Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-08-2017, 04:41 PM   #15
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
I notice it sitting at a light, I tap the throttle and there is nothing. Put it into gear with the clutch pushed in and the throttle seems to be back on... weird....

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:05 PM   #16
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by martelds View Post
I was in Track mode too, normally I drive in Sport mode. I'm sure it's ok, but it was weird.
Is it possible it did it to save your life? Maybe it did it because it sensed it would lose traction on that dangerous curve, thus saving your life.
Your Car is your Keeper.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:38 PM   #17
Michael's 50th

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 50th
Same here. It's not consistent though. However when the clutch is pushed in and also in gear it sounds like a beast, but if in neutral and clutch not pushed in throttle is basically gone most of the time, a few occasions it had really crisp throttle in neutral. So im not sure what the parameters are for the throttle response. I guess that's what warranty is for if its actually a flaw in the system
Michael's 50th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:52 PM   #18
martelds
Go Arizona Cardinals

Drives: 2006 GMC Duramax 2500 HD, 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFlew View Post
Is it possible it did it to save your life? Maybe it did it because it sensed it would lose traction on that dangerous curve, thus saving your life.
Your Car is your Keeper.
If you can get killed doing 25 in a hairpin curve, then maybe she did save my life. I simple think it's a bug in the system. I was just wondering if others had this problem. I do think it might be the electric timing. Ever notice if you tap on the gas when it's cold, sometime my car revs high, like too high. Freaked my out the day I picked it up.
2016 2SS Garnet Red 2SS,6 Speed, NPP, MRC, Adrenaline Red interior, Black Rally Stripes, NAV, Sunroof, Corvette Z51 Black Wheels, Black Front Fascia, aFe / PFADT Suspension Lowering Springs, Black High Rise Rear Spoiler. High flow headers, E85, Roto-Fab Cold Air, MSD Atomic AirForce Intake. aFe / PFADT Front & Rear Sway Bar. Pushing 520 to the Rear Wheels
martelds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:07 PM   #19
2SSHIFT

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Camaro 2SS 6MT
I have a '16 2SS 6MT and have experience this same issue.
2SSHIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:07 PM   #20
crazydmc
ummmm

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Nightfall w/Blk Wheels
Quote:
If you can get killed doing 25 in a hairpin curve, then maybe she did save my life. I simple think it's a bug in the system. I was just wondering if others had this problem. I do think it might be the electric timing. Ever notice if you tap on the gas when it's cold, sometime my car revs high, like too high. Freaked my out the day I picked it up.
the computer is ultimately in charge of the throttle.... you pushing the gas pedal is merely a request to the computer which can be denied for a variety of reasons.

it could be like you said a bug... the particular set of inputs was not expected and so it did not react.

recently someone was using his clutch to hold him at an intersection (slight uphill) and when light turned he hit the gas and NOTHING.... it wasn't until he hit the brake and pushed the clutch all the way in did the gas pedal start responding. (was the computer busy considering applying the parking brake and was confused by the riding of the clutch or ? who knows)

note: after 14k miles with my M6 I have not experienced these events... (I'm always in Sport & Competitive mode)
crazydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:45 PM   #21
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Maybe just maybe...my car is jerky at times at low speeds.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:53 PM   #22
Meteorma

Drives: Camaro ss
My lag goes away when I put it in competitive mode
Meteorma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:13 PM   #23
dotfiles
@SS_1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
I was in Track mode too, normally I drive in Sport mode. I'm sure it's ok, but it was weird.
Unlikely that there Is a bug in the system. I would imagine that since you still had TC and Stability on it cut power based on cornering force, steering angle and sudden throttle application. Competition mode wouldn't cut power in this way.
dotfiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 01:21 AM   #24
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Is there a electronic throttle that does not do this? The delay was in the 5th gen too. Every electronic throttle has it. On my dads Jeep Cherokee its dangerously lagged. I mean it is so slow to give it throttle then its on that you will pull to late into a intersection and get hit.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:54 AM   #25
Dfelux

Drives: 2016 SS Hyper Blue
It's just all the nannies they have on these cars IMO. Leaving work there is a small bump mid corner. If I hit the gas too soon after hitting the bump I can FLOOR the car and get zero throttle whether or not I'm in tour, sport or track. Throttle is my biggest complaint on this car as it makes the car feel too unpredictable. Otherwise, amazing car
Dfelux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:42 AM   #26
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
As others have already said and from the description of your driving conditions the computer was sensing a significant steering input while you were applying heavy throttle. Prior to TC systems this would have likely caused significant and possibly unrecoverable oversteer as the rear end kicked out sharply or even caused you to spin out. The car was protecting you from doing this. (you can hear him hit the gas mid corner and the car lost control as a result)

Please don't use this experience as a reason to turn off traction control, it's there for a reason. If you want to turn it off and you want to learn to drive with it off please look for autocross events near you or driving schools where you can learn in a safe manner. I have been autocrossing for several years, I love it, but I still drive with all nannies on when I am not autocrossing.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:28 AM   #27
martelds
Go Arizona Cardinals

Drives: 2006 GMC Duramax 2500 HD, 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
As others have already said and from the description of your driving conditions the computer was sensing a significant steering input while you were applying heavy throttle. Prior to TC systems this would have likely caused significant and possibly unrecoverable oversteer as the rear end kicked out sharply or even caused you to spin out. The car was protecting you from doing this. (you can hear him hit the gas mid corner and the car lost control as a result)

Please don't use this experience as a reason to turn off traction control, it's there for a reason. If you want to turn it off and you want to learn to drive with it off please look for autocross events near you or driving schools where you can learn in a safe manner. I have been autocrossing for several years, I love it, but I still drive with all nannies on when I am not autocrossing.
You are probably all right that it's the Nannies kicking in. No more nannies for me. Kidding of course, they are there for a reason just like ABS and Airbags. I will never be able to get out of my mind the image of a dumb ass wrecking their new Z06 because they took off the nannies. What I expericneded was super annoying, but I think we figured out why.
2016 2SS Garnet Red 2SS,6 Speed, NPP, MRC, Adrenaline Red interior, Black Rally Stripes, NAV, Sunroof, Corvette Z51 Black Wheels, Black Front Fascia, aFe / PFADT Suspension Lowering Springs, Black High Rise Rear Spoiler. High flow headers, E85, Roto-Fab Cold Air, MSD Atomic AirForce Intake. aFe / PFADT Front & Rear Sway Bar. Pushing 520 to the Rear Wheels
martelds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:31 PM   #28
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
Is there a electronic throttle that does not do this? The delay was in the 5th gen too. Every electronic throttle has it. On my dads Jeep Cherokee its dangerously lagged. I mean it is so slow to give it throttle then its on that you will pull to late into a intersection and get hit.
I still have my 5th gens and non of them do what your saying, what they do is kick in if the car get out of control, by limiting power, not this car there is a lag in input from the gas pedal, as nothing happens for what seams as a standing 3 count, one time on the high way we pulled in to the passing lane to go around a truck, and the car did not go any faster for the 3 count with me mashing the gas, and then it went full tilt, this is not safe IMO.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote