Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 06-16-2020, 06:52 PM   #29
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS18 View Post
Just was simply trying to imply that rates are low right now and incentives are getting even better for all vehicles. There was 10,000 off sticker for the Acadia, so I was simply trying to say that the deals for Camaros will probably start to get even better, especially due to the kind of year we are having. I got my '18 2SS Camaro Vert last year at the end of May beginning of June for $40,000 out the door, no trade, with a sticker of $54,000, I had to drive about 300 miles/5 hours to get it, since it was the closest '18 I could find and I wanted that style front end. So the deals should start getting better.
Apples and oranges. You can't compare a grocery getter that's well suited for all for seasons to a sports car. Stock and sales numbers are radically different, too.

Interest rates are reasonable as long as your credit is good.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 10:47 AM   #30
Frost_SS

Drives: Camaro
Im really curious for the July incentives at this point. Unfortunately Satin Steel 2019's are gone from all my searching in the 2ss 1le package. I check daily online and more and more inventory is starting to fill up across the country with 2020's. I've seriously contemplated ordering one at this point. I see quite a few 2ss 1le's listed for 47k with roughly 51k MSRP currently. Just not in my color yet.

If GM offers 0% apr on a 2020 and you order the car do you get to take advantage of that at the time of order or is that considered an on delivery incentive such as cash rebates?
Frost_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 10:53 AM   #31
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost_SS View Post
Im really curious for the July incentives at this point. Unfortunately Satin Steel 2019's are gone from all my searching in the 2ss 1le package. I check daily online and more and more inventory is starting to fill up across the country with 2020's. I've seriously contemplated ordering one at this point. I see quite a few 2ss 1le's listed for 47k with roughly 51k MSRP currently. Just not in my color yet.

If GM offers 0% apr on a 2020 and you order the car do you get to take advantage of that at the time of order or is that considered an on delivery incentive such as cash rebates?
Was the 1LE trim available for 2019?
Old 06-17-2020, 10:58 AM   #32
Frost_SS

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Was the 1LE trim available for 2019?
Oh yeah. Just hard to find it in that color and 2ss instead of 1ss.
Frost_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 11:08 AM   #33
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Oh yeah. Just hard to find it in that color and 2ss instead of 1ss.
Gotcha.

Apparently, there isn't much out there with the 1LE trim left at all regardless - that's why I was wondering if it actually existed at all.
Old 06-17-2020, 12:13 PM   #34
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
That's not true at all.

I just ordered 8 2020 Camaros 2 weeks ago, all stock units.

I could have ordered my car????????? If that's the truth I am totally po'ed. No one anywhere, online or otherwise uttered a peep about it? Even stuff online from reputed folks said no new orders. Was this perhaps a dealer thing where cancelled orders were offered up thru allocation or something. I'm about ready to lose my shiznit :-(

Quote:
They can be ordered now. This is the first week of 2021 consensus and 6/25 is the first dealer allocation week.

So 2021 is a real go now for car ordering....
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 12:13 PM   #35
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:

With GM, rebates and financing incentives are always what is available at the time of delivery, not when it is ordered.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 12:20 PM   #36
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
With GM, rebates and financing incentives are always what is available at the time of delivery, not when it is ordered.
My local dealership had told me that they were going to be able to provide incentives against orders that were delayed because of COVID-19 based on some different criteria. I believe that GM know what the incentives "would have been" based on when the car should have been delivered and will honor those if they are better.
Old 06-17-2020, 12:23 PM   #37
GearheadSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
I could have ordered my car????????? If that's the truth I am totally po'ed. No one anywhere, online or otherwise uttered a peep about it? Even stuff online from reputed folks said no new orders. Was this perhaps a dealer thing where cancelled orders were offered up thru allocation or something. I'm about ready to lose my shiznit :-(

So 2021 is a real go now for car ordering....
Honestly, it was a surprise. I was not expecting one final round of 2020 orders. I can't say for sure why they did it but I can tell you that this was not due to cancelled dealer orders.

Keep in mind that nothing is "business as usual" in the car business right now. The pandemic has thrown the entire industry for a loop so things are out of whack.

Unless you were ordering Rally Green, I would just order a 2021 and not worry about it. You're getting a model year newer vehicle and that's a good thing.
Old 06-17-2020, 12:24 PM   #38
GearheadSS

Quote:
My local dealership had told me that they were going to be able to provide incentives against orders that were delayed because of COVID-19 based on some different criteria. I believe that GM know what the incentives "would have been" based on when the car should have been delivered and will honor those if they are better.
You need to find a new dealer. It sounds like they're feeding you some large portions of bullshit.
Old 06-17-2020, 12:27 PM   #39
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
You need to find a new dealer. It sounds like they're feeding you some large portions of bullshit.
No, I don't need to find a new dealership. I have a sales and services relationship with them and have for years. The context of the conversations I have had with them would create NO reason for them to be anything but straight-forward with me.

My dealership is my dealership because I gave them an opportunity to earn my trust and business and they did. You and I haven't had that opportunity.
Old 06-17-2020, 12:51 PM   #40
VQ35DE

Drives: 2013 / 2SS / RS / L99
Yep that was B.S.
VQ35DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 12:56 PM   #41
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Quote:
Honestly, it was a surprise. I was not expecting one final round of 2020 orders. I can't say for sure why they did it but I can tell you that this was not due to cancelled dealer orders.

Keep in mind that nothing is "business as usual" in the car business right now. The pandemic has thrown the entire industry for a loop so things are out of whack.

Unless you were ordering Rally Green, I would just order a 2021 and not worry about it. You're getting a model year newer vehicle and that's a good thing.

Yeah well the Equinox goes in for oil change since its under warranty and my sales guy is there tomorrow..... So we shall see about the 2021 and the order. I WILL GET WHAT I WANT lol. Not gonna settle and there weren't any killer deals anyhow.

Any word on 2021 production start? Assuming normal downtime for plant maintenance and the production restart since its a normal model year with no real changes.

Quote:
No, I don't need to find a new dealership. I have a sales and services relationship with them and have for years. The context of the conversations I have had with them would create NO reason for them to be anything but straight-forward with me.

My dealership is my dealership because I gave them an opportunity to earn my trust and business and they did. You and I haven't had that opportunity.

Anything is possible. Also the geography from TX to CT would play a huge roll in what dealerships are willing to do for a Camaro sales. One its year round sales vs. niche. Personally I've never seen a dealer who would give current incentives on an ordered car as they change monthly(sometimes stupidly so).
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 12:57 PM   #42
GearheadSS

Quote:

What I'm saying that is that I've been doing this for 20 years and when it comes to GM incentives, IT'S ALWAYS WHAT IS AVAILABLE AT THE TIME OF DELIVERY. Period. The dealership might offer some sort of incentive on their end but it's not coming from GM.

My goal on this forum is a)enjoy the Camaro content because I'm an enthusiast and b) to help people and to give them the correct ordering information. Luckily, I'm not the only one on this forum that's here to help. Becky does a fantastic job with this.

When I see someone make comments that I know aren't true, I'm going to say something about it. You made 2 comments about something a dealer has told you as being true when I know they're not. That's why I said what I said.