Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-18-2016, 11:49 PM   #15
yellow69z28rs

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible Black
Send a message via AIM to yellow69z28rs
You like it, get it!
I'm not in love with it, but it doesn't look bad at all.

Rag Top Rob
yellow69z28rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 12:48 AM   #16
jjbergie11

Drives: '10 Camaro SS ---> '15 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netslave View Post

Nah.
Lmaooooo
jjbergie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 04:14 AM   #17
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
I don't like it at all! A little over the top.
Added Procharger supercharger.
Marine Corps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 04:47 AM   #18
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
I wouldn't do it..
Old 04-19-2016, 05:34 AM   #19
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Looks silly and ricer. Yours looks awesome and even if it doesn't, it looks like it has purpose.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:07 AM   #20
diirk

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroATL View Post
Saw this pic and realized there was an additional fascia extension below the fascia extension lol. I have the front fascia extension but never saw this. Anybody know where to find it and a price tag?
To answer the original question, it's called a front splitter. They run about $450+ depending on material.

And your car looks great. I think the splitter would look pretty good on it and certainly set it even further apart from the others.
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:41 AM   #21
Karma81

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogsFan75 View Post
You're car looks bad ass man. Don't add that nonsense. JM .02
+1 Your car is sick!! Dont touch a thing!!!
Karma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 10:00 AM   #22
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Seriously though, your car is extremely tastefully modded as it is. I know we all fight that inner urge to find something else to change, but don't give in. Save that money toward something better. Something like this is going to force you to be overly cautious with your car to avoid scraping it, which will in turn impact how much enjoyment you get out of the vehicle.

I've learned this the hard way myself. Some mods look cool, but aren't worth it when you have several hundred dollars worth of parts at risk of being easily damaged. It's like walking on eggshells.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:54 PM   #23
CamaroATL

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS + NPP + MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by diirk View Post
To answer the original question, it's called a front splitter. They run about $450+ depending on material.

And your car looks great. I think the splitter would look pretty good on it and certainly set it even further apart from the others.
Thanks for an original answer. I have the front splitter but not the 6LE one and still haven't gotten info on where to get it if I did want it. Thanks though!
CamaroATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:56 PM   #24
CamaroATL

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS + NPP + MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
Seriously though, your car is extremely tastefully modded as it is. I know we all fight that inner urge to find something else to change, but don't give in. Save that money toward something better. Something like this is going to force you to be overly cautious with your car to avoid scraping it, which will in turn impact how much enjoyment you get out of the vehicle.

I've learned this the hard way myself. Some mods look cool, but aren't worth it when you have several hundred dollars worth of parts at risk of being easily damaged. It's like walking on eggshells.
Very good point. I'll decide when I finally see pricing and what not, thanks for the feedback!
CamaroATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:50 AM   #25
doc212121

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS White/White
Looks like a piece of plastic just drilled onto the factory splitter.........maybe if it was an actual splitter it would be legit........
doc212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 04:03 AM   #26
6LE Designs

Alrighty... lol. Lot of opinions in here (to each their own I agree) BUT not a lot of facts...

So, first of all you can get it here...

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=802

Second of all it is an actual AIR SPLITTER, unlike the OEM piece which is simply a FRONT GROUND EFFECT.

The point is two fold...

1) It literally splits the air, causing a packing to happen at the front bumper (this is a good thing, helps direct air flow) and in doing so SPEEDS UP the air UNDERNEATH the car which is what causes additional DOWN FORCE (and on a car with an already "panned" underbelly it works even better than on most cars).

2) It PROTECTS that expensive bumper paint and front ground effect paint FROM scraping lol. It looks large like it will scrape but the way we designed it the clearance is the same as the factory lip. Of course if you extend it all the way forward (as it is adjustable) then you will lose a SMALL amount of clearance which simply means take a steep driveway at an angle BUT if you DO scrape it's made for it, it is textured ABS and it will protect the rest of the car.

It also directs more air to the radiator and brakes and we have seen increased cooling on road tests.

The "double chin" comments I completely understand, however, this has been a racing standard for a LONG time... a "ground effect" piece that hugs the bumper with an "air splitter" underneath it...

Anyways... you get the idea lol. Again, to each their own, but it's extremely functional, protective, aids in cooling and IMHO overall badass looking lol!!!

It will look even that much better once the splitter rods get here (had to custom order a set, supposed to be here tomorrow) !!!
6LE Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 04:06 AM   #27
6LE Designs

Also we've been making them for about 8 years now. Started off developing them at CMJ Racing and track testing etc... We'd show wind results, track times, cooling effects, etc... and people still didn't "get it". Finally just had to make a silly video for people to understand it lol... I'll leave this here

6LE Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 05:16 AM   #28
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Appreciate your comments on your product. My problem with it is that kt looks have a large gap between the top of it and the bottom of the factory one. Is that just the camera angle? Not of the other cars you posted look like that. I believe that is way people are saying the comments they are.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote