Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-20-2020, 06:26 PM   #15
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Drives: 2020 red hot 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
The 2020+ 1LE certainly mitigates the 2019 design disaster a bit Congrats on a great car
Agreed and thank you!!
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 06:27 PM   #16
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
next thread:

bought a new 1LE. what muffler? what tires? i need a bunch of random people with varying tastes helping me decide what to do with my car.
Old 11-20-2020, 07:01 PM   #17
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
I didn't like the facelift much when I first saw it, but it really grew on me.

In real life, I have gotten praises on the car. I would like to think it's not as bad as the Internet makes it. Internet has a thing with blowing crap out of proportion.

I have a friend with an 18 2SS 1LE. We did a few pics together, which might be helpful for anyone who wants a side-by-side comparison.

As for the price, it turns out I didn't pay that much more for mine(CAN$3~4k) and his 18 was used while my 19 was brand new. Got a really good deal on mine.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 07:19 PM   #18
wjones14

Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition
You nailed the functional differences in your original post, and you can see the visual differences. I personally would like the updated hood and rear mirror/camera, but not enough to trade mine in, that's for sure. I like the 2018 Infotainment system quite a bit, but might prefer the newer version, just because it's newer.

For me, the car's condition, mileage, and price would be the deciding factors, not the model year.
Previous: 2018 Summit White 2SS 1LE; 2015 MINI Cooper F56 6MT; 2015 BMW M235i 6MT; 2003 MINI 5MT; 2005 Mustang GT 5MT
wjones14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 07:34 PM   #19
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Interesting to see the 6th Gen guys have the same appearance "debates" as the 5th Gen folks do. Bet the Mopar guys don't have this dilemma. I can't tell the difference between an '09 or '19 Challenger but then again I really don't care. LOL!!!
Old 11-20-2020, 08:07 PM   #20
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6GenNutt View Post
New guy here. In the market for a "fun" car. Not an everyday ride, but it would get driven quite a bit during the week to work and it will not be tracked.

I have looked at Mustangs to include the GT350, but for a number a factors I seem to keep coming back to a 2SS 1LE. My problem is I can't decide between a 2018 or a newer 2019/2020 model. Aside from the exterior, they seem to be fairly similar with minor updates like the infotainment, rear camera mirror, and forward collision alert.

My search has found limited 2018s and a good number of newer models for only a few thousand more. Examples I have found, 2018s $37-41k, 2019s $43-44k, and 2020s$ 44-45k. I am not necessarily limited on budget, but less is better for the pocketbook.

Anything I am missing with the newer models? Are the newer models worth the extra $?

My opinion if you do not track the 1LE is wasted $$, weight and complexity. THe SS is just as trackable just not quite as trackable as the 1LE.

You could consider an LT1. It has the SS motor, suspension, and front brakes. There is less cost, complexity and weight versus the SS. I ordered mine with the Bose, sunroof, Recaros, and NPP. I have owned both a 2SS and a ZL1 and this LT1 is my favorite. Think of it as a modern Road Runner or Mustang LX. THere are some small improvements in the 2019 and up Camaros.
Old 11-20-2020, 10:08 PM   #21
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
My opinion if you do not track the 1LE is wasted $$, weight and complexity. THe SS is just as trackable just not quite as trackable as the 1LE.

You could consider an LT1. It has the SS motor, suspension, and front brakes. There is less cost, complexity and weight versus the SS. I ordered mine with the Bose, sunroof, Recaros, and NPP. I have owned both a 2SS and a ZL1 and this LT1 is my favorite. Think of it as a modern Road Runner or Mustang LX. THere are some small improvements in the 2019 and up Camaros.
Here we go with the stupid argument of wasted money.. blah blah
Sure if you’re from NJ but in the rolling hills of Tennessee it’s a badass ride. The LT1 is a very nice car and a good value. Past that I’d rather be pushing my 1LE down the tail than the LT1. That said mine will see track time as well.
Old 11-20-2020, 11:06 PM   #22
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomcustom View Post
Here we go with the stupid argument of wasted money.. blah blah
Sure if you’re from NJ but in the rolling hills of Tennessee it’s a badass ride. The LT1 is a very nice car and a good value. Past that I’d rather be pushing my 1LE down the tail than the LT1. That said mine will see track time as well.
I never said it was stupid. I was just saying understand what you are buying. If you think it is cool to own a car that can be a track star even if you don't make use of what the car can do, that is cool. Your choice.

On those hills if you really push a 1LE 9/10s on those hills your life will end earlier than you expected. And I can have just as much fun as any SS or ZL1 at sane speeds on those same hills with an LT1 with the right tires. They all have the same bones. I have owned all three. I also enjoy mountain driving we have plenty of them almost as beautiful as yours.

Tracking a car is very different than having fun in the hills.
Old 11-21-2020, 06:53 AM   #23
activepat

Drives: Red Hot SS 1LE
I like the front end on the 2020 much better than the 16-18s as well as the taillights. The front end is much more "aggressive" like the ZL1.

Not sure why anybody ever thought the 19 facelift was a "disaster".

As far as the 1LE, it's the only way to go. However in the 1SS only. There's not enough upgrades in the 2SS 1LE to make it worth the extra $$.

This is strictly my opinion.
activepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 07:40 AM   #24
wjones14

Quote:
Here we go again - there's a whole other thread asking why people buy the 1LE if they're not tracking it.

The answer is that some people just want the 1LE. Period. Maybe it's bragging rights. Maybe it's the look. Maybe some consider that package a bargain.

Throughout the years I have owned 4 Camaros. The other 3 were Z28s (1974, 1980, 1984) in an era when no one knew what tracking was. For me it was Z28 or nothing. It's the same now. 1LE or nothing (unless of course we're talking ZL1). I wanted every part of the 1LE package, and did not consider any of it as wasted $$, and the weight and complexity arguments seem silly.

The OP said he wants a 2SS 1LE - why say his choice doesn't make sense?
Previous: 2018 Summit White 2SS 1LE; 2015 MINI Cooper F56 6MT; 2015 BMW M235i 6MT; 2003 MINI 5MT; 2005 Mustang GT 5MT
Old 11-21-2020, 07:45 AM   #25
wjones14

Quote:
Originally Posted by activepat View Post
As far as the 1LE, it's the only way to go. However in the 1SS only. There's not enough upgrades in the 2SS 1LE to make it worth the extra $$.

This is strictly my opinion.
I agree about the 1LE part, but for me, the 2SS was the only way to go. Not being able to get the 2SS trim with the 1LE package in 2017 was actually a deal-breaker for me. Couldn't do it. I waited a year until I could have both. That is strictly my opinion, and just shows how everyone has different needs and wants.
Old 11-21-2020, 08:17 AM   #26
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Quote:
I never said it was stupid. I was just saying understand what you are buying. If you think it is cool to own a car that can be a track star even if you don't make use of what the car can do, that is cool. Your choice.

On those hills if you really push a 1LE 9/10s on those hills your life will end earlier than you expected. And I can have just as much fun as any SS or ZL1 at sane speeds on those same hills with an LT1 with the right tires. They all have the same bones. I have owned all three. I also enjoy mountain driving we have plenty of them almost as beautiful as yours.

Tracking a car is very different than having fun in the hills.
My point was who are you to say what’s wasted money? In fact the 1LE may just be the best bargain the Camaro line. I bought mine for all that it has and is capable of. If someone else buys it for the looks alone... then awesome for them.
Now I get to each his own. You had the SS and ZL1. I’ve spent a lot of time in my brothers ZL1 and can’t fathom how you went from that to the LT1. That said who am I to judge. I’m just glad you found what you wanted. I test drove a LT1 that was only $3,500 less than my 1ss 1LE and I gotta say that was the best $3,500 I’ve ever spent. Again that’s just me.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:28 AM   #27
Vaska

Drives: On Hiatus
I bought the 1LE because of the extra exterior addons (this includes brembos), the Recaros and EDiff stuff. I'm not going to sit here and pretend I know all the different variations that each model comes with, I don't care. I found a 1LE, which is hard to find used around these parts, with low mileage, good price and was everything I needed in a spirited daily driver or autocross car. Yes the exterior redesign was a factor but those cars were still too much money to pay for, plus essentially nothing was available on the used market. I don't purchase new so that wasn't even an option.

In the end it's your choice, your money, your life. Go read these forums and make the decision on your own.
Vaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 10:36 AM   #28
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
*Biased opinion*
Go for the pre-refresh, as others have said, there is a reason chevy recalled the 2019 design. They look like a v6 charger got it on with a Silverado.

Oh, and definitely go for the 2ss package, the creature comforts are a massive improvement over the base model. I used my heated steering wheel and seat this morning, so nice.