Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 06-28-2020, 07:44 AM   #1
SWRocket

Drives: 2021 2SS
2SS Advice needed

Hey All,

I'm looking to buy a new 2SS and was looking for some input.
I configured a car with:
  • Auto (must have because of wife lol)
  • Redline Package
  • NPP
  • MRC
  • Suede Steering wheel and shifter

I'm having a hard time telling from the config if there is a GFX with the redline or not (The picture shows it but it's not mentioned anywhere)

Any other must have features? is the Redline Package worth the price?
This will be a daily driver not for track use.

TIA

Andrew
2021 2SS A10 - Summit White - NPP - MRC - Adrenaline Red Interior Pkg - Black Appearance Pkg - Ground Effect Pkg - Suede Steering Wheel and shifter - Red Calipers - Carbon Flash Wheels w black lug nuts - DD Tinted Side Markers - Hero Tinted Rear Reflectors - Redline Fender Badges - 20% Tint
Audio System Build Log
-----------------------------------------------------------
2014 Z/28 Summit White - sold 2020
2010 2SS/RS Summit White - sold 2014
SWRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 08:16 AM   #2
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
The Redline package is just a graphics package with blacked out tail lamps. If you like it, great. I don't go in for thses but instead the minimalist. I sometimes take the emblems off.

But it is tasteful.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/07...dline-edition/

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 08:51 AM   #3
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
Imo, not sure what color you’re going for, but the red calipers do stand out and look awesome on these cars. I got the hot wheels edition with the orange calipers and I’m glad they are colored to stick out.
Old 06-28-2020, 11:07 AM   #4
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWRocket View Post
Hey All,

I'm looking to buy a new 2SS and was looking for some input.
I configured a car with:
  • Auto (must have because of wife lol)
  • Redline Package
  • NPP
  • MRC
  • Suede Steering wheel and shifter

I'm having a hard time telling from the config if there is a GFX with the redline or not (The picture shows it but it's not mentioned anywhere)

Any other must have features? is the Redline Package worth the price?
This will be a daily driver not for track use.

TIA

Andrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonster View Post
Imo, not sure what color you’re going for, but the red calipers do stand out and look awesome on these cars. I got the hot wheels edition with the orange calipers and I’m glad they are colored to stick out.
I agree on the red calipers, it is much cheaper to order them with the car than to add them on later... What color car are you getting???

Otherwise, for me the big things were NPP, MRC, A10 and I did NOT want NAV or a Sunroof...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 05:51 AM   #5
SWRocket

I'm planning to go either Summit White (like my Z28 is now and like my 2010 2SS/RS was) or Black...still trying to decide.
The thing I liked about the redline are the rims and the red accents inside...I actually don't really want the fender stripes.
I will add the red calipers for sure.
2021 2SS A10 - Summit White - NPP - MRC - Adrenaline Red Interior Pkg - Black Appearance Pkg - Ground Effect Pkg - Suede Steering Wheel and shifter - Red Calipers - Carbon Flash Wheels w black lug nuts - DD Tinted Side Markers - Hero Tinted Rear Reflectors - Redline Fender Badges - 20% Tint
Audio System Build Log
Old 06-29-2020, 11:44 AM   #6
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
I'm planning to go either Summit White (like my Z28 is now and like my 2010 2SS/RS was) or Black...still trying to decide.
The thing I liked about the redline are the rims and the red accents inside...I actually don't really want the fender stripes.
I will add the red calipers for sure.
Red calipers will look great with either white or black...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
Old 06-30-2020, 06:25 AM   #7
SWRocket

Definitely getting the red calipers. Decided on Summit White.
Does anyone know if it's possible to delete the fender stripes from the redline package?
Audio System Build Log
Old 06-30-2020, 06:59 AM   #8
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Redline Edition includes:

20" Black-painted aluminum wheels with Red accents
Black Camaro fender badge with Red outline
Redline Edition graphics
Red seat belt color
Red knee pads
Premium carpeted floor mats

There are no fender stripes, there is a "hash mark" on the rear decklid. Any/all graphics can be removed as they are adhesive vinyl. Additionally, at least some of them may be dealer-installed (the fender graphic on my car was ordered from the factory but it gets installed at the dealership to protect it in transit).

The "Fender Badge" is the Camaro logo (full word instead of just the symbol) - maybe that's what you're thinking of?

You also get black rear spoiler and black rearview mirrors with a red stripe in them.

Use the ordering configurator on Chevy's site to see what it adds/removes, and you could also compare to getting a Summit White with Adrenaline Red interior (instead of Redline Edition). Mine is the latter:
Attached Images

ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:18 AM   #9
SWRocket

Thanks Ember1205. Your car is absolutely beautiful!

I was talking about the hash marks on the fender as well as anything on the decklid. I like the logo.
I'm not crazy about vinyl on the car and I like plain look as much as possible. I'm glad they're all dealer added. I'll speak with them about not putting them on.
I like the Redline because of the rims (which I believe account for most of the cost of the package) and the red accents on the grill and mirrors.
Audio System Build Log
Old 06-30-2020, 07:26 AM   #10
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Thanks Ember1205. Your car is absolutely beautiful!

I was talking about the hash marks on the fender as well as anything on the decklid. I like the logo.
I'm not crazy about vinyl on the car and I like plain look as much as possible. I'm glad they're all dealer added. I'll speak with them about not putting them on.
I like the Redline because of the rims (which I believe account for most of the cost of the package) and the red accents on the grill and mirrors.
Thanks.

I wanted Summit White and the Adrenaline Red grew on me quickly for the interior. I 100% didn't want the hash mark and had requested the dealer not install it (no option to order for me, and there were few options for off-the-lot with what I wanted for options). Right before I went to take delivery, I decided to have them install the hash mark and I actually really like it there.

Looking at it in photos doesn't do it the justice it deserves... The graphic on the fender actually has a bit of 'texture' to it as a result of the embossed logos that are buried in it. I added a closeup here to show it (it's through the whole graphic even though it doesn't show up in the photo that way - it's all about the viewing angle).

The hash on the fender accents the red from the interior. I'm seriously considering painting the calipers as well since I can get replacement Brembo stickers for about $14 on line and the total job would be under $100.
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2020, 08:08 AM   #11
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
If you don't like the fender hash marks, you could just order a white 2SS with the red calipers, black wheels and red belts. It's much cheaper to do it this way. The redline package is pretty expensive and that's mainly because of the wheels in the package.

What strikes me as odd is that you can't order Adrenaline Red leather with the Redline. Sometimes I wonder why GM makes the decisions that they do. lol

I looked at ordering a black redline during the last week of 2020 allocations but went a black/adrenaline red with black wheels, red calipers and red seat belts instead. $47,980 msrp instead of $49,615 for the redline.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 08:58 AM   #12
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
If you don't like the fender hash marks, you could just order a white 2SS with the red calipers, black wheels and red belts. It's much cheaper to do it this way. The redline package is pretty expensive and that's mainly because of the wheels in the package.

What strikes me as odd is that you can't order Adrenaline Red leather with the Redline. Sometimes I wonder why GM makes the decisions that they do. lol

I looked at ordering a black redline during the last week of 2020 allocations but went a black/adrenaline red with black wheels, red calipers and red seat belts instead. $47,980 msrp instead of $49,615 for the redline.
IMHO, Adrenaline Red plus Redline on the interior is a -LOT- of red. Door panels, seat belts, seat inserts, knee pads, door handles. GM may disallow the combination for no other reason than "just because" of their own demographic information saying that not enough people would want it to make it available that way.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:32 PM   #13
SWRocket

So went to the dealer. There are no more 2020 orders so on Aug 6th they will place an order for a 2021.

2SS
10 Speed Auto
Summit White
Redline Package (black interior and there is no fender hash stripe on the current Redline package)
MRC
NPP
Red Calipers
Black Lug nuts and locks
Suede Steering Wheel (grew to like it on the Z28)

Thanks all for your help.
Audio System Build Log
Old 07-01-2020, 12:01 PM   #14
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Quote:
So went to the dealer. There are no more 2020 orders so on Aug 6th they will place an order for a 2021.

2SS
10 Speed Auto
Summit White
Redline Package (black interior and there is no fender hash stripe on the current Redline package)
MRC
NPP
Red Calipers
Black Lug nuts and locks
Suede Steering Wheel (grew to like it on the Z28)

Thanks all for your help.
NICE!

Congrats!