Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-05-2016, 04:42 PM   #15
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
A good rinseless made into a detailer works awesome for bird crap, soft Mf towel, do not scrub, and keep spraying so it is nice and lubricated...have had this happen a few times, works great everytime. Always keeps a spray bottle of rinseless detailer and MF towels in my cargo net in the trunk.

Quick detailer is dead, it's too expensive and rinseless in a bottle works better.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 06:53 PM   #16
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
For a lubricant that's very inexpensive, and very good, Ultima Waterless Wash Plus Concentrate. Cost about $17 for a bottle, makes 5.5 gallons of waterless wash/detail spray, can also be used for clay lube.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 09:21 AM   #17
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Thanks for all the good info, guys! I need to investigate and pick up some kind of waterless wash to keep in the trunk.

As to the car, I spent some time in the garage looking it over, last night after I got home. Luckily, there was no sign of scratching that I could find. Daylight will be better to re-check, but at least there is nothing obvious.

I took some Meguiers quick detailer and a microfiber cloth and went over the area (really the whole raised center section of the hood) where the sh*t hit, and it looks good now. Also found a couple of small white dots on the roof that were probably part of the assault, and cleaned those off with detailer, as well.