Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-02-2019, 06:26 PM   #323
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagliaro View Post
Fender shot

Definately not finished cosmetics

Will want rims. I have 2 sets of rs rims 2011 and 2014 but they are not aggressive enough. ZL1 repros

Hood leaning towards 2014/15 SS hood.

Spoiler

Sideskirts.

LOOKS AMAZING!!! Good job making it happen through a lot of headache. Check out the MRR 6th gen zl1 wheels. You need a 14-15 SS hood and z28 spoiler to make it match that aggressive front bumper.
I want one bad and I see ikon shows a new kit complete with the plastic underbody gap fill again.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 06:52 PM   #324
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
I'll be working on Bellypan

Thanks for suggestions
Attached Images

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.

Last edited by Pagliaro; 07-02-2019 at 08:38 PM.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 11:39 PM   #325
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Bellypan Wip

Its past midnight so I can not proceed much further as no stores open.

10" mending plates attatched to frame just holding bumper up.

I have to tighten the splitter bolts. Once I am satisfied with alignment Ill drill holes to attach to bumper. Spray black and then cut plexi to go over or under it.
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2019, 02:39 PM   #326
Tha Snowman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
I'll be working on Bellypan

Thanks for suggestions
Looking great! Green and mean. Your paint job looks really nice. After seeing mines in the sunlight, it looks a little darker than the rest. I'm hoping that it's because my body paint has faded with the Fl sun and just needs a buff. I also have some chips on the paint after installing the top grille, a small slash near the driver side marker and another cut on the front. I may end up having to get it re painted and refunded by ikon.

I got my new set of headlights today, going to install this weekend. Hopefully everything works this time.

The hood you are looking to get, the 2014 z28 carbon fiber one. I have had for over a month now, it's by Carbon Creations. I have not installed it yet as it also has chips and carbon scuffs around and above it when viewing closely. I'm looking to swap it or get a refund currently. The one from Amerihood looks better, specifically the underneath.
Attached Images

Tha Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 04:29 PM   #327
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

I want my hood body color which means I'd prefer not to have carbon fibre as thats more prep work.

My painter came highly reccommended and his work stands for itself. He's picky on his own work but even oem paint differs at different angles. I'm 100% satisfied with my paintjob but it does flow better because bumper and fenders are new paint and he blended into the doors. If I do the hood sooner rather than later I'll basically have the front end be all fresh paint.

I'm hoping to come across an oem hood.

Old 07-05-2019, 05:08 PM   #328
ldeardorff

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Anyone know who would sell the best 5th gen Zl1 front bumper conversion kit?
ldeardorff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 06:59 PM   #329
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldeardorff View Post
Anyone know who would sell the best 5th gen Zl1 front bumper conversion kit?
Gen5diy has a 5th gen kit if you are looking for that style.

Old 07-05-2019, 10:15 PM   #330
mbrinker96

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS
Oh wow that looks really aggressive in green! For the lip/splitter, did you rattle can it or get it done at the shop?
mbrinker96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 10:22 PM   #331
mbrinker96

For those who have not received a belly pan, don't make the mistake I did and drive it around. I only drove it a bit to the painters. I didn't think anything of the wheel wells not being bolted to anything in the front and from just the wind pushing on them I now have holes from where the tires touched them. So for Ikon thinking it's just an optional piece, it is not. Make sure you attach something to keep the wheel wells from flexing and rubbing on the tires.
Old 07-06-2019, 03:34 AM   #332
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrinker96 View Post
Oh wow that looks really aggressive in green! For the lip/splitter, did you rattle can it or get it done at the shop?
Shop my guy is amazing.

The only paint I touched was my crashbar and windshield wash reservoir. I rattlecanned those.

Quote:
For those who have not received a belly pan, don't make the mistake I did and drive it around. I only drove it a bit to the painters. I didn't think anything of the wheel wells not being bolted to anything in the front and from just the wind pushing on them I now have holes from where the tires touched them. So for Ikon thinking it's just an optional piece, it is not. Make sure you attach something to keep the wheel wells from flexing and rubbing on the tires.
The wheel well bolt to the front bumper in pretty well the same factory spots. I drove around without wheel wells as my painter prefered them off. He was so great saved me money by allowing me to do the wrenching. It sags the bumper cause the weight naturally wants to fall. My DIY bellypan is doing the job but not complete yet.

Old 07-08-2019, 02:15 PM   #333
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Used OEM hood purchased ( not shipped yet ) it may be awhile before I get that painted. It's dark navy blue.

I'll test fit it though.

Also got airbag for my ZL1 steering wheel.

Old 07-10-2019, 10:55 PM   #334
mbrinker96

For the belly pan I was thinking about getting a thin aluminum diamond plated sheet and cutting that to fit. Should help with stability and have little flexibility if something hits it so it won't crack. I'm thinking about going the same way and using a few metal bars as well to help hold it up.

Something I noticed about my bumper is that it does sag down and create a gap between the top front and the hood. If I pull and lift it up the gap goes away. So hopefully this fixes it, if not I'll have to look into somehow bolting the top of the bumper up a little more since the plastic rivets aren't doing the best job.

On the bright side, I should get it back from the painter this Saturday.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:09 PM   #335
mbrinker96

Quote:
Used OEM hood purchased ( not shipped yet ) it may be awhile before I get that painted. It's dark navy blue.
That's probably the best way to go about it since it should be aluminum instead of fiberglass like the aftermarket ones, and fitment should be spot on. If you decide to make it vented you could always get the same heat extractor I got and it should fit. Regardless, it's going to look nice having the lines match up with the bumper.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:05 AM   #336
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Quote:
That's probably the best way to go about it since it should be aluminum instead of fiberglass like the aftermarket ones, and fitment should be spot on. If you decide to make it vented you could always get the same heat extractor I got and it should fit. Regardless, it's going to look nice having the lines match up with the bumper.

14 SS hoods have vent.