay far more than that for a Mustang or Challenger.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:56 PM   #216
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
No, people won't pay that much for a Camaro but they will pay far more than that for a Mustang or Challenger.
You make it sound like they are selling 10s of thousands. Until we see GT500 volumes all I’ll say is maybe. But the BIG point in this discussion is neither Ford or Fiat Have a Corvette. If I’m shopping GM and have $85k ( my price for an LT5 Camaro is $100k based on what GM upcharges for the ZR1, not what I hope or think it should cost, they told us already) I have more choices than at Ford or Fiat.
Old 04-07-2020, 07:05 PM   #217
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

So for all of you guys that think advertising is the answer let me give you a comparison.

You have just developed and manufactured the greatest LH baseball glove. Best one EVER. But you somehow are not getting your market share of LH baseball gloves. So you answer is ADVERTISE to RH baseball players to gain more sales.

This is the greatest Camaro ever designed for Camaro buyers. We were told when they went to the Camaro elite (not non Camaro customers) and asked them what they wanted in the Gen6. MOHRRRRRRR Camaro was the answer and it’s exactly what we got.
Old 04-07-2020, 07:17 PM   #218
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

An LT5 Camaro would draw attention to the brand. Similar to what Ford did with the GT500 and Dodge did with the 2015 Hellcat and 2018 Redeye.

An LT2 type power increase to the SS would draw attention to the brand similar to what Ford did with the 18 Coyote A10 and Dodge did with the Scatpack.

No commercials needed. Social media will do it for you.

If you’re going to design and leave it alone until the next generation, don’t plan to be relevant in the fifth, sixth and seventh model year. Botched facelift or not.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 04-07-2020 at 08:06 PM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 07:18 PM   #219
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
the general public has a hard time telling a 2011 camaro apart from a 2020.
The general public has a hard time telling an SUV from a smart car.
People seem to forget that GM went on strike and others did not.
The 2019 and 2020 look much better than the 2010-2013 with the Cheshire Cat eye tail lights. Driving the Camaro is half the battle for a prospective owner.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 08:23 PM   #220
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
You make it sound like they are selling 10s of thousands. Until we see GT500 volumes all I’ll say is maybe. But the BIG point in this discussion is neither Ford or Fiat Have a Corvette. If I’m shopping GM and have $85k ( my price for an LT5 Camaro is $100k based on what GM upcharges for the ZR1, not what I hope or think it should cost, they told us already) I have more choices than at Ford or Fiat.
No, but I've found online they did sell nearly 4,000 Hellcat Redeyes in 2019. Not everyone wants a Corvette. I don't tuck my t shirt into a pair of jorts, so I would prefer the Camaro over the Corvette.

If you had $100k, you wouldn't buy a Camaro anyways. You've made it pretty clear.

GM has no idea how to manage the Camaro. While other brands continue to develop their car and build the brand, GM just lets it fall further behind.
Old 04-07-2020, 08:43 PM   #221
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
No, but I've found online they did sell nearly 4,000 Hellcat Redeyes in 2019. Not everyone wants a Corvette. I don't tuck my t shirt into a pair of jorts, so I would prefer the Camaro over the Corvette.

If you had $100k, you wouldn't buy a Camaro anyways. You've made it pretty clear.

GM has no idea how to manage the Camaro. While other brands continue to develop their car and build the brand, GM just lets it fall further behind.
To say they have no idea is pretty inaccurate. But to say they are somewhat limited by Corvette is fair. This site has been nothing short of giddy over the Camaro getting Corvette engines. It’s the “little brother” syndrome.

How many have been excited over the images of mid engine Camaros? Too many.

GM has the best car in the segment, yet you criticize them for not continuing to develop the car???
Old 04-07-2020, 09:30 PM   #222
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
putting an lt5 in it would sell more lower end units as well. Even if you cant afford the top dog you want to be able to say your groups top dog will take down the other groups top dog its just human nature. Most people don't care about anything other than 1/4 and hp. At least that's the way all my friends that drive mustangs think. I will say it again do a good refresh and put the lt5 in it and I'll buy one. Heck I would buy one with an lt5 in it without a refresh but it would be nice to get a better looking one also at least the tail lights.
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:31 PM   #223
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
To say they have no idea is pretty inaccurate. But to say they are somewhat limited by Corvette is fair. This site has been nothing short of giddy over the Camaro getting Corvette engines. It’s the “little brother” syndrome.

How many have been excited over the images of mid engine Camaros? Too many.

GM has the best car in the segment, yet you criticize them for not continuing to develop the car???
Their handling of the Camaro has been abysmal. Or do you think a likely second cancellation is a ringing endorsement?

The Camaro has been getting "Corvette engines" since what 1991? People just hear "Corvette" and think it means anything special. Especially considering the Corvette engines have been bested at every level by comparable options from Dodge and Ford, LT2 aside. Even then, I don't see the LT2 fitting in the Camaro. The manifold looks too tall.

The Camaro is the most compromised car in the segment.

What does someone getting excited over some random internet rendering have to do with it?

The engine options are lacking.
The A8 stayed around far too long.
The naming scheme is mediocre.
The "special" editions are just sticker packs.
No power increases over the life different models.
Nothing done to get some life back in a failing program.

Look at all the versions Dodges has brought out. The Scat Packs, the 1320 editions, where you can strip out the whole interior or get it all for a dollar. The wide body versions. Power increases. The Demon. The Redeye.

Ford has the GT350 with a flat plane crank V8, the R carbon fiber wheels, the Bullett with more power. The GT500 with a dual clutch transmission. Now they are bringing in the Mach 1, most likely with more power. All things GM doesn't do and would never consider doing for the Camaro.

The chassis engineering is the only thing on the Camaro that keeps it relevent. Anything else has come from what GM allows them to use or what Team Camaro had the authority to do.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:33 PM   #224
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
Glad I Got Mine

It would be awful if GM discontinued the Camaro line. I hate to think that Ford won again. I keep thinking that any business minded rational person would be glad to be in the business where they sold over 7,000 cars a month. GM probably needs to fix the things that turn buyers off and join Mustang at their game but keep trouncing them performance wise.

I'm just glad I got mine before they do anything rash! In 2002 I hesitated and didn't buy one of the last and have regretted it ever since. I'm actually praying it doesn't happen again, but sales TALK!

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote