Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-09-2017, 03:50 PM   #29
KenH.

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 NPP MRC
I've had this happen and I definitely get the impression the car is trying to save you from yourself. In tight slow turns ham-fisting to full throttle is asking for the car to pivot on its front wheels and the nannies say no.

Remember this is performance traction control designed for fast lap times and in performance driving you don't stuff the throttle into the turn you go hot in using the turn to scrub off your speed then get back onto the throttle at the apex of the turn. You are trying to do something completely counter-intuitive to the way the traction control is supposed to work.

If you want to accelerate hard going into that kind of corner i suggest you apply the throttle smoothly and relatively slowly to keep the nannies from heavily interfering.
KenH. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:20 PM   #30
thundercrakcer

Drives: Summit White 2SS, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenH. View Post
If you want to accelerate hard going into that kind of corner i suggest you apply the throttle smoothly and relatively slowly to keep the nannies from heavily interfering.
I expirenced the same issue with the lag and TC kicking in, and because of that I got a throttle controller, didn't make the lag go away, only reduced it.
I got the car last summer and had to deal with the lag. Fast forward to winter 2016/17 I use using my Cruze for that time, now that car has some lag, (turbo lag of course) and the very first day I got the Camaro out for a spin, the throttle controller was wayyy to sensitive. I turned it down from SP4 to 1-2, a week later I took the controller out competly. Even when the controller was at SP0, I found it lagged, and the TC kicked in a lot. Once you are 100% comfortable and become more connected to the car, it will go away. And driving safer

I think going from a 6gen to a Cruze over the winter is what made me "understand" (for a lack of better terms) our throttle response.
I also found that the more mileage the car gets the better the repsonse, and not stomping on the gas, but rather rolling into the throttle aggressivly helps avoid the lag.

But I could be wrong, this is just my expirences so far.
Old 05-16-2017, 12:10 AM   #31
MoreSpeed

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue A10 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
Please don't use this experience as a reason to turn off traction control, it's there for a reason. If you want to turn it off and you want to learn to drive with it off please look for autocross events near you or driving schools where you can learn in a safe manner. I have been autocrossing for several years, I love it, but I still drive with all nannies on when I am not autocrossing.
+1
We are all just one idiot on their cell phone texting away from really needing those nannies.... even though I love driving with them all off on course.

Sold 2010 997 GT3, 2016 WRX, 2006 997 C2S, 2003 996 C4S, 2001 Boxster S, 1997 E420 AMG
etc..
MoreSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:28 AM   #32
00 Trans Ram

Drives: 2017 2SS
It's not the nannies that induce lag. Cross-post from here http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...=488478&page=3

OK, finally took a video of what I mean by "throttle lag". This is typical, though it can be worse (usually when in 1st gear, and slowly letting out the clutch in traffic). It's never better.

As you can see, both traction control and stability control are off (hold TC button 5+ seconds). I'm in Sport mode, 4th gear, at 50 mph. And, the throttle controller is on SP4 (Sport 4).

You can see/hear what I'm talking about if you listen for the "click" of the pedal being pressed all the way down, and the corresponding rev that happens ~1/2 second later. It's actually about 13-14 frames later, in the video, which means that it's actually between .43 and .47 seconds delayed. But, close enough.

This is the "throttle lag" which I'm trying to get rid of. But, as I said in my OP, logic dictates that, unless the controller is actually reprogramming the computer, there is no way that putting an ADDITIONAL processing component into the information transmission pathway can REDUCE lag. Even if it takes only 1 millisecond for the controller to process the input and produce an output, that's an ADDITIONAL millisecond added to the existing lag.
00 Trans Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:46 AM   #33
martelds
Go Arizona Cardinals

Drives: 2006 GMC Duramax 2500 HD, 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 Trans Ram View Post
It's not the nannies that induce lag. Cross-post from here http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...=488478&page=3

OK, finally took a video of what I mean by "throttle lag". This is typical, though it can be worse (usually when in 1st gear, and slowly letting out the clutch in traffic). It's never better.

As you can see, both traction control and stability control are off (hold TC button 5+ seconds). I'm in Sport mode, 4th gear, at 50 mph. And, the throttle controller is on SP4 (Sport 4).

You can see/hear what I'm talking about if you listen for the "click" of the pedal being pressed all the way down, and the corresponding rev that happens ~1/2 second later. It's actually about 13-14 frames later, in the video, which means that it's actually between .43 and .47 seconds delayed. But, close enough.

This is the "throttle lag" which I'm trying to get rid of. But, as I said in my OP, logic dictates that, unless the controller is actually reprogramming the computer, there is no way that putting an ADDITIONAL processing component into the information transmission pathway can REDUCE lag. Even if it takes only 1 millisecond for the controller to process the input and produce an output, that's an ADDITIONAL millisecond added to the existing lag.
This is exactly what I felt. I also realized that I normal understand where the dead spot is and I know exactly when my car will respond to the throttle. It's something I don't even think about, but then when I really needed it, it wasn't there.
2016 2SS Garnet Red 2SS,6 Speed, NPP, MRC, Adrenaline Red interior, Black Rally Stripes, NAV, Sunroof, Corvette Z51 Black Wheels, Black Front Fascia, aFe / PFADT Suspension Lowering Springs, Black High Rise Rear Spoiler. High flow headers, E85, Roto-Fab Cold Air, MSD Atomic AirForce Intake. aFe / PFADT Front & Rear Sway Bar. Pushing 520 to the Rear Wheels
martelds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:49 AM   #34
00 Trans Ram

Drives: 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by martelds View Post
This is exactly what I felt. I also realized that I normal understand where the dead spot is and I know exactly when my car will respond to the throttle. It's something I don't even think about, but then when I really needed it, it wasn't there.
And, as many people have said, it gets worse at certain (random???) times, it is a lot worse. I've given the car a normal amount of throttle input, and have it stall. I just don't get it.
00 Trans Ram is offline   Reply With Quote