Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-10-2021, 08:58 PM   #57
mattmaybloom91

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2ss
I've had my 2ss Coupe since may and after the first day i've never really had any problem with visibility. Occasionally i've had to lean forward a bit at a stoplight, but overall not too bad. Glad to have the rear mirror camera though!
mattmaybloom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 09:10 PM   #58
Jerry300zx

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
When I first bought the car, I felt like I was in a cave. After a couple days it grew on me and now I don't mind it at all. It helps with the sun. There are red lights where I have to hunch forward to see it.

I took my uncle for a ride and he noticed if the car went into water, we would not fit out the side window openings. (I think I could, he's a little over weight)

My father hates the car for its visiblility and is shocked I even bought it.

I feel if Chevy would make the windshield go higher and curve to the roof line. It would give you more outward visibility.
Jerry300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 02:52 AM   #59
IceGoaliePaul

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT
My previous car was an econobox that probably had more glass in the front window that the entire camaro has. I found very little issue with visibility in the camaro. I can see everything I need to while moving. The only issue I had were obtuse left hand turns where you need to see out the right rear. But I adapted to that pretty easily by just giving a quick turn to the right before stopping so I can see out the passenger window. I don't bother trying to see out the back window while reversing the camera and mirrors allow me to see everything I need better. I find the blind spot monitoring to be worthless. It hasn't alerted me to anything I wasn't aware of in 2 years / 32000km (20000miles). The cross traffic alert when backing up is very useful though. It should be standard.
IceGoaliePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 03:29 AM   #60
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
When I read all these car reviews on the Camaro before I bought mine I thought it was going to be really bad but in reality it really isn't that bad at all and I back it into my Narrow Garage after I take it out no issues going in and avoiding stuff in there. In my opinion its overblown. This is not an economy car or a Minivan.

Last edited by Devstrike; 01-11-2021 at 01:41 PM.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 06:54 AM   #61
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
This gets tricky. There are very few cars that can please the enthusiasts and the non-enthusiasts. I think the closest might be Porsche and Corvette.

So on one hand, you have Camaro that appeal to enthusiasts but mass buyers don't like. On the other hand, you have BMW that's been watering down their cars to appeal to the masses and enthusiasts have been shaking their heads more and more.

So do you dilute? Or do you keep enthusiasts happy but also lose sales?

Sent from toaster or something
I agree it would be a slippery slope, but do feel by simply lowering the beltline slightly they could have had the best of both worlds.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 07:43 AM   #62
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
The high beltline makes it a little harder to judge where curbs are. The low roofline means if you're stopped at a light and you're at the front you may have trouble seeing the signal. The rear window isn't much good for backing up.

Having said all that, if you adjust your mirrors right, exercise a bit of caution with respect to curbs, and don't pull up too close to lights you'll be fine.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 08:33 AM   #63
Vega$69

Drives: 2017 Corvette ZO6 & 2021 Camaro LT1
Visibility sux. Mostly the A pillars. I don't care. I like the car and visibility isn't high on my priority list.
Vega$69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 08:40 AM   #64
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
The high beltline makes it a little harder to judge where curbs are. The low roofline means if you're stopped at a light and you're at the front you may have trouble seeing the signal. The rear window isn't much good for backing up.

Having said all that, if you adjust your mirrors right, exercise a bit of caution with respect to curbs, and don't pull up too close to lights you'll be fine.

Cresting hills is rather exciting with the high belt and low roof.
Old 01-11-2021, 09:02 AM   #65
Speak99

Drives: Camaro 2020 2SS VERT
The visibility issue is only really felt in parking lots. Its exaggerated because the ground effects can be scuffed up from the curbs that are hard to see.
Speak99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:43 AM   #66
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
This gets tricky. There are very few cars that can please the enthusiasts and the non-enthusiasts. I think the closest might be Porsche and Corvette.

So on one hand, you have Camaro that appeal to enthusiasts but mass buyers don't like. On the other hand, you have BMW that's been watering down their cars to appeal to the masses and enthusiasts have been shaking their heads more and more.

So do you dilute? Or do you keep enthusiasts happy but also lose sales?

Sent from toaster or something
Yes that is the tricky situation. The difference is Corvette and Porsche don't have low end trims like camaro does that justify its existence. Camaro NEEDs it's 4 and 6 cylinder trims to be successful to justify trims like 1LE, ZL1 etc etc. Those buyers for the most part, arent going to care about 0-60, 1/4 or ring times. Performance won't be able to sway them over minor inconveniences.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:10 AM   #67
Dabjbr

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
Mirror adjustment, as others have said, is key for driving.

However, I wish all camaros, lower trims included, had auto tilting side mirrors and a front camera for parking. Because I too have my mirrors adjusted but that does no good when you’re parallel parking in a tight space.

Lastly, I’ve gotten used to the camaro’s visibility. But now when I jump into other sports cars, I’m almost mesmerized by how much glass and visibility there is. Lol.
Dabjbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 08:02 PM   #68
SHessler

Drives: 2021 1SS 1LE [Shock]
I'm not willing to say the visibility is as bad as the internet haters say, but the rear view isn't great and the front corners sort of disappear into no man's land.

I'm fine with it as a fun time car, but I can see where people who need to parallel park everyday in some cramped downtown spot would look elsewhere.

Ex Spec Miata driver.
SHessler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 08:10 PM   #69
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHessler View Post
I'm not willing to say the visibility is as bad as the internet haters say, but the rear view isn't great and the front corners sort of disappear into no man's land.

I'm fine with it as a fun time car, but I can see where people who need to parallel park everyday in some cramped downtown spot would look elsewhere.
I haven't yet found backing up to be difficult, only turning around an object when the seat is down low. Of course I've learned to raise the seat in such situations.

I drove mine today and most everyday in Denver and I really enjoy it. I wish the TCM was tunable but that's another thread.
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:00 PM   #70
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabjbr View Post
Mirror adjustment, as others have said, is key for driving.

However, I wish all camaros, lower trims included, had auto tilting side mirrors and a front camera for parking. Because I too have my mirrors adjusted but that does no good when you’re parallel parking in a tight space.
Yep, those sweet auto tilting side mirrors are the bomb for parallel parking or even just backing up close to a curb or a line. A front camera would be very nice to complete the package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabjbr View Post
Lastly, I’ve gotten used to the camaro’s visibility. But now when I jump into other sports cars, I’m almost mesmerized by how much glass and visibility there is. Lol.
Most of that extra glass is typically on top and gives you a taller skybox, which feels more comfortable, but doesn't provide too much useful additional info. This reminds me of the old widescreen vs 4:3 monitor debate, initially a lot of people were staunchly against the "slashed" widescreen format.

A slightly lower beltline would no doubt be helpful, I set my seat to the highest acceptable position and don't mind occasionally moving my head a bit when being first at a stoplight (who says one must sit at the bottommost position and should be able to drive without any body movement, after all). We're now splitting hairs as creatures of comfort, though

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote