Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-24-2016, 09:45 AM   #1
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
BF Deal: Meguiar's Show n Shine Kit Walmart $19.72

Great deal! 7 full size bottles of product and a sponge for $19.72. I think they will be there for entire Xmas season. I bought 3, 1 for me and 1 for each of my children.

KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 09:46 AM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
That is a good deal .....but it's missing a polish. Pisses me off when manufactures don't get this…The quik wax and the hot shine foam are excellent, excellent products. I recommend the quikwax (actually a polymer) to every person who doesn't want to do anything ANYTHING to their car, and is not a "car guy". (I.e. All my women friends)
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 10:04 AM   #3
KirkH

Yes I use the QuikWax with customers on my cheapest wash and wax because I have a box of sample sizes someone gave me. It works well. I have used the Quick Detailer many times, but have not tried the glass cleaner, tire foam or shampoo. Looking forward to trying them. At $2.82 per bottle of product, that is at least 50% off.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:06 AM   #4
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
Yes I use the QuikWax with customers on my cheapest wash and wax because I have a box of sample sizes someone gave me. It works well. I have used the Quick Detailer many times, but have not tried the glass cleaner, tire foam or shampoo. Looking forward to trying them. At $2.82 per bottle of product, that is at least 50% off.
I gave up quick detailers years ago when I discovered rinseless. 2 ounces rinseless in a Windex bottle and the rest distilled water is better than any detail or I've ever used, and a TON cheaper…anytime somebody asks me to instruct them on how to do a rinseless, I go into their garage, dump out a bottle of something they're not using/old and mix them up a bottle, stick it in their trunk with a microfiber for dust and bird bombs.....

Last edited by Glen e; 11-24-2016 at 10:29 AM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 10:28 AM   #5
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
I gave up quick detailers years ago when I discovered rinseless. 2 ounces rinseless in a Windex bottle and the rest distilled water is better than any detail or I've ever used, and a TON cheaper…
Yes sir totally! I use Chemical Guys EcoSmart Waterless as my QD and clay lube. It works out to be a fraction of the cost of detailers.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:20 PM   #6
KirkH

The Hot Shine tire cleaner is good stuff