Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-16-2018, 06:54 AM   #57
18ss376

Drives: Camaro
This is my 3rd one, My first was a 1986 IROC-Z then I bought a 1969 Z28 & now I have a 2018 SS. Just like the looks of it & with the upcoming Whipple supercharger addition it's going to real fun.
18ss376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 07:53 AM   #58
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
3 words

650 horsepower convertible
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 06:34 PM   #59
at7000ft

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by squish72 View Post
Grew up in a Chevy family. My first vehicle was a 72 Chevy truck. Fast forward I always wanted a wrx. When the opportunity to own one came up I bought my first new car a 17 wrx and i really liked that car. I had two big issues with it.
1. Big heavy car small engine, when you drove it in daily stop go traffic it was horrible. On the flip side when you could drive it hard and stay in boost it was sooo much fun.
2. It got zero respect or recognition with friends family or even strangers. Not really a fault of the car or how great it drove or how quick but it hurt my ego quite a bit

Found a 2ss that was one owner used for a pretty great price and traded the WRX in after only owning it for about 2 years. Being a Chevy guy I knew the alpha chassis was a leap towards a sports car not just a muscle car. I'm very happy with the Camaro. On a side note the dumb bowtie tattoo I got on my arm when I turned 18 matches the Camaro better too.
Am a chevy guy too but my first new car purchased was also a WRX, a 16. Suspension beat me to death, (I am kind of old), and the shifter/trans was marginal (else was a great car). I read the Camaro car of the year article, did a test drive and sold my WRX 9 months after buying it (one great thing about Subarus at least in Colorado, depreciation is almost non-existent, sold it for a grand less than purchase price).
Cool that your tattoo now matches the front and back of your car.

rh
at7000ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 06:51 PM   #60
at7000ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmax View Post
I backed into my 2017, not even shopping for a new car. I paid my way thru college 35 years ago, buying, fixing, and reselling used 1st gen Camaros. Five years ago I bought a 67 vert that wasn’t drivable. I had fun working on it, and made a few grand when I sold it.
I was patiently shopping for a 69 SS vert to become available under 50 grand, and kept hearing that the gen6 Camaro has 455 hp and 455 lbs of torque. i grabbed my son to go test drive it to prove to myself that the classic is far better, because it likely drives like a Honda.....oh boy was I wrong... the first few minutes, I was like , ‘Katie bar the door....holy crap this is fast!.... turns out the 69 drives like a worn out Honda....lol.... but the 69 is flipping still gotgeous....
The performance of the 2SS I drove with NPP and MRC was as advertised, and I couldn’t believe how it handled on corners...and the sound!
I got out at the dealer and thankfully stumbled onto a FIFTY vert and the more detail I saw, I fell in love....and I still can’t believe I found a better car than my awesome 69 SS vert with a 350 4 speed that I modded back in the day. cowl induction hood, racing stripes, bigger carb and cam and cool 15x7 rims and tires..... damn I loved that car. I put a picture below if it works..
if I could afford two, I would struggle deciding on a resto mod 69 SS or an 18 ZL1
You need to restomod a 69 body on a 2SS chassis/drivetrain, what a machine that would be.
Old 12-16-2018, 06:57 PM   #61
at7000ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbird12 View Post
All ways had a Corvette after number 8 I decided to buy a Camaro because I liked the look and the fact my dogs have a seat to ride on
The best bang for the buck l a 2 SS rag A 8 with no shudder
The pace car driver who drives mine at the races said betwwen a Mustang, Corvette and the Camaro the Camaro is the best handling of the 3
Also went from a Corvette (a C6) to my 2SS, everything about the SS beats the C6 vette, plus you get a bunch of the best features of the C7, trans/rev match, HUD, LT1, etc.
Old 12-16-2018, 07:22 PM   #62
at7000ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac-427 View Post
I confess to being 75 years old and have been into Corvettes and hot rods since my teenage years. I don't want to over generalize, but as time went by I noticed that the Corvette crowd began to get older and included lots of "first timers" who were excited about getting a Corvette but not really "car guys or gals." They just wanted a Corvette to say they owned one. The Camaro crowd, at least with respect to the SS and ZL1 cohort, is different because the demographic is younger and more oriented to performance rather than posing. Given my background in hot rodding, I'm very comfortable with my Camaro SS Redline Vert because it makes me feel young every time I drive it.
Hey ac-427, also an old ex-Corvette owner (68), totally agree with you concerning Corvette owners (not all but many), plus I am already old, don't need an old man's car too. The Camaro crowd is definitely younger.

rh
Old 12-16-2018, 07:29 PM   #63
at7000ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
why did you buy your camaro?

corvettes only seat 2 and i already have one of those

i wanted a (fairly) cheap newer car that’s fun to drive and hopefully not require lots of attention

i am an american male

yes, that’s the good corvette with the good engine. c4 lsx swap. i have a thing for xj cherokees too so disregard the jeep stuff going on. i also have an 88 f250 4x4 rclb (5.8 zf5). in a nutshell, i’m a 35 yo male with several vehicles. i’ve owned camaros ranging from m6 blower lt1 (1994) to bolt on ls1 auto cars. grew up racing nhra stock class. i do all of my own work. i’m not sure how long this camaro will stick around after it’s paid off, but i really like the car for what it is. it’s not an optioned up pos with a custom stripe and some old man chrome wheels. it’s legit. all it needs is about 150 more hp and it’ll be great.
Are the silver painted wheels old man wheels too? Or is it just chrome?
I am old and have the silver paint wheels.
Old 12-16-2018, 07:42 PM   #64
Cmax

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS FIFTY convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by at7000ft View Post
You need to restomod a 69 body on a 2SS chassis/drivetrain, what a machine that would be.
I dreamt as well... similar to the fellas making bandit trans ams out of gen5 Camaros. But I think the body of the gen2 Camaro fits the gen6 wheel base much better than the 69....sad...lol
Cmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:24 PM   #65
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
My first car was a 1969 GTO (yes I do regret letting her go). I transitioned into fast bikes for a while then after walking away from the last wreck decided cars were safer and I wanted to live to be at least thirty. I transitioned through a 1993 twin turbo RX7 to a Suburu WRX and then got into trucks for a while. About the time the 6th gen came out I was thinking about getting back to a muscle car. The SS 1LE is a great car and an incredible value. I may hang onto this one the longest of all of them.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:40 PM   #66
trophy hunter

Drives: 2016 1SS - M6
Well, where do I start ………
Parents autocrossed all thru my youth (about age 9 to when I left for college). They mostly ran Corvettes but also has a few Camaros along the way as something different to "play" with ……. when they were competitive.
Anyway, I am MUCH older now and have owned quite a few Camaros since then (autocrossing a number of them)BUT the wife wanted to get into a bigger house, so I sold the last one I had to help in making the transaction more simplistic.
Forward almost 10 years, now we're in a good position sooooo I get to start autocrossing again …...and guess what just started becoming competitive again - yep the Camaro
Found one late last year and HOPEFULLY will start my shot at the big show either in 2019 or 2020
trophy hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 09:02 PM   #67
chiefmg

Drives: 2016 2SS vert (wife's)
Some back story, growing up my folks mostly had GM products. Dad was mainly a Buick guy but also had Chevys and Olds. When I got older I went a different route, Mazdas are what do it for me (first one I owned and still do was a 1981 RX-7). I love V8s but more than that value a nimble, balanced chassis that is fun to drive.

Last year the wife and I flew to Savannah for the holidays. We rented a car for a couple of days while there, when I asked her what she wanted to drive she said a Camaro. We ended up with an RS coupe. I was impressed with the all-around abilities of the car, that V6 is no slouch. Visibility was not a big deal considering she had been driving an RX-8 for ten years. When we got home just for giggles I asked her if she could have one what did she want. She said a white 'vert with a V8 (no way would I have not gotten the big engine) with Adrenaline Red interior. I did a search on GM's site, lo and behold there was the exact trim she wanted not 15 miles away. We went for a test drive when it was about 17 degrees out (she told the salesman she wanted to put the top down, should have seen the guy's expression!). She loved it, had a look at things and figured we could afford it so that was all she wrote. I don't plan on modifying it beyond what I have already done (front lip, side skirts, factory dark tail lights) but it is an amazing car for what it is. I get my sports car fix from my supercharged Miata, but since this is the wife's car her wants are all that matter.
chiefmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 04:15 AM   #68
Neil350

Drives: Nike Air Max
Liked the 6th gen from when they came out, then 1LE package was icing on the cake. I am a big time F-body guy so I am sucker for the nostalgia. The cars also a blast and end of the day its a new Camaro, I am driving it any where and every where, no qualms.
12 F150 5.0 Lariat Super Crew - Stock daily
Neil350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 04:33 AM   #69
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Purchased mine to replace my 2010 and have it as an weekend car. I drive mine on average 20 times a year.

3/4 of my 4800 miles are from my delivery drive home (1152 mi) and my trip to Bowling Green for C5 Fest (28xx mi).
Old 12-17-2018, 04:38 AM   #70
Silverado57

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefmg View Post
... She said a white 'vert with a V8 (no way would I have not gotten the big engine) with Adrenaline Red interior. ...
My wife really wanted the red interior. Would it be a crime against humanity to put the red Coverking seat covers on the 2SS leather seats?

https://www.coverking.com/seat-cover...camaro-ss.html